our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > News / Research / Articles / Books
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News / Research / Articles / Books Helpful resources for books, news, research and more. If you find a book article or research paper interesting, mention it here please.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
NoRx4me

Breast-Cancer Link to Antidepressants

Breast-Cancer Link to Paxil Drug Category Found in Antidepressant Research

Scientists should more closely examine whether antidepressant drugs increase the risk of breast and ovarian cancer, according to a researcher affiliated with Harvard University whose review of 61 studies suggested a link.

The risk of cancer increased 11 percent on average for patients taking the medicines, according to a report that analyzed previous data and was published in yesterday’s issue of the peer-reviewed journal PLoS ONE...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-research.html
NoRx4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #2
LCrawford67
"Freakishly Optimistic"

Re: Breast-Cancer Link to Antidepressants

It's interesting to me, how things get rehashed. This is actually very old news, and there were several articles posted here years ago. Then, was debunked a couple years later, with more articles and now, being brought up again.

And again, why I pay no attention to "studies." Coffee's good - coffee's bad - wait, now it's good again.

Paxil, 20 mg since 1997, for IBS
Two unsuccessful attempts to quit.
Started tapering 11/27/06
PAXIL FREE 12/29/07

Today is the best day, EVER!
LCrawford67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
NoRx4me

Re: Breast-Cancer Link to Antidepressants

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCrawford67 View Post
It's interesting to me, how things get rehashed. This is actually very old news, and there were several articles posted here years ago. Then, was debunked a couple years later, with more articles and now, being brought up again.

And again, why I pay no attention to "studies." Coffee's good - coffee's bad - wait, now it's good again.
I know what you mean. I always feel like I already know what they're going to say and I could pick these articles apart from either side. I'll find two sentences encouraging and then get infuriated by the next two.
For example: "patients shouldn't stop taking meds, they should just tell their doctor about the study". That was actually a doctor's quote from one of the articles posted about AD's causing heart attacks. WTF?!
NoRx4me is offline   Reply With Quote