our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
jule1

Seeking some advice...

Hey guys!

So I have been struggling with this for some time now but thought I would post on here and see if anyone has any info on this. I have not yet posted my success story because I am still dealing with some lingering issues that haven't quite let me reach that 100% healed mark just yet.

However I am healed to the point that my husband and I have been trying to conceive another child since November. I have had every test done, even an ultrasound, to find that I am not ovulating. And there is NO medical reason why I am not ovulating. Which has led me to believe that it has to be withdrawal and those hormones just haven't quite straightened out yet. This has been a very trying process for us. The only thing that showed up abnormal on any of my tests is that I have a progesterone level (after ovulating) of below 1 which is abnormally low. It is so hard to put this out there but I am wondering if anyone has any information or experience with this?? I will be 37 next month so our clock is ticking and I just refuse to let the pills I took and the withdrawal I suffered take one more major thing away from me and my family. All of my labs looked normal even thyroid which really shocked me. And I will say those of you suffering PSSD that mine came back just last October so it WILL happen I promise. I thought I would never get over it but in time everything will heal.

I do know that my periods have been erratic ever since I took the meds and then all throughout withdrawal. My cycles lately have been running 35+ days and have been very painful, etc. However since I started the natural progesterone cream here recently it has helped this. This is the only thing I know to do at this point is to continue the progesterone cream since I have heard about how this is supposed to help with fertility when used properly. I have been checked for pcos and everything else and all tests came back normal. Our plan is to just wait it out for a bit in hopes that things will return to normal.

OF course my doctor is really pushing Clomid backed up by progesterone but I am afraid of taking any pills especially ones that will affect hormones and possible neurotransmitters. It is my last resort.

Anyone have experience with this??? Ideas???

36 months off Effexor January 2011 Supplements:
Tryptophan, Magnesium, Fish Oil, Calcium D, Stress B Complex, Ashwagandha,
tapering .5 mg Xanax taken at bedtime for close to 4 years
2/15/10-.4375mg
3/12/10-.375 mg
4/5/10-.3125 mg
4/23/10-.25 mg
5/21/10-.1875 mg
6/17/10-.125 mg
7/13/10-.0625mg
8/29/10-0
jule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
audrealjade

Re: Seeking some advice...

This may be an incredibly dumb question on my part but how are you not ovulating but still having periods? I didn't realize you could have a period without ovulation.
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week
Off all medication as of 12/17/2011

My story ends with finding out I have Lyme disease which caused my nervous system and hormones to go haywire. Currently in treatment.
www.sabbaticalsoapbox.com

"Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Just keep going, no feeling is final." - Rilke
audrealjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
Kay2020

I have been through infertility treatments so I feel I can comment. I didn't take any ADs till after those treatments, I took the clomid and the progesterone but this was before Ads, I had no problems with the treatments. it didn't work in my case because of scar tissue after a ectopic pregnancy.

If it were me again, I would do it again. Your doctor wants the treatments because of your age and that is fine but just try not to stress out about it. it is the one thing I did to my self and it was not a nice time for us.

I looked at your history and you are right it could be your body is still settling down.

If I could go back and do it all over again I would see to it that I would not stress myself out. That was a major thing was the pressure I was putting on myself.

If you want to give yourself some time that is fine also, the most important thing is your stress level and your relationship.

Edit: I wanted to add that I did not take Ads because of the treatments, nor did the treatments depress me or cause any anxiety. I don't want any one to be afraid of these treatments.

Kay2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
Shiloh1

Yes these drugs really mess with your hormones but you may have had these problems without the drugs as I have several friends who have conceived with no problems while being on very high doses of ADs. I have also many friends who have trouble conceiving that have never touched and AD.....pressuring yourself makes it worse...I worked at a fertility clinic and Clomid did not seem to cause any problems that I know of.....i'm sure you will do fine :-).....can you send me a PM? I have a few questions for you-thanks!!
Physical Symptoms: Totally GONE (except I am still unable to lose all the weight but could be because i'm pushing 40)
Psychological Symptoms:
Anhedonia: 60% Improved
Motivation: 70% Improved
Anger/Irritibility: 70% Improved
Insomnia: gone, sleep all night now-most nights.
Sense of Humor: Slowly returning
Now wicked PMS that I did not have before meds
Shiloh1 is offline   Reply With Quote