our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
frankdee

permanent?

Hi, what do people on tis site think about UTUBE posts by fellow past users of ssri's who claim permanent sexual dysfunction?
frankdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
rangerNY
Administrator
Wax on. Wax off.

Re: permanent?

I think that nobody posts videos on YouTube about how they got better, just like nobody calls customer service to say they're happy with what they're getting. There's a huge bias in the sample, so you can't draw any statistically significant conclusions.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
mustangwoman

I have heard many people say that their libido becomes stronger as their doses become smaller, so this is something to keep in mind too.
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg.
mustangwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
NoRx4me

I do believe people can be damaged for long periods of time after SSRI's....HOWEVER, I have seen MANY, MANY times, people who post about permanant damage don't tell the whole story about themselves.

People post things like; "it's been 3 years off paxil and no improvement at all", then later post about smoking pot, or being on Wellbutrin, or A.D.D. meds or a number of different things that make the original statement misleading. I don't think it's always intentional but it is important information.

Other meds (psych meds, fibro meds, meds for high blood pressure or high cholesterol), legal and illegal, alcohol use, tobacco use, etc., etc. should all be taken into account.
NoRx4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
SarahT

I can say that I have seen My hubbys come back as he lowered his dosage and go away as it went up. We are on are way off again so I am again looking forward to the improvement.

Back up on Effexor XR
150mg 8/15/11
Reduced Effexor XR
150mg-112mg on 8/2/10

After Medical Detox
On Risperidone for anxiety
On Methocarbamol for muscle relaxer
On Lidocaine Patch for pain.
No longer on any of these at all
SarahT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
frankdee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahT View Post
I can say that I have seen My hubbys come back as he lowered his dosage and go away as it went up. We are on are way off again so I am again looking forward to the improvement.
Thanks for these posts, I sincerely hope nobody simply tried to state reassuring comments simply for my sake. Some truth exists to these arguments, and every case has a flip side. Its just that these UTUBE posters were so depressing, like these dudes stated 12years have elapsed since begining SSRI or quitting and now they need to inject something into their penis. SAD....

Heres the deal, as a man, 32 years old, 6'2" 192 lbs, good physical health, recieving no supplements, not taking any illicit drugs, or prescription meds, and I am now 5 and a half years removed from a negative reaction to Effexor, I worry. My parts actually work, I am married, I do achieve erections, and respond to sexual stimuli with my spouse who I find attractive. I also occasionally notice morning wood, but some things other than mechanics still linger. After I ejaculate during sex, which is rather quickly - perhaps the SSRI fried my nerves down there to the point that they over fire - I lose my erection and find it difficult to regain it immediately without a refractory period. This is not at all unusual, but what does bother me is the anorgasmia. I ejaculate but it is more of a reflex now for my body than a release of tension whereby I feel relieved, or it feels unbelievably intense. I am kind of numb down there, and slightly apathetic. I dont feel my interest in sex is reflective of someone my age.

The premature ejaculation and anhedonia are a main problem along with lowered libido. I worry, I want to regain a level of functioning, at least in the latency department, that I had prior to ever altering my serotonin. I should say that although I drink alcohol, my issues were present before drinking on average three drinks per week. Am I doomed? Guys tell me it will be OK and I will not be that loser who has to inject his penis on UTUBE.
frankdee is offline   Reply With Quote