our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia Issues in Withdrawal
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia Issues in Withdrawal Feel like anxiety is controlling your life? Is it anxiety or withdrawal? This forum can provide information on how to recognize anxiety for what it is and techniques to take back your life.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
th0ts

withdrawal issues

Hi,
I've been on this site in the past but I've been doing quite well until recently so I thought it was best just to get on with it. As I've said in the past, I've never taken my pills regularly, always once every two or three days. It has always been like this since I started them years ago. I was on 30 mg until a year ago then came down to 20 mg and now 10mg. The withdrawal symptoms started getting very bad so I was taking the 10mg every day without missing any, this was about 4 weeks ago. I noticed that the anxiety got worse and worse every day so I cut them down again to once every 2 or 3 days. I've been doing that for a week now and the anxiety is worse than ever. The problem is I don't know if the anxiety is coming from the withdrawal or from starting to take the pills every day. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should cut it down or take it every day or what to do! I don't know how much longer I can cope with this constant feeling of panic. I seemed ok when I was taking 20mg every few days so maybe this is all from withdrawing to 10mg? It's tempting to go back to 20mg but I'm worried that it might make it even worse for a while?
I hope someone has some kind of idea. Please!
Thanks
th0ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Backtopaxil

Re: withdrawal issues

20mg to 10mg is a big jump. Even I was on 20mg for less than 1 months and tapered back to 10mg in 5 weeks to be safe

Normally you should taper much slower. skipping days ( if I read well) is never advised. Were you stable at 20mg? If so you may want to try that again and stabilize. Once you feel OK then you can start a proper taper.

"This will take time but it will happen!"
"I've been shouting: it takes at LEAST a year " -- Ariella
"If I am going to suffer, at least I will be Paxil free" -- me!

Backtopaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
th0ts

I was never stable on 20mg. I mean, I took it every few days but I wasn't feeling too bad then. Do you think if I went back to 20mg it might make the anxiety worse for a while? I know that happens sometimes
Old 04-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Backtopaxil

Yes they usually cause some anxiety when you updose, but it is short lived. I am not sure why you went down from 30mg to 20mg. Was 30mg too much for you? Were you stable at that dosage?

"This will take time but it will happen!"
"I've been shouting: it takes at LEAST a year " -- Ariella
"If I am going to suffer, at least I will be Paxil free" -- me!

Backtopaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
th0ts

I hated the 30 mg, the side effects were awful. I wanted to come off it but I didn't know how difficult it would be so I went to 20mg and then 10mg. I really don't know whether to go up to 20mg again though. the last thing I want is more anxiety.