our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > News / Research / Articles / Books
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News / Research / Articles / Books Helpful resources for books, news, research and more. If you find a book article or research paper interesting, mention it here please.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-24-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
Bilo76

I am looking for an article from this week

There was an article this week in the dutch national paper. But it was short. Since English is not my native language i thought perhaps you guys have more luck finding the full article.
I translated from the dutch article using google translator. Can anyone help me find this article? Was from this week:

Antidepressants do not work exactly as thought

PRINCETON 19-4-1012 - Modern antidepressants potentiate the action of the signal substance serotonin in the brains. But scientists have long suspected that they do more than that. A new experiment with yeast cells confirms this suspicion.

Scientists from the U.S. Princeton University yeast cells treated with sertraline, the active ingredient in the antidepressant Zoloft. Yeast cells have no serotonin, so Zoloft would not have to do with the cells. But what the researchers saw was that the active substance is accumulated in the cell membrane, the skin of the cell consists of a double layer of fat. The antidepressant was between this double layer, causing the membrane to the inside distorted.
different effects

According to Ethan Perlstein, one of the researchersm, antidepressants like Zoloft indeed work on the serotonin system of the brains. "But these drugs have different effects in different places in the cell - the cell membrane and one of them appears to be." Zoloft may prevent the membrane from the effect on the secretion of certain proteins. There is evidence that a lower secretion of a growth factor specific for brain cells involved in the etiology of depression.

The new results, which were published yesterday in the online science journal PLoS ONE, not only provide insight into the workings of current antidepressants, they can also help researchers to develop new antidepressants that work focused on the cell membrane.

14 years on Paxil 20 mg cause of a bad anxiety disorder (social anxiety, agoraphobia)
2011 Oct 16th: Cold turkey stop Paxil cause of poopout and switch to lexapro 15 mg. Hell started. Tapered lexapro. Tapered oxazepam. Med-free for 16 months. Now on Anafranil (clomipramine)

"....We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. It can not command, only serve..."
Albert Einstein.
Bilo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
Bilo76

Re: I am looking for an article from this week

I looked at the plos one website but thats highschool english lol..can anyone pickl up that article for me pls?

14 years on Paxil 20 mg cause of a bad anxiety disorder (social anxiety, agoraphobia)
2011 Oct 16th: Cold turkey stop Paxil cause of poopout and switch to lexapro 15 mg. Hell started. Tapered lexapro. Tapered oxazepam. Med-free for 16 months. Now on Anafranil (clomipramine)

"....We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. It can not command, only serve..."
Albert Einstein.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Bilo76

Re: I am looking for an article from this week

no-one english can get that article for me?

Albert Einstein.