our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Health Challenges
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health Challenges Anxiety, depression, OCD, headaches, weight and more.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-21-2005, 04:02 AM   #1
zappelina

Coughing up fatty lumps!

This is just too much! Woke up tonight coughing as usual and coughed up little white lumps of fat! Have had them in my mouth for months and begiinning to suspect theyīre in the lungs as well. Is this the reason for the W/D breathing problems???!!!!!
zappelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
rdjanis
"has a lavender scented keyboard"

Re: Coughing up fatty lumps!

I have no idea in regards to helping you with this question. What I do suggest however is that you should go to the doc and have it looked at.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:43 AM   #3
zappelina

Yes, Rita I certainly will! It unbelievably absurd but I have completely ceased to be surprised about anything by now. Have an appointment in about a week anyway. And since so many people on the board seem to have elevated bilirubin Íīll demand a test for that as well, Iīm tired of being ignored by the docs now and being told "it canīt happen".
Old 04-21-2005, 08:01 AM   #4
rdjanis
"has a lavender scented keyboard"

I know what you mean. But with coughing up the lumps.... has me stumped. Maybe someone else will jump in here. Always best to get things like that checked out, everything is not always withdrawal related.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:55 AM   #5
scotty
Administrator

Not to be to graphic here, but it sounds like Mucus plugs. The bad news is that you've got alot of congestion that needs to be liquified(drink alot of water!) the good news is that you're coughing it up! This should be checked by a medical doc, since pneumonia is rampant at this time of year.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:05 AM   #6
Caroline49

I'm coughing up mucus plugs?? GROSS! But I am coughing up hunks of stuff. I do have pneumonia. It is good to cough this stuff up. When I'm laying down ready for sleep I try to be still and quiet. My breathing sounds like something out of The Exorist! When I inhale it is a bit rattled, when I exhale it sounds like demons are coming out of my throat. My husband probably gets the crap scared out of him in the middle of the night with all my breathing antics!
Hang in there Zappalina and keep spitting!!
And we should call every truth false
which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.

Nietzsche
Caroline49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #7
zappelina

Hanging in no matter what, Caroline! Best thing is to cough it up and spit it out. We will survive this, wonīt we? The Exorcist is an excellent comparison, I sound exactly like that. Been for a slow walk now, gasping for air as usual, but it is so boring to sit here alone all the time, had to go out and meet a friend for a walk and a coffee. Stopped eating again, the thought of food is sickening right now. Will be skin and bones before this is over. How are you today, Caroline? Any improvement?
Old 04-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #8
Buxy`s Back

me too im coughing up the same and woke this morning couldnt breathe then sent me into a panic but all this has only recently started after 7 mths off but im very allergy prone at the mo too.if it continues im off for check up its scary stuff thought it was the allergies causing it.
Buxy`s Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 09:02 PM   #9
zappelina

I never thought mine was allergy. I am only allergic to aspirin and nuts and havenīt eaten any such thing. The breathing problems have lasted for a year and I have had some cough on and off but most of the time itīs been dry cough, it only recently became like this. Tried astma meds but they donīt work at all.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:21 PM   #10
Misfit

Sounds like it is mucus or 'phlegm'(sp?) I cough it up alot cause I have chronic bronchitus & I smoke alot. Its not pleasant, but its best to get it out when you can.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:32 AM   #11
zappelina

It isnīt just mucus. It was like that at first but now it is actually fat. I have these fatty lumps in my mouth too, lots of them between my teeth every day and the mucous tissue, tongue etc are coated with a thin layer of it. The lumps look and feel like silicone that isnīt dry yet or something like that and the feeling in the mouth is very weird, like Iīve been rubbing it with margarine or butter or something, it is like hard fat. Must put my foot down next time I see my doctor, this is just unacceptable! I am also a smoker but had no bronchitis or anything before WD. Only time I coughed before this was when I unintentionally happened to eat something containing almonds or nuts.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:56 AM   #12
Buxy`s Back

well that doesnt sound like mine iv got a cough with phlem but suppose its just allergies or iv got a chest infection
Buxy`s Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:18 PM   #13
ZoloPolo

I think i know what you mean ZappeLina..i have same problem...I coughing up fatty lumps..amd have same problem whith my skin..is like plastic fatty skin..
Ihave it between my teeth and om my toungh..i be crazy one day..seems to never stop..is this permanent brain and liver damage..? I know you have seek the most on the web..and we are the two in sweden who have this serious problem...

For me, it started after i was drinkinga few bear..I was on mounth 5 then,,and have no problem whithany of this ,,,so i accosiate it to alkohol..etyl..a process started and only be worse instead of better,,I have lost 28kg now and 20 of they since I drunk..and iīm afraid we be only skin and bones at the end,,,,

*Stopped CT Zoloft
(Still waiting to be recovered)
ZoloPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 05:23 PM   #14
silence4now

zap and zolo, could it be phospholipidosis? This was discussed in the article in the thread you posted zappelina. If it is related, then the person in the article was treated with corticosteroids and seemed to get better. Have either of you tried that?

Since I had the pneumonia back a few months ago I've been doing this sunflower oil detox rinse thing (discussed in a diferent thread) that has kept my sinuses draining and pretty clear. Maybe it's worth a try if you're not getting any results from your doctor's visits.
silence4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:40 AM   #15
ZoloPolo

Lisa

Ihave talk with my dr..and he toke only the normaly test like HB and more..Not hormone, liver test.only S-alat..Kreatinin for njures..He don't belive me, lke so many otheters here..I think he did not now how they work..And I van't say to hin what to to do..But did you mean I will posy in another Thread?? maby itīs related..I will try to do like you said..I try everything to be myself again..not like I'm are now....always have deep source in my skin who is bleeding, fatty,,my hair to....Like something must come out, clear gel..nearly...And i think's to, it's something with retoriods and more.. but how get the liver clean again..? If it's possible,, Thank's for the tips Lisa..I eat Magnesium and Omega-3..and maybe the time will help...the best dr...
Dedde

*Stopped CT Zoloft
(Still waiting to be recovered)
ZoloPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:03 PM   #16
silence4now

Read the studies on the internet.....American ginseng, bilberry, bitter melon, burdock, fenugreek, fish oil, milk thistle...and vitamin E reduce amiodarone-induced lysosomal phospholipidosis in rats.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:10 AM   #17
zappelina

I have read a couple of those studies but I there is no way of knowing if it works for something induced by SSRI withdrawal. But stangely enough I have all the time had a craving for bilberries during the withdrawal. There are no fresh ones available of course but Iīll buy a jar of bilberry jam today. No idea if there is any burdock preparation one can buy in the healthfood store but Iīll ask. As for fenugreek I donīt know what it is, have never heard the word so I donīt understand it but will look it up.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:33 AM   #18
silence4now

Fenugreek is an herb that's usually used in italian sauces. I forgot to mention taurine as well, which is an amino acid.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #19
soulgalgirl

Hi.

I know this is an old thread, but it was the only one that showed up when I searched for "fenugreek."

Zappelina (and anyone else), if you have an allergy to peanuts, then you should NOT be taking fenugreek. Fenugreek is in the same family as peas and peanuts, and people with peanut allergies are usually allergic to fenugreek as well.
soulgalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:01 PM   #20
zappelina

Hi soulgalgirl! Thanks for this information. I have a general nut allergy that comes and goes and at the moment I canīt tolerate any supplements or herbs so Iīm not taking it. Chamomille tea is all I can tolerate, that makes me sleep a bit better.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:43 PM   #21
Delynbetter

Sitting in a hot bath for a while, just breathing in the steam, always get me or my kids to sleep. Softens everything up, including the muscles.
Delynbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #22
toliveisChrist

Ok, im not shure if this will help but.,, my whife often coughs up little white cubs/balls at night or in the morning. The reason is food gathers in her tonsils and turns into bacteria. Seth
toliveisChrist is offline   Reply With Quote