our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-29-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
mralex666

can paxil stop working?

hi all, i've been on 5mg of paxil since last oct and i was feeling great.this past sun i started feeling wierd and kinda scared kinda like i did before taking the paxil i even felt an attack coming on. my question is can paxil stop working?? i mean should i go back up to taking the whole 10mg pill insted of cutting it? i started taking 12.5 cr for panic attacks and since last oct starting tapering to half of that which i think is like 5 or 6 mg's. any advise would be great..
thanks
mralex666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
paxilgirl
"Stinks of lavender"

Re: can paxil stop working?

Mralex...

You are tapering and subsequently WDing from Paxil. The anxiety that you are feeling is related to withdrawal and it is common for people to consider upping the dosage. You have been on that low dose for many months and I commend you...

I have been where you are at and many times I have considered going back on to Paxil for relief.

The panic and anxiety will come and go....there will be good days. Hang in....

Are you currently in therapy or getting some emotional support while you are tapering?

Put on Paxil for situational depression in August 2003. Was also on .5 mg of Clonozapem.
Started on 10mg and increased to 30mg.
Weaned off during the summer of 2004.
Became PAXIL FREE October 4, 2004.
Completely recovered!!!

When you stop learning, you start dying.
paxilgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #3
mralex666

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxilgirl
Mralex...

You are tapering and subsequently WDing from Paxil. The anxiety that you are feeling is related to withdrawal and it is common for people to consider upping the dosage. You have been on that low dose for many months and I commend you...

I have been where you are at and many times I have considered going back on to Paxil for relief.

The panic and anxiety will come and go....there will be good days. Hang in....

Are you currently in therapy or getting some emotional support while you are tapering?
hey paxilgirl, no i tried therapy but i didn't need it as far as emotional support i speak with my mother from time to time since she also suffers fron high anxiety but she is on xanax.i tell my boss and wife when ever i feel a bit strange this way they don't think i'm crazy or something like many people that don't now what this feeling is tell us.. well i hope your right about feeling good and bad at different times..thanks for responding..
Old 04-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
Suze
Banned

Hey guy. YES, paxil can and does stop working. If you take a look at some of Dottie's posts, you will read an incredible story of what can happen when the paxil stops happening. This kind of tragedy makes me want to scream!!

It could be that this is what is happening to you--that the paxil has crapped out and you are in withdrawal. Have you considered cutting to 2.5, or CTing the rest of the way?

Hang in there.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
mralex666

suze, i'm still taking it everyday i haven't stopped. why am i feeling like this all of a sudden? i thought this feeling might come if or when i stop taking it period?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:44 PM   #6
colomom

Hey mralex:

I will agree with the ladies, it can and does quit working, out of the blue. The anxiety/out-of-focus/spinning of the face of the planet feelings can come out of the blue also. I will be great for a couple of weeks then....WHAM! It is like getting slammed and I have no connection with how good I was feeling just a few days prior. I am still tapering, due to drop from 2.5mg to zero this weekend. I have read alot about those who have quit completely and every now and then they have an "episode". I think it is stored in our bodies somewhere (in the fat probably, cuz it sure stocked up in that area) and is slowly released with WD effects until it is completely gone. Unfortunately, it can take a really long time to get completely out....

Hang in there and see if you don't feel better in a few days....
colomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:51 PM   #7
mralex666

so should i keep on taking the 5mg like i always do?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:52 PM   #8
Suze
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mralex666
suze, i'm still taking it everyday i haven't stopped. why am i feeling like this all of a sudden? i thought this feeling might come if or when i stop taking it period?
It would make sense to think these feelings would only come if you stopped taking it period. The truth, however, seems to be that this miserable drug just DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. Some peoples' experience is that they keep taking the drug in the same way and then get completely slammed (and I mean slammed) with w/d symptoms when they aren't withdrawing. It's what paxilgirl was saying: you are BOTH tapering and withdrawing. Nothing has changed in what YOU are doing, but everything has changed in what the DRUG is doing. Do you get what I'm saying?

That's why I put out those suggestions: if the paxil is no longer "working", you may want to consider another taper, or stopping. In other words, if the drug is already putting you into withdrawal, maybe it's time to withdraw.

Hope that makes sense.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:53 PM   #9
Suze
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colomom
WHAM! It is like getting slammed and I have no connection with how good I was feeling just a few days prior.
This is one of the best ways I've ever heard it described, Heather.
My feelings exactly. It's like even the memory of feeling good can no longer be connected to.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:59 PM   #10
mralex666

i quess i'll take the 5mg for another week then cut it again so it can be 2mg i quess. and just stay on that for a while..
Old 04-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #11
Suze
Banned

Quote:
i quess i'll take the 5mg for another week then cut it again so it can be 2mg i quess. and just stay on that for a while..
Hope it goes well for you and you're feeling better soon. Let us know.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:03 PM   #12
colomom

Su-sister...
Isn't that the wierdiest thing??? All of a sudden I feel like I am in a completely different place and time with no memory at all....scary as sh*t....

mralex: if it was me, I would not do anything in the "heat" of the moment. Only make changes when you feel "normal" (if there is such a thing).

Peace!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:08 PM   #13
Suze
Banned

Quote:
Su-sister...
Isn't that the wierdiest thing??? All of a sudden I feel like I am in a completely different place and time with no memory at all....scary as sh*t....
it's that morphing transmorgrifying thing, i dunno. Like someone picks you up and shakes you and what marbles aren't rolling all over the floor are left to try to piece things together from a different location. the curtain comes down...
Old 04-29-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
mralex666

Quote:
Su-sister...

mralex: if it was me, I would not do anything in the "heat" of the moment. Only make changes when you feel "normal" (if there is such a thing).

Peace!
so just stay on the 5mg like i am? do you think i'll snap back into my normal feelings soon?? this post is pretty confusing i quess kinda like we all feel LOL!!.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:10 PM   #15
mralex666

is headaches and having the ****s all part of what you all are telling me?
Old 04-29-2005, 07:17 PM   #16
colomom

mralex: YEP!!!!!

Stay where you are, tough it out, when you feel good, set a date, then drop the dosage. You will still probably have to deal with the disconnected feelings in the future and it won't get easier until you are completely clear and slowly, but surely, headed back to the land of the living.

Good luck!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:19 PM   #17
Suze
Banned

Quote:
is headaches and having the ****s all part of what you all are telling me?
oh ya baby, sure is!
Old 04-29-2005, 07:20 PM   #18
mralex666

ok, i'm taking tons of magnesium like defonz told me to and it kinda helps..thanks guys for your info i'll keep posting..
Old 04-29-2005, 07:22 PM   #19
mralex666

the only good thing is that i still have my sense of humor..i'm watching wildboys and peeing my pants..
Old 04-29-2005, 07:23 PM   #20
Suze
Banned

if the sh!ts are too bad, you may need to ease up on the mag.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:23 PM   #21
Suze
Banned

what's wildboys? tell me tell me...
Old 04-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #22
colomom

eeeewwwwwww....I don't wanna know, plugging my ears......eeeewwwwwww

*kisses from the biggest wienie on the planet*
Old 04-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #23
mralex666

wildboys is a show on mtv2 with steve o and chris from jackass. they go all around the world and do crazy s**t with animals..the best sow if you can check it out..
Old 04-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #24
Suze
Banned

Quote:
wildboys is a show on mtv2 with steve o and chris from jackass. they go all around the world and do crazy s**t with animals..the best sow if you can check it out..
like *sick* stuff with animals that would get PETA bent, or just harmless funny stuff? I don't get mtv2....
Old 04-29-2005, 08:40 PM   #25
mralex666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
like *sick* stuff with animals that would get PETA bent, or just harmless funny stuff? I don't get mtv2....
no! they let animals like snakes bite them and they'll play twister with alligators, go out and buy season 1 on dvd at bestbuy or on ebay if your a fan of the show jackass this is your show..