our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 12-19-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
Norb

chest pain on exhale

yupp, when i exhale completly....bad chest/lung pain w/e, also hurts when i LAUGH

anything i can do to help that?

it could very well be stress related.... if it can cause me pain like that on deep exhale?

i still got the whole abdomen and w/e pain, i do want to call me doc tomrrow and ask if they found anyting in my urine that made them put me on antibiotics, or did they just think i had a infection, i was never told what was the case.... just prescribd the antibiotics which i completed taking over a week ago now
Lexapro free since 1/1/05
Toprol XL free since March 1, 2005
Wellbutrin XL free since April 7, 2005
Norb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:10 PM   #2
Shellshock

Re: chest pain on exhale

Hi Norb,

I get this from time to time and due to the fact that i'm very often anxious, i've put this down to stress, i don't suppose it would harm to get it checked though if it persists.....

Take Care Norb !

Shellshock
Seroxat Free since Sept 2004

Nov 2007 - Still having difficult time and w/d nowhere near complete as yet
Shellshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #3
Norb

this is a nightmare, seriously GOOGLE search for "chest pain when i exhale" and what comes up? ONLY 1 thing: Doxycycline Side Effects

general side-effects listed by ppl include anxiety, depression, chest pains, esophagus pain/burning, itching, cracked lips, headaches, blurry vision, dizziness...... etc
ther's lots of individual ones.......... i mean are u kidding me?

I THOUGHT i was taking an antibiotic, i alwys take antibiotics for sore throat

so could this be my problem? still the DOXY antibiotic? i been off of it for a week now.. i think

I LOVE MODERN MEDICINE ther's 266 pages of ppl experiancing side-effects

http://www.medications.com/index.php...ycline?&page=1
Old 12-19-2005, 05:26 PM   #4
Norb

Ohh i forgot rining in the ears.... reading the side-effects i thoghht all these ppl wre on paxil or another SSRI and not an antibiotic, wtf?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:26 PM   #5
Shellshock

Could be possible Norb.

Lets face it in w/d we are sensitive to all sorts and from what I have read here for some reason some of us cannot tolerate any kind of antibiotic, I know you haven't taken it for like a week, but like SSRI's it may still be lingering somewhere in your system.

I'm not medical at all, but hopefully you will get some further feedback from others Norb.

Good Luck, Shell

Old 12-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #6
Shellshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norb
Ohh i forgot rining in the ears.... reading the side-effects i thoghht all these ppl wre on paxil or another SSRI and not an antibiotic, wtf?
It could be that the antibiotic has enhanced the w/d symptoms Norb, who knows with this w/d crap eh, alsorts of weird and wonderful things happen..

Old 12-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #7
scotty
Administrator

Alot of the side effects of antibiotics are not widely known. This is a new one on me, but then again, who thought that antibiotics could cause massive anxiety!

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK
scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:05 PM   #8
MizzT
Banned

hey norb!
Any chance your back is out a bit?? Can you check it out with a chiropractor?
MizzT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:14 PM   #9
Norb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzB
hey norb!
Any chance your back is out a bit?? Can you check it out with a chiropractor?
yah thats quite possible, u been doing these back excercises and it seemed to have helped some for the back pain that was worse a week ago

this is how it works tho, i'm sooooo tired of spending $ to go to a doc's and get a pill for w/e and then i'm left with like all these side-effects it seems from an antibiotic..

ON the other hand

i'm soooooo tired of going to like the chinese acupuncture lady or the NMT/QT or like the chiropractor... and wondering if its gonna make a diff at all, b/c these are like the 'alternative' treatments wit no pill

and what it comes down to is if either one is worth it anymore, i could have bought me sooo many nice things....wow
Old 12-19-2005, 11:47 PM   #10
mach3939

Norb - what were you originally put on antidepressants for? Only you can decide weather it is worth the money put out or not and weather it is actually helping you or not.

Flu is going around? Ever had asthma? Ya got to quit googling! Almost every/any diagnosis will have the same basic symptoms. We are the type of people that take a list of symptoms and run with them. Some times I can read things and it not effect me, but at other times I have to stay away from to much information. Just lets my mind run away with me!

When you went to the Dr. with your original symptoms did he do a complete physical & blood work? If you haven't had one done in a while maybe that would help to lessen your stress over symptoms? Reasure you that you are OK?

I have a question on the antibiotics - It could be that the antibiotic has enhanced the w/d symptoms Norb, who knows with this w/d crap eh, alsorts of weird and wonderful things happen..

I am on a new antibiotic. Have done 10 days amoxicillin for sinus infection and now have 10 days of Levaquin (new? never heard of before, samples) Today is 3rd day and anxiety has been up last couple? Just not feeling well. Just worse than my new normal? Wondering if antibiotic is effecting me?

Hang in there
Debbie
Paxil 30mgs
July 8 till Aug 6th, 15mgs
Aug 7 till Sept 14, 10mgs
sept 15 till Nov 14, 5mgs
(Oct sinus infection 10 days antibiotics),
Nov 15 thru Now, 2.5mgs
(Dec sinsus infection 20 days antibiotics)
Last Paxil 1/10/06
(Feb Bronchitis & URI 7 days antibiotics and Inhalers)
(March Severe Sinus infection 5 weeks antibiotics & diflucan)
mach3939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:59 AM   #11
scotty
Administrator

LEVAQUIN is one the antibiotics that has a HUGE anxiety/suicidal side effect!!! Now it's making sense why you are feeling so bad!!! Not to freak you out, but Levaquin also has a psychotic side effect too.

MLK
Old 12-20-2005, 02:45 PM   #12
Norb

so its safe to say that there's no pill that can be safely used for any condition, at all?

except supplements @ correct doses, b/c sum ppl also respond differently to diff doses
Old 12-20-2005, 11:15 PM   #13
mach3939

Thanks Laurie, did make my heart skip a couple of beats but I will call tomorrow! Had a appt for thursday they called today and rescheduled for next Tuesday. Will not take it tomorrow. I fugured that since I changed attitude day 2, of it, on day 4 of 10, been pissy last couple of days it had something to do with it. But I do so want to get rid of this sinus infection. Just about have had it since end of Aug when hayfever season kicked in. Starting to wonder if it was withdrawal instead of Sinus Infection, but I do have new allergy test with all new stuff. So it is both Allergies and withdrawal. I think? Laurie what about singular and zyrtec? I have had this so long Dr is pulling out the big guns trying to get it cleared up!

Norb - so its safe to say that there's no pill that can be safely used for any condition, at all? except supplements @ correct doses, b/c sum ppl also respond differently to diff doses.

Norb with my allergies I have been on a lot of different meds. I really do believe that there are pills that "DO" help us. Look at how many people died of pnemonia before penisillin. Cant spell it tonight. Sinus meds, I have been on many have found that anything with a "D", like claratin D, I cant take makes anxiety go bonkers. Others I know have the same problem. Just have to go with the flow. And be careful! Supplements which I am just learning about can do the same from what I have read! You have to be aware! YOU! Listen to your body when you are taking meds. What I may have a problem with may not bother you at all. Like withdrawal all are selective.

Hang in there
Debbie
Paxil 30mgs
Nov 15 thru Now, 2.5mgs
Last Paxil 1/10/06
Old 12-21-2005, 02:56 PM   #14
scotty
Administrator

First they have to determine if it IS allergies or an infection. Zyrtec is usually pretty well tolerated. I would question using singulair and zyrtec together. If it's truly allergies, then find the ONE drug that helps. This is going to be alot of trial and error. What about an allergist instead of a GP??

MLK
Old 12-22-2005, 12:39 AM   #15
mach3939

I see Ear, nose, throat, for allergies. My GP is a air head. ENT gives me my allergy shots. Called today told girl that Levaquin was causing my anxiety to go bonkers, Dr called in new antibiotic prescription. No other questions. New one is Omnicef never been on this one before either?

I did not have a clue that there is a whole recall movement on the fluoroquinolone family of medicines!!!! Just like with Paxil. All kinds of long term stuff showing up and staying. I have been on Cipro more than once. This is the first time for Levaquin, wont make that mistake again will call pharmacist and put both on my do not give me list. With all those "D" things.

Had to change from astilin nasel spray to flonase cause you cant take astilin and zyrtec together. Claritin & Sudafed didn't touch it this time. He had told me to take the zyrtec and singular together, but I had not cause 1. My chest felt fine wasn't coughing at all(have had asthma with sickness) and 2. I didn't know that singular had been oked for allergic rithinis? My kids were on it for asthma. It is still here untouched. I just figured to many pills at one time.

I have only had a couple of weeks since about end of Aug symptom free. That was after 10 days of antibiotics in Oct/Nov. then son came home for thanksgiving with flu waited untill eyes and face hurt again went back to ENT and now I am here 20 days of antibiotics. Normally he does not give me antibiotics, changes pill or nasel spray and goes away. I do believe that withdrawal is complicating it.

Thanks for helping, I do feel better today without the Levaquin.

Norb - sorry for steeling your post! are you feeling better?

Debbie
Paxil 30mgs
Nov 15 thru Now, 2.5mgs
Last Paxil 1/10/06
Old 12-22-2005, 02:10 AM   #16
mach3939

I couldn't find anything on Omnicef but here is what I found on singular
from public citizen of course they want you to join to learn more but got this much

http://www.worstpills.org/results.cfm?drug_id=1026

montelukast (SINGULAIR); zafirlukast (ACCOLATE)
We list these drugs as Do Not Use drugs because they are less effective than other drugs and can cause blood vessel inflammation, liver disease, lupus and recurrences of ulcerative colitis.

My thyroid pills are listed as "do not use" too?

thyroid tablets USP (ARMOUR THYROID)
We list this drug as a Do Not Use drug because it is not adequately guaranteed to provide appropriate blood levels of thyroid hormone and reliable alternatives are available.
Thyroid Hormone
Variations in the amount of active levothyroxine available in a tablet can affect both the safety and effectiveness of the drug. Levothyroxine is unstable in the presence of light, temperature, air, and humidity. Patients who receive superpotent tablets (too much levothyroxine) experience chest pain, rapid heart rate, or heart rhythm disturbances. There is also evidence that overtreatment can cause the bone-weakening disease osteoporosis. Subpotent (too little levothyroxine) tablets will not be effective in controlling the symptoms of low thyroid hormone production (hypothyroid).

Debbie
Paxil 30mgs
Nov 15 thru Now, 2.5mgs
Last Paxil 1/10/06
Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 AM   #17
scotty
Administrator

I knew I had heard something about Singulair, but couldn't remember what it was!!! Cipro is know to cause spontaneous rupture of the Achilles tendons!!! Has to make you wonder what the heck is happening at the cellular level to have THAT happen!!!

MLK