our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 05-15-2006, 04:54 PM   #1
nopxl

Muscle Relaxers and Withdrawal - your thoughts?

Hello all,

Since beginning withdrawal in 12/05, I have had severe back pain, which is characterized by really tight muscles and pain in my muscles. I have tried magnesium, fish oil, breathing techniques, massage therapy, prayer - you name it. It is interesting in that it goes away while I am asleep and comes on gradually during the day. By the end of the day, I am in severe pain. Also, it seems to be linked to my activity level too - any stimulus (like just going to the store) and it hurts like crazy. Anyway, I just wanted to know if any of you have used muscle relaxers (not benzos) with any success and if so, which ones. My PCP recommended flexaril (sp?).
Started Paxil for panic in 12/03; 1/05 (failed d/c);
8/05 (went 3 months d/c after short taper and doc said I was relapsing); Started again in 11/05
Stopped CT on 12/21/05 (tachycardia); Started Ativan 1.5mg per day on 4/16/06; tapered off after 2 weeks use - severe depression, GI problems.

"Never, never, never, never, give up"
- Winston Churchill
nopxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
Amaya's Nana
An "A bucket" gal!

Re: Muscle Relaxers and Withdrawal - your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopxl
Hello all,

Since beginning withdrawal in 12/05, I have had severe back pain, which is characterized by really tight muscles and pain in my muscles. I have tried magnesium, fish oil, breathing techniques, massage therapy, prayer - you name it. It is interesting in that it goes away while I am asleep and comes on gradually during the day. By the end of the day, I am in severe pain. Also, it seems to be linked to my activity level too - any stimulus (like just going to the store) and it hurts like crazy. Anyway, I just wanted to know if any of you have used muscle relaxers (not benzos) with any success and if so, which ones. My PCP recommended flexaril (sp?).
Hi - I take Flexeril when my muscles really hurt. It doesn't seem to have a negative impact on my withdrawal (which is mainly the emotional parts of this hell....not the physical one's). It does help but it can make you really sleepy and it works better if there's a cumulative effect, i.e., you take it more than once a day for several days. But if your muscles are wadding up bad enough, it works. I'm sorry other things aren't helping at the present time. I'll pray for you

Lisa

a/k/a Lisa
PAXIL FREE AS OF 3/18/06! Fully recovered!

Focus your attention on the here and now. Recognize it for what it is: the one moment of the only life you will ever have that you truly possess. Rare is the individual who has come to completely accept that the past is no more than a memory and the future an assumption about unborn events.
Amaya's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
bethy

Hello, nopxl, Yes, I suffer from severe muscle pain too!! Does your neck ache too!! I have tried exercise! but that only seems to make it worse!! And your right, when you sleep it goes away, but next morning, LOOK-OUT!! Lots of people tell me it's stress, which is so true. No, I have not tried any muscle relaxers!!! I am afraid to add anything to my body anymore for fear of any withdrawing off something else !!!!!!!!
bethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
nopxl

Thanks JB and Bethy. Yes, my neck hurts too! Nothing seems to make it go away. My theory is that stopping Paxil CT really injured my CNS, which is still out of balance. So, now when I encounter stress, anxiety, fear, or just day to day things, my back, neck, shoulders and chest take the brunt of it all. By the end of the day, or during a stressful event, I am in severe pain. I thank God for the breaks that I do get. Thank you for the prayer bethy.
8/05 (went 3 months d/c after short taper and doc said I was relapsing); Started again in 11/05
Stopped CT on 12/21/05 (tachycardia); Started Ativan 1.5mg per day on 4/16/06; tapered off after 2 weeks use - severe depression, GI problems.

- Winston Churchill
Old 05-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #5
nopxl

I am sorry, thank you for the prayer JB!!! And thank you bethy for the reply.

- Winston Churchill