our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Spirit
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spirit Rejuvenate. Celebrate. Grow. You are the miracle and the creator in your experience. Freedom, is in YOU.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #226
Amaya's Nana
An "A bucket" gal!

Re: The 'Secret'

Diane -- this is so encouraging. I've not yet bought The Secret to watch as money has been astronomically tight for me. I've got the IRS hounding me like dogs, my son and daughter BOTH lost their jobs (and I co-signed for both of them on their vehicles). It seems like a never-ending pile of poo poo getting heaped on top of me. I'm about at my wits' end. Something inside of me keeps saying "change your thinking, change your speaking, etc." I thought I was really getting better at it but I don't see any results. I think its time I listened to The Secret!

a/k/a Lisa
PAXIL FREE AS OF 3/18/06! Fully recovered!

Focus your attention on the here and now. Recognize it for what it is: the one moment of the only life you will ever have that you truly possess. Rare is the individual who has come to completely accept that the past is no more than a memory and the future an assumption about unborn events.
Amaya's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #227
imokay
Sometimes ya just gotta
say F$%^ YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemom View Post
Some amazing ways this has been working for me:

#1 Money has been very tight and I was barely making ends meet. I was stressing about making a choice of getting another part time job because I didn't know what I would do with my daughter all summer, perhaps having to cancel my health insure which was costing me a fortune. About a month ago I get a call from a health insurance company offering a better package. I didn't end up going with that company but after talking to 4 companies I switched my plan and saved....$350/month, and it is MUCH better coverage than what I have now! I believe this all happend because I 'asked' for it.

#2 I got an above ground pool last summer and need to add a deck this summer. I have had the money set aside since last summer but didn't like either of the two estimates I got. So I put it off until this summer. I found out my neighbors were getting rid of their pool and I asked them if I could have their deck and they were thrilled to be able to get rid of it. They gave it to me for free and it is only 6 years old and in perfect shape! I found someone to take it apart in pieces and put it together at my house for $2600 less than a new one would have cost me! I believe this came my way because I 'asked' for it.

#3 My daughter and I would really LOVE a small vacation this summer but I told her we just really could not swing it this year. Well, with what I saved on the deck and things being easier since I am saving on my health insurance, I think we can afford to get away! I know this will happen because I 'asked' for it!

#4 I was planning my day this morning. One thing on my list was finding a UPS drop box and I was feeling some stress because I didn't have time to run across town, etc. When I was pulling out of my drive this morning there is a UPS truck coming down the street. I flagged him down, he said he could take my package! I asked him how it happened that he was on our little dead end street and he said he turned down the wrong street. I was floored. I believe that he turned down the wrong street because I 'asked' for it.

Amazing things are happening for me and I believe its because I am putting out positive thoughts. Instead of being angry and negative I change my thoughts and just know that it will all work out! And it definately is working!!!
WOW DIANE!!!! That is amazing!!

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure"

imokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #228
angels

Quote:
Some amazing ways this has been working for me:

#1 Money has been very tight and I was barely making ends meet. I was stressing about making a choice of getting another part time job because I didn't know what I would do with my daughter all summer, perhaps having to cancel my health insure which was costing me a fortune. About a month ago I get a call from a health insurance company offering a better package. I didn't end up going with that company but after talking to 4 companies I switched my plan and saved....$350/month, and it is MUCH better coverage than what I have now! I believe this all happend because I 'asked' for it.

#2 I got an above ground pool last summer and need to add a deck this summer. I have had the money set aside since last summer but didn't like either of the two estimates I got. So I put it off until this summer. I found out my neighbors were getting rid of their pool and I asked them if I could have their deck and they were thrilled to be able to get rid of it. They gave it to me for free and it is only 6 years old and in perfect shape! I found someone to take it apart in pieces and put it together at my house for $2600 less than a new one would have cost me! I believe this came my way because I 'asked' for it.

#3 My daughter and I would really LOVE a small vacation this summer but I told her we just really could not swing it this year. Well, with what I saved on the deck and things being easier since I am saving on my health insurance, I think we can afford to get away! I know this will happen because I 'asked' for it!

#4 I was planning my day this morning. One thing on my list was finding a UPS drop box and I was feeling some stress because I didn't have time to run across town, etc. When I was pulling out of my drive this morning there is a UPS truck coming down the street. I flagged him down, he said he could take my package! I asked him how it happened that he was on our little dead end street and he said he turned down the wrong street. I was floored. I believe that he turned down the wrong street because I 'asked' for it.

Amazing things are happening for me and I believe its because I am putting out positive thoughts. Instead of being angry and negative I change my thoughts and just know that it will all work out! And it definately is working!!!
yeah, baby!
You are definitely in the flow. The way you described it is how I have experienced it as well. A key seems to be relax and keep your eyes wide open so you won't miss what's coming your way.
Like...

the UPS truck

There is more than lies within those shiny brochures in the a pharma reps' trunk.Sometimes you have to look beyond the marketing machine to get the facts. Laurie Yorke
angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #229
Amaya's Nana
An "A bucket" gal!

I got The Secret yesterday. I started watching it this morning. I have had chill bumps the whole time I've been watching it. It is describing everything I've had on the inside of me but didn't know how to get it out. I am overwhelmed with emotion just watching it. Its like the key that's been missing.

Man becomes what he thinks about!! The Miracle Man in The Secret.

a/k/a Lisa

Focus your attention on the here and now. Recognize it for what it is: the one moment of the only life you will ever have that you truly possess. Rare is the individual who has come to completely accept that the past is no more than a memory and the future an assumption about unborn events.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #230
pax80

In which way can it help someone going through withdrawal?
2006-stopped paxil (1 year taper)
7 years free from drugs

Life is great!
pax80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #231
silence4now

Just letting your mind be open to positive thoughts could help the brain form new pathways that could lead to regeneration and healing. I'm sure there are studies that prove this and the Miracle Man is a perfect case in point.
silence4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #232
nicemom

Lisa~I am sooo glad you were as moved by it as I was. I have found it so helpful and even this morning I was amazed at something that has come my way yet again. So many positive things are taking place in my life just by changing my thoughts its hard for me to believe sometimes.

A big piece of it for me has been the gratitude! When I feel gratitude I can instantly feel a change in my whole body and soul. Things quiet down and feel softer.

Things don't happen overnight but once it starts, it perpetuates very quickly!!!! I watch it on a weekly basis and get more from it each time!
From 15mg-0 May/June 06 (before finding PP)
Protracted w/d from c/t.

First 10 mths up and down but tolerable.
Akathesia hit at 11 months. Many months of terrible mental and physical torture.
3/09 started Prozac but too stimulating. Currently on 15mg Lexapro and feeling so much better.

Not all who waunder are lost.
nicemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #233
Amaya's Nana
An "A bucket" gal!

Quote:
Lisa~I am sooo glad you were as moved by it as I was. I have found it so helpful and even this morning I was amazed at something that has come my way yet again. So many positive things are taking place in my life just by changing my thoughts its hard for me to believe sometimes.

A big piece of it for me has been the gratitude! When I feel gratitude I can instantly feel a change in my whole body and soul. Things quiet down and feel softer.

Things don't happen overnight but once it starts, it perpetuates very quickly!!!! I watch it on a weekly basis and get more from it each time!
I started the gratitude thing this morning as soon as I woke up. It was hard because my mind wanted to immediately go to negative stuff! I can't believe how much my mind dwells on the negative and its nothing more than a very bad habit. Until you start paying attention to what you're thinking, you just don't realize how bad your thoughts can really be. I'm pretty sure negativity (learned from my mother) is what perpetuated the panic disorder that I was treated for with Paxil for 9 years. I'm excited about the changes that I know are going to take place in my life.

a/k/a Lisa

Old 04-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #234
Ariella

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxisnt4ever View Post
In which way can it help someone going through withdrawal?
When you're reminded that your future is yours to create as the sum of now-moments, choices made in the moment that you're currently in, you will have discovered the only thing that will get you free of Paxil.

This very moment. Celebrate it, love it and be grateful you have already brought yourself to it.
10mg September 2000 / 5mg October 2000 / FREE November 2000
Intense Withdrawal symptoms well into 2001
Withdrawal symptoms freedom by 2002
Ariella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:45 AM   #235
blankets

I watched about half of it last night before I fell asleep. It makes a lot of sense. I've already started with the gratitude idea.. which has already made me feel better. Just looking at what you do have going for you, and then being grateful for all the little things in your life. It really opens you up..

1998-2006 Stops and starts because of intense w/d.
Final try - Spaced each tablet out over a period of days before stopping, ended up in a protracted withdrawal for around 14 months.
Paxil free April 8, 2006.
I'm pretty much normal again, minus some social problems I need to work on.
blankets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:23 AM   #236
Fleet86

My Grandmother (Grossmutter to me) taught us to count our blessings everyday. It's a wonderful idea. Seems she knew 'The Secret' too

Nicci x
Fleet86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:39 AM   #237
Cayte
Paxilprogress Artist!

Was she German??

OFF BENZOS !!!

LEARNING TO FLY..........
Cayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:10 AM   #238
Fleet86

She was Cayte. She was a devout Roman Catholic but quite a few of The Secret's ideas would fit with her philosophy: gratitude for all you have and an unswerving belief that she and her children would be given all that they needed. She and her children survived the Second World War despite being ferverantly anti-Nazi through her strength and beliefs.

Nicci x
Fleet86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #239
silence4now

There are some really interesting things out there on the internet to help you move to the next step.

100 day challenge
http://www.cocreatingourreality.com/practices.html

How to make a vision statement. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bis6fUSFxY
Old 04-22-2007, 06:15 AM   #240
imokay
Sometimes ya just gotta
say F$%^ YOU!

I am going to be taking a class to help put the secret into practice. The class is on May 1st and I cant wait!!

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure"

imokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #241
caira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaya's Nana View Post
I've not yet bought The Secret to watch as money has been astronomically tight for me.
Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood library person!

Don't let money keep you from READING -- or even watching some things.

I have borrowed both books and DVDs (more likely to get them than videos since they can't be damaged by magnets) through interlibrary loan when my local library or work doesn't have them.

You can find out which books are available where by using WorldCat. Then you can take this info to your library to help speed the process along.

Happy Reading/Viewing!

http://www.worldcat.org
caira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #242
silence4now

The Library is awesome. They've even bought books at my request, if they couldn't get them through loan.

I just decided I wanted to own the book "The Science of Getting Rich" 'cause there's so much great stuff in here that I want to read over and over again. In case it hasn't been discussed yet, this is the secret behind The Secret. I think it's pretty amazing that Wallace Wattles figured this stuff out in 1900 and yet it has practically been a secret until now.

For some of you who can't get beyond the superficial aspect of how The Secret almost pushes self gratification, this book goes very deep into how and why it has to work for the good of everything. I love what he says about competition.
Quote:
You must get rid of the thought of competition. You are to create, not to compete for what is already created. You do not have to take anything away from anyone. You do not have to drive sharp bagains. you do not have to cheat or take advantage. You do not need to let any man work for you for less than he earns. You do not have to covet the property of others or to look at it with wishful eyes. No one has anything of which you cannot have the same. And, you can have it without taking what he has away from him. You are to become a creator, not a competitor....Riches secured on the competitive plane are never satisfactory and permanent.
The Secret was a great beginning, but I still have many unanswered questions, like why some are wealthy despite the fact that they are wretched people. This book is helping to answer those questions.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #243
nicemom

I still have to say that The Secret has lifted me up in days when everything just seems a little too much to handle. I can't even count how many times I have watched it and each time I get something new from it.

It can't always bring me competely out of a bad place, but sometimes its just enough to give me the hope I was looking for. I hope its continuing to help others too!
Protracted w/d from c/t.

Akathesia hit at 11 months. Many months of terrible mental and physical torture.
3/09 started Prozac but too stimulating. Currently on 15mg Lexapro and feeling so much better.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #244
Amaya's Nana
An "A bucket" gal!

Quote:
I still have to say that The Secret has lifted me up in days when everything just seems a little too much to handle. I can't even count how many times I have watched it and each time I get something new from it.

It can't always bring me competely out of a bad place, but sometimes its just enough to give me the hope I was looking for. I hope its continuing to help others too!

Diane - I listen to The Secret mediation tape every single night and have for over four months now. It is how I get to sleep at night. Hearing that in my ears over and over and over and over is bound to change the negative thought loops. I'm convinced that it is helping me change the way I think, along with some other things I'm doing.......like sitting every Sunday in Lakewood Church under the teaching of Joel Osteen who has to be one of the most positive preachers I've ever heard.

a/k/a Lisa

Old 07-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #245
nicemom

You know how I love Joel Osteen and I am soooo jealous you get to go to Lakewood Church every Sunday. I can only imagine the positive ways it affects your life!

I too work constantly on the negative thought loops. They are 100 times better than they used to be and I love how I can turn it around so quickly now. I catch them when they happen almost immediately. Once you learn it, it can only improve things and we will have that skill forever!
Protracted w/d from c/t.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #246
katyajini

guys,

what is the secret meditation tape? what are negative thought loops? I think i need to get into this. for a few months now i could not look at a computer or tv screen but now i can for short periods. i want to try. please enlighten me.

k.
katyajini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 AM   #247
nicemom

K~Negative thought loops are the self defeating thoughts we tell ourselves. Many times we have done this since we were just little and didn't even know it. Things like 'I can't do that' 'It will never happen for me' ' Nothing ever goes right' 'Why try' 'It will never get better' 'I'm no good at that' 'I never do anything right' 'I always say the wrong thing'. If you can recognize these destructive thoughts when they happen you can stop them and turn them around into something positive like 'I get better and better every day' 'I can do this' 'I am strong or I am stronger than I think' 'I am a loving, caring person and I like that about myself' 'I am grateful for ________'.

Replacing the negative thoughts with positive thoughts will not only help you feel better but the whole concept of The Secret is to bring into your life what you want and need by BELIEVING that you have it and visualizing it. The universe will supernaturally align things in your favor.

The Secret comes in book form which you can get at the library or book store. It has been on the best seller list for many months. It comes as a DVD so you can watch it and there is a meditation CD. Google it to find out where to buy it online and for more information.

I don't know of anyone who has read, watched or listened to it that didn't feel more positive!
Protracted w/d from c/t.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #248
nicemom

Old 10-30-2007, 10:21 AM   #249
Ariella

Examples of manifestation:

When I moved to the states, I felt very disempowered. I couldn't work, was living with family I didn't know very well, etc. While in that frame of mind, I began equating personal success with job and money.

That focus created a job that paid well, and worked me to the bone. I ate, breathed and slept my job. I had money and a job title, but was still disempowered.

In that disempowered state, I became petty and judgmental. I made fun of people, complained about the right/wrong way to do things in my profession, and on and on. I attracted a circle of friends who ALL did the same thing.

I eventually noticed who I had become, and decided to move away from that persona. I stopped worrying about rights and wrongs, stopped worrying about who was being who, and talked MUCH LESS as to not feed any additional energy into that momentum. The circle of bickering friends I had, disappeared. Some even attacked me for changing.

Then I began focusing on how I was an adequate human being without that kind of job. I became grateful for the job that I had, grateful that I was taking away my focus on job=self identity, and focused only on feeling more relaxed and happy without external validation. I then worked less and less at focusing on earning the approval and respect of my peers. Being whole without working towards getting others to tell me/make me whole, produced a miracle:

A week later, a recruiter called me offering a new job. The universe was listening and conspired to put all the million bits of probability in order for me to create exactly what I was focusing on. This new job paid less but offered a very peaceful atmosphere allowing plenty of mind-share space to just be whole unto myself. The initial conversations were fun. The interview was fun. And the job itself was fun.

Your focus creates your reality. If you realize it or not, it is still happening, so commit to growing your awareness of how you're putting yourself right where you stand in every moment.
10mg September 2000 / 5mg October 2000 / FREE November 2000
Intense Withdrawal symptoms well into 2001
Withdrawal symptoms freedom by 2002
Ariella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #250
Amaya's Nana
An "A bucket" gal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcyb View Post

Your focus creates your reality. If you realize it or not, it is still happening, so commit to growing your awareness of how you're putting yourself right where you stand in every moment.
Ahhhhhh...............so true!!!!!!!

a/k/a Lisa