our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-06-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
Petrucci
Banned

Head Pressure/Congested Feeling/Water Head

Has anybody here suffered or is suffering from intense head congestion and pressure that your head feels like its filled up with water and the water cant get out? and you get mental confusion because of it? i am 2 months off AD's and my head feels so stuffed up and congested and i feel an intense pressure like i have a head cold or head sinus, it kind of feels like someone put water in it and sealed up my head and the water can't escape and the only way for me to have any clarity and relief in my head and mind is to put a hole in my head and drain the water out. this is causing me extreme confusion and slurred speech and balance problems i feel very disoriented and walk all wobbly because of this head congestion/pressure. i was on AD's for 15 years and i was last on 60mg of paxil and 75mg of effexor combined. total madness of this criminal psychiatrist who did this to me.

have any of you gone through this or have this during your withdrawal phase?
does it go away? if so how long do you think it will take? i fear that my head will be like this forever. i'm scared.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
heyK

Re: Head Pressure/Congested Feeling/Water Head

Petrucci, I wouldn't describe mine as a congested feeling, but I do have chronic head pressure. I also have brain fog, but I've never associated the two with each other. I've heard plenty of accounts of these symptoms from people in SSRI withdrawal (and read about it in benzodiazepine withdrawal, for whatever that's worth). So, know that it's withdrawal. I wish I could tell you when yours will go away, but by all accounts it will eventually.
11/19/05 - Finally off again.
heyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #3
Petrucci
Banned

Hi heyK can you explain to me how your head pressure feels, give me some descriptions, i want to see if its similar to mine. you went 1 year off of antidepressants and still had withdrawal with no relief in symptoms?? thats incredible.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
Johnnny off Paxil

Yup.... add to that tinnitus, weird dizziness as if your head is in a fish bowl, and my left ear was so bad that it felt like I had swimmers ear. that lasted for almost 3 weeks..it was bad..thank God is gone. Great stuff this Paxil

Regards, Johnny
Johnnny off Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #5
heyK

Mine is a tightness in my head, mainly on the top of my head and in the center. Sometimes the pain kind of bounces around, like sloshing water.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:52 AM   #6
Buxy`s Back

i have had the sinus pressure for 30 mnths now,i wake in a morning feeling fully blocked and find it hard to breathe too,my right ear has felt full of water the whole time too,it feels like if i could open up my head and scrape lots of soggy **** out of it i would feel better.

September 2009, not in severe hell just moderate hell, still recovering Joanne.

LITTLE EVIL MEN HIDE BEHIND BIG COMPANY NAMES................QUOTE BY......MOI
Buxy`s Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:15 AM   #7
LinLou

Yes. I am 14 months off and feel what you describe. It feels like my brain is moving around in my head. The pressure is unbelievable. I used to have to hoold my head all the time to keep my brain still.

Prior to withdrawal, I never had a headache in my life.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #8
Chrysalis

Petrucci, you might want to try a sinus rinse. I have nasal allergies, sinusitis and fluid that collects in my ears when I lay on one side for a while, and the sinus rinse really helps.

I'm using the NeilMed sinus rinse bottle, which we were recently discussing on another thread. I think it was called Help for Raging Nasal Allergies (or something close to that), perhaps in the Health Challenges forum.

Margaret
Slow taper with last dose on 8/18/07
Toprol XL 25 mg daily for cardiac arrhythmia
Trazodone, 25 mg, tapered, last dose on 12/12/07
Tart cherry, Magnesium Citrate, Salmon oil,
Glucosamine and MSM, Multivitamin w/iron
Zinc (23 mg) & Echinacea lozenge - 1 daily
Activia yogurt
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
heyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWGMLB View Post
I used to have to hoold my head all the time to keep my brain still.
Funny you should mention this, Linda. When I'm sitting, I have to rest my head on my hand or rest my head against something to keep the pressure from "moving" around. When did you stop having to do this?
Old 04-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #10
LinLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyK View Post
Funny you should mention this, Linda. When I'm sitting, I have to rest my head on my hand or rest my head against something to keep the pressure from "moving" around. When did you stop having to do this?
I think it got better around 10-12 months off.