our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 05-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
AllenEV

ok to stop taking after 2-3 weeks?

ive been on an altern paxil something tine like proxatine or something

anyways ive been taking it for about 2 maybe 3 weeks and i dont like it, it makes me feel tired all day and i would honestly rather get through the depression/anxiety myself and after hearing and reading about all these stories i dont want to be on it period

is it ok to just stop taking it?
AllenEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
RedMed

Re: ok to stop taking after 2-3 weeks?

what doseage are you at? If it is small, you probably can just stop or do a really short wean like over a week-- and be okay. Others here that no more than me will chime in.
May 21, 2006: PAXIL FREE
June 1, 2007: Resumed Paxil CR 25mg after bout with anixety (probably just withdrawal though)
November 1, 2008: Paxil free
September 2009: Started Lexapro
October 2010: Upped doseage to 10mg
November 2010: Began to taper
February 2010: off Lexapro
July 2010: feeling awful
RedMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #3
Johnnny off Paxil

I think its fine..it really hasn't had any time to "boot up" so....I would drop it. There might be some side effects for a few weeks or months afterwards..so don't be surprised if something like withdrawal hits you.

Take care of yourself..vitamins, exercise,drink lots of water, maybe try meditation or acupuncture.

I'd say if you were on it for more than a month.. you'd need to wean for about 2 weeks.

Regards, Johnny
Johnnny off Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
rdjanis
"has a lavender scented keyboard"

Assuming you are on a common starting dose of 20 mg, after only a few weeks I would drop it. You may get withdrawal symptoms but they will be short lived.

These medications should be used as last resort, paxil and effexor are the worse of all these medications. You have made a wise choice.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
AllenEV

also im not a huge health nut but i decided to take that route, ive never been a vitamin person or anything but what should i take?

im tired of sitting at my house i never have any energy and i assume its from lack of exercise/vitimins etc

ive been walking everyday im getting a weight set and im wondering what all kinds of vitimins and stuff should i get?
AllenEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
Johnnny off Paxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenEV View Post
also im not a huge health nut but i decided to take that route, ive never been a vitamin person or anything but what should i take?

im tired of sitting at my house i never have any energy and i assume its from lack of exercise/vitimins etc

ive been walking everyday im getting a weight set and im wondering what all kinds of vitimins and stuff should i get?

Ok..the main thing about exercise is that its "regular"..start small..say one mile..and do that for a month( walking)..then increase that to 1.5 etc

As for depression anxiety.. start by getting your vitamins from a reputable health food store..don't get "Spectrum" or junk like that.. you might as well buy candy..get the real thing.

As I was saying for depression and anxiety...Fish Oil.. 4,000 mg per day
A complete B complex 100mg per day
Vitamins a, e,
A multi mineral..Magnesium Citrate and Calcium Citrate + D
Vitamin C Chelated + Potassium 1,000 mg
When the fresh local berries or fruit arrives this spring and summer..get as much as you can..the dark fruits..blueberries, blackberries,cherries are all very high in antioxidants
Meditation
Acupuncture...its not for everyone and is dependent upon the quality of the acupuncturist as well.

Stay away from alcohol, caffeine and any stimulants.
Eat healthy whole foods , stay away from manufactured carbohydrates
Avoid fast food
High fiber diet..like slow oats

Etc.. this should help...done over a sustained period of time....it will yield results.

Regards, Johnny
Johnnny off Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote