our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Methods of Wellbeing
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Methods of Wellbeing A discussion on how you're managing your state of health (herbs, vitamins, acupuncture, chiropractic etc.) NO LINKING TO COMMERCIAL SITES PLEASE. Paxilprogress does not investigate nor endorse any supplement program.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 06-14-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
Mom

phosphatidylserine - how much to take?

I wanted to try the phosphatidylserine for anxiety, and wanted to see how much other people started with (dosage)? I had it in a cream, adrenal calm, which helped so much with anxiety, but I have a bad rash from something in the cream. It's main ingredient is the phosphatidylserine, so I am going to try that instead. Thanks for your inputs. Mom
Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:46 AM   #2
texgirl
Regina Benzodictius

Re: phosphatidylserine - how much to take?

Type in "phosphatidylserine" in the search box. (I'd never heard of it, so that's what I did.) There are quite a few threads that mention this, mostly in the Methods of Wellbeing section.

Face. Accept. Float. Let Time Pass. — Dr. Claire Weekes

We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same. — Carlos Castañeda
texgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
Amaya's Nana
An "A bucket" gal!

Just so you know, sometimes what we put on our bodies in cream form works better than in pill form. Pill form has to metabolize through our liver. The cream stuff doesn't. I cannot take any kind of hormone replacement therapy orally. It doesn't work and it makes me sick. It has to be in a cream or patch I put on my skin.

a/k/a Lisa
PAXIL FREE AS OF 3/18/06! Fully recovered!

Focus your attention on the here and now. Recognize it for what it is: the one moment of the only life you will ever have that you truly possess. Rare is the individual who has come to completely accept that the past is no more than a memory and the future an assumption about unborn events.
Amaya's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
Mom

Yes, I heard the creams absorb well into your system. I want to try to get back on it, but I need this rash to be gone before I try it again, that way I know if it is the cream or not. some people have talked about having rashes just from the withdrawal itself - do you know how long these last? That may be a possibility, too. The rash could just be part of my symptoms - although I am in the 12t month of withdrawal, so that seems late to me? Kathy
Old 06-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
texgirl
Regina Benzodictius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom View Post
The rash could just be part of my symptoms - although I am in the 12t month of withdrawal, so that seems late to me?
Not really, we've seen pretty much everything here! If it's weird and there seems to be no logical reason for it, it's probably the Paxil.

Face. Accept. Float. Let Time Pass. — Dr. Claire Weekes

We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same. — Carlos Castañeda
texgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #6
Amaya's Nana
An "A bucket" gal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texgirl View Post
If it's weird and there seems to be no logical reason for it, it's probably the Paxil.

Yeah, what Texgirl said!!! Is the rash only where you put the cream? If its only where you put the cream, then its the cream. If you have a rash all over your body, its probably NOT the cream.

a/k/a Lisa
PAXIL FREE AS OF 3/18/06! Fully recovered!

Focus your attention on the here and now. Recognize it for what it is: the one moment of the only life you will ever have that you truly possess. Rare is the individual who has come to completely accept that the past is no more than a memory and the future an assumption about unborn events.
Amaya's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #7
TryingtoGetWell

Although a person can be sensitive to anything, some ingredients can be more allergenic than others.

The advice that if the rash is only where you put the cream then it's the cream, and if it's all over then it's the paxil (or something else you got in your entire system like a food allergy or something) is right on.

But if it's only where you put the cream it's either the PS or another ingredient in the cream, in which case another brand or even PS compounded into a bland base might be better.

I think you're right to wait til the rash goes away before trying the cream (or another brand) again.

What are the other ingredients in the cream?
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
5/17/06 - 5 mg (none 5/20)
5/21-24/06 - 2.5 mg (5/22 - none)
5/25/06 - d/c’d paroxetine
Felt better than in years, then gradual WD symptoms
6/17/06 - Bolted awake in blind terror, started E-ticket ride to hell
2010 - Leaving hell for balmier climate!
(Still on my pre-paxil 0.5 mg clonazepam)
TryingtoGetWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #8
Mom

The rash is actually NOT where I put the cream - the other ingredients are lots and lots of herbs, the main one is valerian root. I really have no idea what the rash is from, but I am using hydrocortizone cream for it. I am wary this may raise my cortisol level even higher, but I want the rash gone so I can move on in trying things for my anxiety. I am taking Ativan now, and I don't want to take that very long. I wonder if there is someone who has tried the phosphatidylserine - hopefully we'll hear if this worked for someone and how much they took.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #9
TryingtoGetWell

I'm not aware of phosphatidylserine being used for anxiety actually -- it's usually recommended to improve cognition.

Is it possible that it's the valerian in it that helped your anxiety? Ironically, valerian is known to cause allergic reactions in some people.
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
5/17/06 - 5 mg (none 5/20)
5/21-24/06 - 2.5 mg (5/22 - none)
5/25/06 - d/c’d paroxetine
Felt better than in years, then gradual WD symptoms
6/17/06 - Bolted awake in blind terror, started E-ticket ride to hell
2010 - Leaving hell for balmier climate!
(Still on my pre-paxil 0.5 mg clonazepam)
TryingtoGetWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #10
Songbird
Queen of the appendage vocabulary

I am a big fan of valerian, it works wonderfully for me. Calms anxiety and irritability, helps me get to sleep when I'm having trouble. I use tablets or liquid though (orally), not a cream. I know it doesn't work for everyone though.
Jan 07-Feb 08 20mg > 5mg Apr 4.5mg 5mg Jun 10mg Jul 20mg Oct Loxamine Dec 17.5mg 15mg
Jan 12.5mg > Dec 6.3mg
2010 Aug 6.15mg Nov 6 mg
2011 Feb 5.9mg > Dec 5.3mg
2012 19 Feb 5.2mg 14 Oct 5.1mg 6 Dec 5mg
2013 25 Jan 4.9mg 4 Jul 4.8mg 29 Aug 4.7mg 8 Oct 4.6mg 24 Nov 4.5mg 15 Dec 4.4mg
2014 18 Jan 4.3mg 31 Mar 4.2mg 12 May 4.1mg 7 Jun 4.0mg 26 Jul 3.9mg 5 Sep 3.8mg 4 Oct 3.7mg
Songbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:30 AM   #11
silence4now

I took 100 mg only once a day. I think the recommended dose was 3X a day, but I never go by that. Advise not taking it after Noon at first. It only worked about 3 months for me, but could be because my brain was in a transition.
silence4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #14
silence4now

PS did help my anxiety as well as cognition and energy. I had no adverse reactions except some muscle twitching. But I do recall that Hope or someone else tried it and had an adverse reaction to it - insomnia or something like that. It probably can be stimulating to some people, and should never be taken in the afternoon or evening.

I took it for a short while during my first year of withdrawal and several times since then. It loses its effectiveness after a while.

Also it's the kind of supplement that you will find a lot of variance in quality from brand to brand. Some of the most expensive brands are not necessarily the best. I believe that consumerlabs.com has evaluated several brands.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:24 AM   #16
sunexomega

hey songbird. how much valerian do you take? each time? I just got a liquid I want to try out.
sunexomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #18
Songbird
Queen of the appendage vocabulary

Valerian - I take 250mg (if its mild) or 500mg (if its worse). Maximum dose per day is 2000mg but I have never taken this much. I think you are more likely to have side effects at high doses, but on the doses I use I've never had any side effects. The liquid should be standardised to a certain dose per ml, e.g. 500mg per ml, so you can work out your dose. It does tend to taste pretty horrible. I use a 1ml dropper and squirt it into half a glass of water. The advantage of the liquid is it works more quickly than the tablets. (Sorry, this thread was for phosphatidylserine, not valerian, I just wanted to answer sun's question).
Jan 07-Feb 08 20mg > 5mg Apr 4.5mg 5mg Jun 10mg Jul 20mg Oct Loxamine Dec 17.5mg 15mg
Jan 12.5mg > Dec 6.3mg
2010 Aug 6.15mg Nov 6 mg
2011 Feb 5.9mg > Dec 5.3mg
2012 19 Feb 5.2mg 14 Oct 5.1mg 6 Dec 5mg
2013 25 Jan 4.9mg 4 Jul 4.8mg 29 Aug 4.7mg 8 Oct 4.6mg 24 Nov 4.5mg 15 Dec 4.4mg
2014 18 Jan 4.3mg 31 Mar 4.2mg 12 May 4.1mg 7 Jun 4.0mg 26 Jul 3.9mg 5 Sep 3.8mg 4 Oct 3.7mg
Songbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:59 AM   #19
silence4now

Quote:
Originally Posted by altostrata View Post
I took 100mg phosphatidylserine yesterday at 8 am (with fish oil) and 3 pm, and got some sleep last night.

I got drowsy in the afternoon. It does seem to be relaxing, maybe too much in the daytime when I have to work!

Silence, why are you recommending not taking it after noon at first? What kind of reaction did you get? It seems to me that taking it in the evening is the way to go, to promote sleep.
I took it in the afternoon a few times and couldn't sleep. I guess that's just my sensitivity.....Everything is stimulating to me, even fish oil. But PS does tend to have a let down effect when it starts to wear off, so you may try your second dose with lunch. Have you had your thyroid checked? I'm going to post some important info on thyroid in another thread.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #23
Mom

Altostratus - Just wondering how is the Serophos working for you still? Do you take it every night? I bought some and may try it. Kathy (mom)