our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 09-26-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
Blue

When will the roaring in my head stop?

That seems to be the only symptom Im having now, that roaring, especially noticeable at night when I want to sleep. It is so annoying, stopping and starting over and over again. It is paxil related because as I mentioned before, it started with the very first pill. The doctor didn't believe paxil would make that happen. But Im not crazy. Well, maybe a little.

Still take Ativan to sleep two or three nights a week. The other nights I just suffer through and nap and wake, nap and wake. Lots of time spent thinking too much in the dark trying to get to sleep. I love the Ativan nights. I get a good sleep and feel much better in the daytime. Maybe someday I won't need them to sleep through.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
TryingtoGetWell

Re: When will the roaring in my head stop?

Hi, Blue - I'm glad to hear that's the only symptom you're having now.

I'm not clear whether the roaring noise is from the paxil or the ativan; I think both meds can cause tinnitus, if that's what you have.

If it's from the paxil and you're no longer taking paxil, it will go away. I wish I knew when, but those things can vary from person to person. I have a hissing in my ears that comes and goes (but lasts for days at a time), but I don't really know if it's from paxil w/d or from the clonazepam I take (clonazepam is in the same drug family as ativan).

Some paxil symptoms go away much sooner than others, so you might just need to give it more time.
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
5/17/06 - 5 mg (none 5/20)
5/21-24/06 - 2.5 mg (5/22 - none)
5/25/06 - d/cd paroxetine
Felt better than in years, then gradual WD symptoms
6/17/06 - Bolted awake in blind terror, started E-ticket ride to hell
2010 - Leaving hell for balmier climate!
(Still on my pre-paxil 0.5 mg clonazepam)
TryingtoGetWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Blue

I start thinking that there is something there besides a brain. If I jerk my head fast the sound changes or stops for a few seconds but then comes back. Actually there are two, one lower sounding than the other.

Guess I will just have to wait it out. When I was tapering I thought someone had the bass on their stereo on in the night too loud. It was night after night and I was going to complain but then realized it was in my own head. Glad I didn't call the landlord.

This all sounds crazy to have noises inside my head. I start thinking, tumor. aneurysm, etc.
Just being paranoid. Hopefully it will stop sooner than later.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:18 PM   #4
pax80

Hi. I started experiencing this yesterday for the very first time. Is it getting better for you?
This sucks.
2006-stopped paxil (1 year taper)
7 years free from drugs

Life is great!
pax80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
Johnnny off Paxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
That seems to be the only symptom Im having now, that roaring, especially noticeable at night when I want to sleep. It is so annoying, stopping and starting over and over again. It is paxil related because as I mentioned before, it started with the very first pill. The doctor didn't believe paxil would make that happen. But Im not crazy. Well, maybe a little.

Still take Ativan to sleep two or three nights a week. The other nights I just suffer through and nap and wake, nap and wake. Lots of time spent thinking too much in the dark trying to get to sleep. I love the Ativan nights. I get a good sleep and feel much better in the daytime. Maybe someday I won't need them to sleep through.

Unfortunately this is also part of the withdrawal package..the best thin got do is to ride it out, if it gets uncomfortable then resort to prayer or meditation and try to keep the stimulus down, don't watch TV, keep the lights down or off in the house, keep quiet and if you can get some Nature walks in to help sooth you mind...... it will pass.

Regards, Johnny
Johnnny off Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote