our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 08-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
Shane24

What causes weird thoughts in w/d

i HAVE THE CRAZIEST THOUGHTS LATELY, FROM WORRYING ABOUT GETTING OLD AND LOSING MY LOOKS, TO GETTING GRAY HAIR ONE DAY, TO WORRYING THAT MY EYES ARE GOING TO GET SO BAD THAT I CAN'T READ!! TO FEARING BEING ALL ALONE ONE DAY!!! I AM AUTISTIC MILDLY SO I'VE ALWAYS KINDA WORRIED ABOUT THINGS IRRATINALLY BUT MAN IT HAS BEEN A BILLION TIMES WORSE, DES ANYONE KNOW WHY YOU HAVE THESE HORRIBLE WEIRD AND DEPRESSING THOUGHTS AND WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR BRAIN TO CAUSE THIS HELL!

P.S sorry i left my caps lock on, woops!! lol
Shane24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
Mixter

Re: What causes weird thoughts in w/d

Me too, 1000 times worse of the initial "not-so-bad thoughts", it is feeling like a joke all this, how it can do things alot worse, I sometimes cant stop this thoughts, and rarely have full control, because if I think I can control it it will play with me again. Just give it some time. Already noticed less stronger effects, maybe a 20 % improvement since my CT and reinstatement. It is so hard to control with huge anxiety in CT but easier now when I reinstated.

Ct benzos,Lyrica and Remeron -06/07
Ct taper Effexor 300-75mg summer -08
Ct 8 yr tobacco habit.
Reinstated too late 3 mos out.
Was upto 450 mg Effexor (equiv 120 mg Celexa).

Switched to Celexa 20mg at 23 nov 2012 because cant stand being on Effexor XR.

Diagnosed with Lyme (had it since 6 yrs old - 1987)
Treatment ongoing

Went back to 20 mg 1st June 2013.
Still too sick - Lyme. Seroquel 100 mg,
Depression is nearly gone, sleep good.
Mixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
maui

I get this too sometimes too, although it was much worse...It still haunts me...
I believe it has stopped working..Panic attacks are setting in....and all the other torture....
May 2012-Celexa 15mg
maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
guitar77

I have the exact same thoughts and they scare me pretty bad. But I think it all stems from the way our brains and bodies are wired in order to survive. We are designed to be more sensitive to danger and fear.

Since these drugs affect the brain's ability to create calm and happy signals, plus it's already wired to deal more strongly with negative or scary things, it causes us to be more aware of, and dwell on, our fears and things that affect our survival.

Indirectly in some manner, this causes us to have these weird and scary thoughts.

Unfortunately for us, we are fighting our own nature to not think these things and in this way; but this is what we need to do to get better.

G77
:guitar:

Last edited by guitar77 : 08-30-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling
guitar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
Songbird
Queen of the appendage vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixter View Post
if I think I can control it it will play with me again.
I think you're right, Mixter, trying to control them or fight them tends to make them stronger. We have to learn somehow to accept them and not give them too much importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar77 View Post
I have the exact same thoughts and they scare me pretty bad. But I think it all stems from the way our brains and bodies are wired in order to survive. We are designed to be more sensitive to danger and fear.

Since these drugs affect the brain's ability to create calm and happy signals, plus it's already wired to deal more strongly with negative or scary things, it causes us to be more aware of, and dwell on, our fears and things that affect our survival.

Indirectly in some manner, this causes us to have these weird and scary thoughts.

Unfortunately for us, we are fighting our own nature to not think these things and in this way; but this is what we need to do to get better.
I think that is a great explanation!!!
Jan 07-Feb 08 20mg > 5mg Apr 4.5mg 5mg Jun 10mg Jul 20mg Oct Loxamine Dec 17.5mg 15mg
Jan 12.5mg > Dec 6.3mg
2010 Aug 6.15mg Nov 6 mg
2011 Feb 5.9mg Apr 5.8mg May 5.7mg Jun 5.6mg Sep 5.5mg Nov 5.4mg Dec 5.3mg
2012 19 Feb 5.2mg 14 Oct 5.1mg 6 Dec 5mg
2013 25 Jan 4.9mg 4 Jul 4.8mg 29 Aug 4.7mg 8 Oct 4.6mg 24 Nov 4.5mg 15 Dec 4.4mg
2014 18 Jan 4.3mg 31 Mar 4.2mg 12 May 4.1mg 7 Jun 4.0mg 26 Jul 3.9mg 5 Sep 3.8mg
Songbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:22 AM   #6
Shane24

I agree with that as well, as hard as it is to think them, and it of course being uncontrollable. It is probably good to just FACE OUR FEARS!! Thanks guys
Shane24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 AM   #7
Jess_Reyna

Hey Shane. I know how awful it is to have the scary thoughts. I go through this too. For me it is the scary thoughts about my health. It can be really difficult to control these thoughts, but I usually just repeat to myself "thoughts, only thoughts" and then I start to remember the last time I was feeling like this and how I got through it. I tell myself I felt like this before and I will get over it again.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:02 AM   #8
wallflower2009

I get this too. When I c/t it was 24/7 for about 4 months. On top of everything else. Looking back now I do not not know how i survived - I DO NOT recommend it!!!!!!! It is the wierdest experience and unless you've experienced w/d you can't really understand. I also thought Guitar 77 explained it well. It is like hyper-vigilance. Both chemically induced and then it becomes psyhcological too as anybody experiencing the intensity of thoughts would be a bit scared of them. I'm practicing mindfulness about the moment which trains you to see thoughts as thoughts and not as reality. It does help, although i'm still in the midst of w/d (and the thoughts will diminish as my central nervous sorts itself out) I believe one day this practice will help me to not let my thoughts bring me down. So, Shane things will improve for you. I guess patience, acceptance and time is the key. But just know from these posts you are definately not alone!
WF
-2000 - 2002 roughly stayed between 30-25 mg
-2002 -onwards - started withdrawing myself slowly
-2007 - 2008 - got down to 12mg
6 December - cold turkey....
January 2009 -June 2010 st johns wort

3 years off - Things are definately looking up

Supplements - fish oil, muti-vits
wallflower2009 is offline   Reply With Quote