our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 08-13-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
jpvp

been on medications for 10+ years

I just joined this messageboard tonight so will introduce myself

For the last 10 years or longer i have been on just about every anti-depressants and benzodiazapines there are, last october i finally stopped the last drug i was taking (lexapro) whilst the benzos were stopped a year or two prior (both via slow reductions)

i am still suffering anxiety at times for no apparent reason and severe panic attacks, today was the worst for a long time, i just couldnt do anything or even eat and was throwing up all the time.

I cant believe it could still be affecting me to this day, how long does it take to recover fully?

How do i know what is the medication withdrawals and what is just me? - i had some panic attacks which is why i began the medications (paxil) in 1999
but have since had everything else known to man labeled to me, usually when i was changing a drug

i'll write more soon but i must go as i am exhausted trying to get thorugh this

jpvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
LCrawford67
"Freakishly Optimistic"

Re: been on medications for 10+ years

Welcome!

Being on multiple medications, for such a long time, plays a very large role in how you're feeling. Benzo w/d is never easy, even with the slowest of reductions; let alone stopping two of them.

How did you stop Lexapro? I'm giong to assume it was fairly abruptly and would also explain why you're feeling the way you are.

Knowing what is what, is very difficult. Yes, is you suffered from anxiety and panic attacks before medication, they'll still be with you after medication. Unless, you're getting therapy to deal with them, which I would recommend you start doing, regardless of what's causing them now. There are many good books, CDs, etc. out there too, that can teach you coping skills. That being said, withdrawal will also exacerbate whatever brought you to medication in the first place.

The labeling, when switching drugs, is very common. Obviously, something you recognize, so don't get hung up on that. You know what's causing you to feel this way and you know the original reason you started medication. All the other labels are drug side effects/withdrawal labels and don't mean a thing. That's a load of crap.

I don't know how you stopped all the other drugs over the years, but at just over a year out from all benzos and under a year for the Lexapro, this isn't surprising at all. No one can tell you how long it will last, but the fact that you've made it off of a plethora of drugs, after over a decade of being on them, speaks volumes about you This will take some time and patience, but you WILL heal.

Paxil, 20 mg since 1997, for IBS
Two unsuccessful attempts to quit.
Started tapering 11/27/06
PAXIL FREE 12/29/07

Today is the best day, EVER!
LCrawford67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #3
texgirl
Regina Benzodictius

It's been documented that acute benzo withdrawal symptoms can last for 2-3 years after the last dose, even when tapered slowly. I spent 8 months tapering off Klonopin and still had pronounced w/d issues for 18 months, didn't start to feel like my "old" self until 2 years off, consider myself fully recovered at 3 years off.

As LC said, multiple drugs make this more complicated. Hang in there, and give yourself credit for how far you've come. No matter how slow the process, the result is worth it.

Face. Accept. Float. Let Time Pass. Dr. Claire Weekes

We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same. Carlos Castaeda
texgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
jpvp

I went slowly off the lexapro, very small cuts at a time as i did with the benzo's and with the help of benzoisland website switched to valium to make it a smoother reduction...all the previous times in the past were very quick changeovers or even cold turkey from one to another (on psychs advice) which sent me around the bend and ended up having more labels and feeling more useless

a quick rundown of my medication past reads kind of like this:

1999 - aropax/paxil
-breakdown-
valium as needed, temaz for sleep
2000 - changed to zoloft
then luvox at some point
xanax
doxepin/deptran around 2003
hospitalised for breakdown, weird new drug on market called ? - found it REBOXETINE (horrible crap!)
temaz for sleep etc on it goes
amitriptyline
around 2004 more breakdowns valium, xanax, and AVANZA SNRI anti-depressant
cold turkeyed from that then onto PROZAC a week later, hospitalised for a few days
ambien given as alternative to benzo's told perfectly safe
LARGACTIL - for least a year daily or more with PROZAC
slowly weaned off prozac then later years weaned off both
was drug free for about 6months then relapsed (we know now delayed withdrawals of course!)
got put in hosp again 2 weeks, given Zyprexa (olanzapine) xanax, valium and numerous other wafer drugs
and then introduced to Lexapro, went onto clonazepam at same time, was on it for a year or more

I've left out lots as it all becomes blurry now but sure there are other drugs there

I have sought all sorts of alternative treatments over the years as well, from hypnotherapy (didnt seem to work?) to naturopathic treatments (was a bit of a disaster, went off prozac waaay to fast and relapsed about 6 months later, when i needed help they offered me appointments at like a couple of hundred a visit, told them cant afford as i am on a sickness pension, told me to come back when i could afford it) - needless to say thats when i went onto the next drug and so on...

I have seen many psychologists, psychiatrists you name it! - basically i DO know all about the panic, (the IT monster_ books are great!) overall i have to admit i have been doing pretty well and can recognise panic before it gets too much and "live with IT", its just at times (like now) it just seems to become so acute and well, i dont know its like you become so sensitive to the slightest stimuli, slightest feeling or thought and all you have learnt just seems to not apply quite the same.

Of course its times like this i freak and wonder if going back on them is an option because you just want some relief but i am not going to, the more i see sites like this and read these storys i realise the trouble these drugs are.

around april/may i had my wisdom teeth removed and thats when big panic set in (fear of dentists) and i stupidly accepted a bottle of temazepam for sleep from the doctor (weird thing is it didnt seem to work..in the past it knocked me out!!) i only too kit for a few days probably but i regret it....I guess the anaestetic drugs also would not have done me any good either.

Then the last month or so i have not been sleeping, horrible insomnia the worst i have ever had, so i have been taking restavit, doxylamin succinate which works well, but i fear it may not be any safer than all the other drugs...

then i came down with a flu, and then a bacterial infection which the doc gave me antibiotics for (another chemical i hear is bad in withdrawals)

the insomnia kept going and some anxiety creeping in and i was reccomended Valerian as it is natural etc, took for about a week and yes i seemed to sleep like normal again..so i stopped.then BANG i am suffering shocking anxiety and panic and everything again

The thing is i cant always put my finger on whats wrong, what i am stressing about, i just have an overwhelming fear of dread and that i "have to make things right" - but i either cant make it right or dont know what it is i have to make right...and sometimes even if it wasnt one thing it would be something else!!!

This weekend i was going to go to my partners place, we dont see much of each other (i live alone with my dog) but i felt so crap the thought of getting on the train (with dog) and getting down to his place was too much, i stressed about it and thought i was doing ok keeping a lid on it, then wham i woke up in the early hours in full panic attack flight with uncontrollable crying, stressing over it, then decided i would stay home - then i was stressed i failed and let the IT monster win and its just like everything stresses me, turn the tv on and the brightness and colors or even the people on there make me feel more panicky, even looking at their eyes wondering if they will feel sympathetic toward me panicking or scold me etc, its almost as if your feelings has become so acutely on alert, it doesnt register subconsiouly the people arent there with you, your mind just FEELS and logic seems to have no place. Yet, i am still ME, i know this is silly, i know its just a panic attack but i still am petrified and its almost like its the first time i had one all over again.

another thing, i seem to be worse in the mornings...always have been..and by evening i seem to be the best (thats why its hard to go to bed sometimes as i dread waking up at the start again)
33yrs old was on clonazepam 0.5mg daily for nearly a year - changed to valium equivalent and ceased entriely in late may 08, Taken most types SSRI's/tricyclics and benzos, anti-psychotics (you name it) over the last 10+ years for depression/anxiety - Last one was LEXAPRO - which i reduced gradually to 10mg by May 09 and stopped entirely approx October 2009
Old 08-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
kathleen2
PP's Nancy Drew!

You've been through a lot! It sounds like you're managing a serious anxiety disorder and multiple drug withdrawal at the same time. Everything you're experiencing is to be expected--you're not alone!!!!---and it seems like you're facing it with bravery.

My advice, for what it's worth: try to set up a daily scheduled dealing-with-panic practice, to review everything you know and implement whatever skills you've learned. Some other books: Mapping Your Anxiety and Panic; Hope and Help for Your Nerves. This will help you feel proactive, that you're the boss of the panic, rather than it being the boss of you.

No matter how crappy things seem, do other simple things to increase well-being--daily sunshine, moderate exercise, healthy food. Again, doing these things will give you a sense of agency over your panic.

And finally--even if you decide to go back on a med, opt OFF of the med roller coaster; choose one and stick with it, no matter what the drs. say or what diagnoses they try and pin on you. (I'm on lexapro and have no idea if it's even helping, and don't much care, honestly, just know that I have to learn to deal with the anxiety/panic that I've had all my life before I go off and deal w/ withdrawal, too).
* Weaned off 1mg xanax w/ 1-month taper of .5 mg klonopin

Currently weaning Lexapro:
Sept.: 17.5 mg
Oct.: 15mg
Nov. 27th: 12.5 mg
Jan. 1st: 10 mg
April: 9mg
June: 8mg
Aug 1st: 7.5 mg
Nov. 1st: 5mg
June 5th: 4mg
Feb. 1st: 2.5mg
kathleen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
jpvp

I'm not going back on any medication they are all one and the same really far as i have learnt trying them all over the years.

today i have woken up early and feeling panicky again and really want to go chuck up..

keep worrying that how can i feel so ill ..after a YEAr off the drugs, has anyone else had problems this long after
33yrs old was on clonazepam 0.5mg daily for nearly a year - changed to valium equivalent and ceased entriely in late may 08, Taken most types SSRI's/tricyclics and benzos, anti-psychotics (you name it) over the last 10+ years for depression/anxiety - Last one was LEXAPRO - which i reduced gradually to 10mg by May 09 and stopped entirely approx October 2009
Old 08-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
TryingtoGetWell

Welcome, jpvp!

Unfortunately protracted w/d like yours, especially when multiple meds have been involved, can last a while, but I am having significant improvement after pretty much resigning myself that it would never happen, and there have been many members of this group who had lengthy and difficult recoveries but who are now recovered and back doing what they love, even though they had thought it would never be possible. It takes enormous patience, but please try not to get discouraged!

I'll want to read your posts more carefully when I have more time, but a couple of things comes to mind.

If you just had the dental work a few months ago, the anesthetic may well have been a shock to your system. Don't worry! - that will heal. But one's brain and nervous system can be in chaos in varying degrees for some time while recovering from these meds, as texgirl explained so well, and most novocain contains ephedrine, a stimulant that's a problem for a lot of people who are recovering. Like I said, it's just a small setback, doesn't affect healing. But if you need to have dental work done in the future, there is an option. Novocain without ephedrine is available, I learned here; sometimes it has to be administered again during a lengthy procedure, but an understanding dentist should be willing to do that with no problem.

I haven't had dental work done in a long time, but when I need any in the future, I'm definitely going to request that type of anesthetic.

It's just as well that you couldn't afford the naturopath! I'm a strong believer in most (not all!) natural modalities being preferable to many conventional medicine treatments, but in recovery from paxil, I found I had very bad reactions to the kinds of treatments most naturopaths will recommend, and so have most people in this group. The problem is that what would be appropriate for certain symptoms often will not be tolerated by a body altered by these meds, particularly when sensitized by withdrawal, and often one can't tolerate even supplements one had been taking before with beneficial results (that was the case with me) until some time has elapsed for the body to lose the hyperreactivity that can occur after withdrawal.

Time is really the key to letting the body achieve balance after these meds have altered that balance. There are some things some people have found help, though everyone responds differently, and I'm sure you will find some suggestions you might want to try slowly (one at a time, and starting with lower doses than one would normally take). But a lot of it is letting the body heal itself, which it does, but which can take time. It's worth it when the improvements happen, though!
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
5/17/06 - 5 mg (none 5/20)
5/21-24/06 - 2.5 mg (5/22 - none)
5/25/06 - d/cd paroxetine
Felt better than in years, then gradual WD symptoms
6/17/06 - Bolted awake in blind terror, started E-ticket ride to hell
2010 - Leaving hell for balmier climate!
(Still on my pre-paxil 0.5 mg clonazepam)
TryingtoGetWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
jpvp

i just so want to reach for a medication just to get some relief, i have just thrown up again...i am so sick (usually mornings) and my poor stomach is having a bad time

i have taken stemetil or even some doxylamin succinate at times to settle the stomach and me, but i worry how safe they actually are and if its just like taking benzos or anti-depressants again.

i feel so frightened again, dont know if i should go back to bed or sit on the couch or what to do, mind is spinning hard to think
Old 08-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #9
TryingtoGetWell

I'm not familiar with those medications, but I found peppermint tea helpful for my stomach in w/d. There were very few things - even natural ones - that I could tolerate (my case was pretty extreme for a lot of reasons, including pre-existing chronic medical conditions), but peppermint was not a problem. It can have a very mild diuretic effect, which can sometimes be annoying to me since I have a weak bladder anyway, but when I'm retaining water, that property can actually be a blessing, and I tend to feel better generally from peppermint tea, even though I've never cared much for the taste (many people drink it just because they like the taste!).

If peppermint doesn't help, ginger tea is another you might try. Sometimes one works better than another.

There really isn't anything that's just going to make withdrawal symptoms just go away, except the healing that happens over time but does indeed happen. But there are some things like these that can often help symptoms.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Many of us here can relate to what you're experiencing. The good news is that one can recover from this. I hope you start feeling better soon. Hugs to you!
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
Old 08-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
TryingtoGetWell

Forgot to mention that mornings tend to be the worst time for most of us.

Something to do with the body's natural biochemical cycles over the course of the day.

Miserable, but it heals. Some symptoms heal sooner than others, as the body goes through the complex recovery process to achieve normal balance.
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
Old 08-16-2010, 03:25 AM   #11
jpvp

i am feeling like i am really loosing it right now, i feel like i should go call for help but i dont want more medication, just not sure what to do
Old 08-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #12
Junior

Hi JPVP

Hang in there. You WILL get through this.

Hmm.. just read your Lexapro wean on your sig. I wonder if it's that. Lex is a strong drug and a few people here have had a lot of trouble coming off it.

What part of Aussie are you from?

Junior

Aropax (Paxil) taper:
2009 23 Sept - 40mg; 12 Dec -30mg;
2010 Up and down - 25mg-30mg; 17 Dec-26mg
2011 25mg- 18 mg
2012 17mg -12.5mg
2013 27 Jan-12mg, 11 Mar-11.5mg, 2 May-11mg, 10 July-13mg, added 12.5mg Amitryptline 20 July; 5 Aug-titrated up to 75mg, stopped @13 Aug due to SS

Last dose of 13mg Aropax 15 Oct 2013. Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:35 AM   #13
jpvp

i am from melbourne suburbs,

i found prozac and aropax the worst, but they were all bad for me

struggling tonight this is the hardest so far...how can it do this

its telling me posious things, but i want to LIVE
Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #14
Junior

Melbourne suburbs? Which area. I'm in the South.

Aropax has worked really well for me. Lexapro MAY have been alright but I ended up on too high a dose and it wreaked havoc. Cymbalta is just a nasty drug - at least it was for me. I know others who have had a lot of success with it. I tried switching just last year and I will never do it again. It's either Aropax or nothing. The nothing bit scares me though.. because of the years of suffering with GAD. I really DON"T want to go back to that....

On the other hand.. I"ve studied psychology since then...and learned a lot. I've also had a fair bit of therapy although I haven't been off medication since so I don't really know how I would be now.

It's something I've been psychologically battling with for some time now - to stay on Aropax (esp having heard all the horror stories on here) or gradually wean off it (what if it doesn't work if I choose to try it again in the future?) and see how it goes? Scary

To answer your question: a few here have talked about dissociating your 'self' from your thoughts. Songbird describes the negative thoughts / feelings as her Doomcloud and tries to externalise it, ignore it, and remind herself that it's not the real her. That it's the w/d talking. Might be worth a try?

Hang in there. The people here are VERY supportive and have a sophisticated knowledge of how these drugs can affect people. I'm sure some more will chime in soon.

Aropax (Paxil) taper:
2011 25mg- 18 mg
2012 17mg -12.5mg
2013 27 Jan-12mg, 11 Mar-11.5mg, 2 May-11mg, 10 July-13mg, added 12.5mg Amitryptline 20 July; 5 Aug-titrated up to 75mg, stopped @13 Aug due to SS

Last dose of 13mg Aropax 15 Oct 2013. Switched to Citalopram 21 Oct in an attempt to stabilise.

There are things that are known, and things that are unknown; in between are doors - Anonymous
Old 08-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #15
jpvp

i m in the east i dont want to say anymore where i live publicly

i am a bit sedated now as i took some stemetil and some doxylamine succinate but i cannot sleep

i think i need to go to a hospital but i am frightened to make that move, i live alone and the mental health system has been so bad for me in the past but i just want to feel safe
Old 08-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #16
Junior

It's ok. I wouldn't expect you to tell me which suburb. Just the general area.

How are you feeling today? I'm having breakfast as I type (lol) and will shortly be heading off to work so I won't be able to respond until tonight.

Peppermint oil is good for nausea. It needs to be the essential oil though. All you need to do is get a whiff or two of the aroma and it will settle the tummy.

Look after yourself. Talk more soon.
Junior

Aropax (Paxil) taper:
2011 25mg- 18 mg
2012 17mg -12.5mg

Old 08-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #17
jpvp

i am so frightened , i slept a little but only in little flashes

i dont want to go back onto medications again but if i go seek help its whats expected of me
Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 AM   #18
jpvp

well i went to my doctor today to discuss some sort of plan, he looked at my records and told me according to those, they felt i needed to be on medications indefinetly like the lexapro otherwise i would just keep on relapsing and relapsing.

I feel quite upset as thats not what i went there to be told really, i felt so upset i began to feel panicky there and then

the thing is while i was on the anti-depressants, i was constantly changing them every 6 months or so as i would "relapse" or couldnt tolerate the dosage or the dam thing at all!

Anyhow he didnt think i was in "crisis" so refered me to speak to a psychologist or counsellor etc, but he did respect my wishes regarding not going onto any drugs - my heart began beating fast and panicking prior when i saw him reach for the printer as it printed out something as i *assumed* it was a script for drugs ...but it was just a form to fill out rating how bad you have felt over the last 4 weeks.

So, i guess the thing is - something positive has come of it all, that is i will see this lady on thursday and i can talk about how i feel and hopefully work out some strategys...fingers crossed this will be positive!

I feel very down since going to the docs, but am trying to keep on top of things, just keep remembering him saying that thing about the drugs, thats my worst nightmare to hear someone saying!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:29 AM   #19
TryingtoGetWell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvp View Post
I feel very down since going to the docs, but am trying to keep on top of things, just keep remembering him saying that thing about the drugs, thats my worst nightmare to hear someone saying!
I'm afraid that's what doctors almost always say. Almost invariably. They really believe people need them for life. (And when people have rebound - the worsening of original symptoms - in w/d, that "proves" it to them!)

jp, if I had a dollar for every time someone posted that their doctor told them that, I'd be a millionaire.

What your doctor said is what they say to everyone in w/d unless they happen to have found out what we've learned here. And doctors almost never know what we've learned here.

So don't worry about what the doctor said. I think it's great that he is respecting your wishes not to be on meds that evidently have only made you feel bad, and that some good came out of the office visit.
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
Old 08-17-2010, 03:52 AM   #20
Junior

I agree with TTGW. Don't worry about what your doctor said. Withdrawal isn't in the academic literature so therefore it doesn't exist. Simple! Never mind that drug companies fund the majority of research into clinical trials, drug effects, etc. Never mind that these drug companies aren't going to fund anything that paints their product in a bad light. It's not in the studies... so it just can't be ... And the studies DO say that the onset of symptoms following the cessation of medication are the re-emergence of the original problem.. blah blah blah.... *waves sarcasm flag*

What you have described is being on a merry go round of different psychotropic drugs. All of these have impacted in some way and you are now left with a brain that is trying to heal. If you add any more drugs to the mix, you will delay your recovery.

I know it isn't easy and tbh, if you feel you need to take something to help you sleep, then do it. Just don't allow yourself to become addicted to benzos again. You can take them every 2nd night .. or 3rd... just not every night. So I'm told.

I'm in a similar position myself. My body is just now telling me that it wants more Aropax. The way it does that it to mess up my ability to sleep. It takes a while to drop off and I wake at @5am every morning. (yawn). I've finally decided that the only way I'm going to regain my natural sleeping pattern is to get off Aropax. I know it is going to have to be slow. I know I am addicted - after more than 10 years of use. And I think I will use Temazepam to help me with the worst of the sleep problem. I have a part time job that I don't want to lose.

Hope you are feeling better and I hope you have good heating!
Junior

Aropax (Paxil) taper:
2011 25mg- 18 mg
2012 17mg -12.5mg

Old 08-17-2010, 04:04 AM   #21
jpvp

dont go down the benzo path if you can help it, i think they are just as bad if not worse than the anti-depressants - if you need to sleep, there is a much safer alternative, called restavit, basically its an anti-histamine based product that makes you sleepy, you get it over the counter at the chemist, or even in their own brand version of it, doxylamine succinate....only thing is it can make you feel a bit groggy the next day but so did temaz

benzos are dangerous and even a few now and then regularly can be enough, its just too risky...go for something a little safer if you need sleep
Old 08-17-2010, 04:45 AM   #22
marebu

Hi jpvp - hope you are feeling a bit better.
Thursday's appointment sounds like step in the right direction. She should give you some tips on how to cope in withdrawal and give you some guidance.
Isn't it nice and cold in our fair city at the moment? But I managed to catch a few rays out the back today - for 5 seconds!
Stay warm and keep posting so you get some reassurance here.

2 years Lexapro 10 mg
Aug '09 Zaps started
cut from 10 to 6mg over 8 weeks
5mg for 6 wks
4.5mg 4wks
3.75mg 3 wks
3.4 mg 2 wks
switched to liquid 7th March '10
3.4mg 2 wks
strong head zaps, head pressure
3mg 5wks
2.8 mg 4 wks
2.7 mg 3 wks
2.5 mg 3 wks
2.3mg 3 wks
2.1mg 3 wks
1.8 mg 2 wks
1.6 mg 2 wks
1.4 mg 2 wks
1.2 mg 3 wks
1mg - 3wks
.8mg 3 wks
.6mg 2 wks
20th dec '11 Ditched lexapro at last!
1 year zolpidemCR(ambien) 12.5 mg Reduced to 5mg and now on 3mg
marebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 AM   #23
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvp View Post
dont go down the benzo path if you can help it, i think they are just as bad if not worse than the anti-depressants - if you need to sleep, there is a much safer alternative, called restavit, basically its an anti-histamine based product that makes you sleepy, you get it over the counter at the chemist, or even in their own brand version of it, doxylamine succinate....only thing is it can make you feel a bit groggy the next day but so did temaz

benzos are dangerous and even a few now and then regularly can be enough, its just too risky...go for something a little safer if you need sleep
Thanks for the warning JPVP but I have taken sleeping tabs many times in the past. I admit they are not as effective as they once were but I have managed to avoid addiction so far.

I might look into this Restavit although it's not that I'm not sleepy. I read somewhere that the early waking is a side effect of long term use of paroxetine. I think it's that.

BTW you didn't tell me how you are. Better I hope.

Aropax (Paxil) taper:
2011 25mg- 18 mg
2012 17mg -12.5mg

Old 08-17-2010, 06:01 AM   #24
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marebu View Post
Hi jpvp - hope you are feeling a bit better.
Thursday's appointment sounds like step in the right direction. She should give you some tips on how to cope in withdrawal and give you some guidance.
Isn't it nice and cold in our fair city at the moment? But I managed to catch a few rays out the back today - for 5 seconds!
Stay warm and keep posting so you get some reassurance here.
Three Melburnians in the one thread! Awesome. BTW does anyone follow the AFL? I follow Collingwood

Aropax (Paxil) taper:
2011 25mg- 18 mg
2012 17mg -12.5mg

Old 08-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #25
jpvp

feeling much better tonight, actually got some food into me today which has helped me feel better, stomach is still churny a bit as i think its saying "hey whats that in there?"

i cant get to sleep so just got up and saw your messages, my sleep has been really weird lately too, prior to all this happening i wasnt sleeping at all for about a month or two

just hope tommorow will be ok, i kind of get worried what the catch is when you suddenly feel better.

another cold night it seems, yes i have a good heater, my gas bill was not good though!