our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 01-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Aeroman

Muscle Cramps on Rib Cage Area???

Hello my PP Family,

I wasn't sure where to post but here it goes (please feel free to move it if this isn't the right spot, thanks!).

I was wondering if any one has ever gotten a muscle cramp under their rib cage area? You know like a Charley Horse but on either the right or left rib cage region? I sometimes get this if I turn my upper body to put my seat belt on or reach back for something. It hurts a lot! I would get to cramp up and then release...cramp up and then release: about 5-10 times it would do this and then go away.

Just wondering if anyone out there shares this with me, thanks!

- mid 2005 - Feb 27, 2008 (2.5yrs) --> 10mg of Lexapro & Wellbutrin XL 300mg

- 1 month Lexapro Taper (10mg --> 5mg for two weeks, then 5mg every other day for two weeks, done). TOO FAST, thanks DOC.

- End of Month 3, rebound depression, intense anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, loss of appetite, weight loss, low back pain, lightheaded...

- 98% SSRI Withdrawal Recovery as of 2011ish.
Aeroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
PanaMike

Re: Muscle Cramps on Rib Cage Area???

Hello. I have been going through paxil withdrawal for only 13 days, but during this short period, I have had every type of cramp and spasm I could have ever imagined, and spasms and cramps in places I didn't even know have muscle to do so!
From what you are describing, I have had similur cramps in my rib area. The first time that I felt them about a week ago, I was really worried because of the vital organs which are supported by the ribcage. It freaked me out, but I marked it up as another withdrawal symptom from paxil. I have made it a point to get some extra potassium in my body every day from bananas, pears, orange, etc. and my cramps and spasms have improved. Panic/anxiety attacks burn up potassium like crazy and can leave us with big-time deficiencies very quickly. Good Luck
PanaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:25 AM   #3
jule1

Hey!

Just wanted to pop in and say that I have seen this a LOT on the benzo boards. And although you didn't take a benzo a lot of times the symptoms are very similar. I have had this a little at times but it always goes away.

Hope this helps some and so glad to see you doing well Juan!

36 months off Effexor January 2011 Supplements:
Tryptophan, Magnesium, Fish Oil, Calcium D, Stress B Complex, Ashwagandha,
tapering .5 mg Xanax taken at bedtime for close to 4 years
2/15/10-.4375mg
3/12/10-.375 mg
4/5/10-.3125 mg
4/23/10-.25 mg
5/21/10-.1875 mg
6/17/10-.125 mg
7/13/10-.0625mg
8/29/10-0
jule1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
stan

hi Aeroman,

i just had intercostal nerves pain since maybe 2 months, it has improved 90 %, now i have still shortness of breath (= somatization of anxiety) since many many months, with up and down,

as you said once : time
stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Aeroman

Thank you my friends! It's just one of those things that crops up and messes with my already sensitive CNS! Be well.

- mid 2005 - Feb 27, 2008 (2.5yrs) --> 10mg of Lexapro & Wellbutrin XL 300mg

- 1 month Lexapro Taper (10mg --> 5mg for two weeks, then 5mg every other day for two weeks, done). TOO FAST, thanks DOC.

- End of Month 3, rebound depression, intense anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, loss of appetite, weight loss, low back pain, lightheaded...

- 98% SSRI Withdrawal Recovery as of 2011ish.
Aeroman is offline   Reply With Quote