our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 10-07-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
Californiaboy

Is dosage too high?

Hi all!
3 weeks ago I was put on Paxil cr 12.5 at a walk-in clinic. 7 days later, a different doctor said that my current dosage was too low, and he put me on 25 milligrams. Last week, he increased the dosage to 37.5, and that is what I'm currently on. I'm forgetting lots of stuff short term (forgot how to get to my job after being there 4 years, couldn't remember where my parking spot was at my apartment, can't remember movies, or if I ate dinner.) The memory loss isn't super bad, but I wonder if anyone else has this same problem. I'm so very new to all of this, and need input if possible. Is this normal?
Steve
Old 10-07-2003, 02:31 PM   #2
scared*diana

Hi,
I was on only 10mg paxil and the memory loss was horrible. I did forget every day stuff like you describe. I do believe your dose may be to hing. Why did he raise it? You were not getting results?

Diana
scared*diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:43 PM   #3
scared*diana

Hi,
I was on only 10mg paxil and the memory loss was horrible. I did forget every day stuff like you describe. I do believe your dose may be to hing. Why did he raise it? You were not getting results?

Diana
Old 10-07-2003, 02:46 PM   #4
Californiaboy

Hi Diane,
The doctor who raised the dosage said that I should have seen results within a few days. When I told him that I hadn't felt any difference after the first week, he raised it. After the second week, I was feeling only a little better, so he raised it again. I'm seeing him on Friday, where he will probably put me even higher. I'm feeling a tad bit better, but still have that perpetual knot in my stomach, and the memory loss.
Steve
Old 10-07-2003, 03:00 PM   #5
scared*diana

Hi,
Im not a doctor, but I believe most antidepressants take weeks to show their effect. If I were you, Id wait up to 4 weeks before deciding on raising the dose.

Diana
P.S. Sorry for the double post!
Old 10-07-2003, 03:11 PM   #6
Californiaboy

I think that's what I will do. Thanks for the advice. This forum is great!
Steve
Old 10-07-2003, 07:11 PM   #7
Scott

just to compare doses i started on 10mg then moved up to 30mg... then came the paxil cr so i jumped on the 25mg.. ive never gone higher than that.

What has happened to it all?
Crazy, some are saying
Where is the life that I recognize?
Gone away

But I won't cry for yesterday
There's an ordinary world
Somehow I have to find
And as I try to make my way
To the ordinary world
I will learn to survive

surviving an ssri reaction
alternative anxiety treatments