our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 05-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
no-fear

2+ year update!

I haven't been on this website for quite a while, but just wanted to do an update.

It has been about 2 years and 4 months since i stopped taking paxil. I can say that things have improved for me, i have no dizziness any more and the brain fog has improved a lot, my energy levels have improved slightly, but still room for a lot of improvement (probably have long term battle fatigue). My eyes are less sensitive to sunlight, computer screens, bright lights etc...

I still have periods of feeling low and there is defo a pattern to that (feel worse during the day, then better at night).

I find the things that have really helped have generally been doing things to take my mind off it, i choose only to come on here for infomation on supplements and not read the other posts because they put worries in my mind.

I defo believe that i will fully recover from this and everyone will in time, just need so much patience. good luck to you all
Jan 05 - 2.5mg
Feb 05 - 20mg
July 05 - 10mg
Dec 06 - 5mg
July 07 - 20mg (discovered CBT)
Jan 08 - 10mg
Nov 08 - 5mg
Jan 09 - 0mg stopped
May 09 - bad wave
Oct 09 - bad wave
Mar 10 - bad wave - upped omega 3 dose and started taking magnesium
Apr 12 - feel tired all the time, getting there.
May 10 - started taking vitamin e and more omega 3
no-fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
LCrawford67
"Freakishly Optimistic"

Re: 2+ year update!

Thanks for stopping back in and congratulations on your success! Here's to continued healing!

Paxil, 20 mg since 1997, for IBS
Two unsuccessful attempts to quit.
Started tapering 11/27/06
PAXIL FREE 12/29/07

Today is the best day, EVER!
LCrawford67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-fear View Post
I haven't been on this website for quite a while, but just wanted to do an update.

It has been about 2 years and 4 months since i stopped taking paxil. I can say that things have improved for me, i have no dizziness any more and the brain fog has improved a lot, my energy levels have improved slightly, but still room for a lot of improvement (probably have long term battle fatigue). My eyes are less sensitive to sunlight, computer screens, bright lights etc...

I still have periods of feeling low and there is defo a pattern to that (feel worse during the day, then better at night).

I find the things that have really helped have generally been doing things to take my mind off it, i choose only to come on here for infomation on supplements and not read the other posts because they put worries in my mind.

I defo believe that i will fully recover from this and everyone will in time, just need so much patience. good luck to you all
Congras! I did had the same problems: sensitive eyes, low energy. So I believe it will go away eventually.

BTW, a quick question: I noticed you took Vitamin C, Omega 3 and Cal. Does it really help the withdrawal?
Old 05-14-2011, 03:14 AM   #4
no-fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by baal View Post
Congras! I did had the same problems: sensitive eyes, low energy. So I believe it will go away eventually.

BTW, a quick question: I noticed you took Vitamin C, Omega 3 and Cal. Does it really help the withdrawal?
whether it was the omega 3 itself or the placabo effect, i defo felt a lot better in terms of my low mood after upping the dosage. But since then i have improved my diet, started exercising and took better care of myself.

As it stands i take 2000mg omega 3, 200iu vitamin E, 1 cod liver oil capsule, 1 mulivitamin with iron, cup of horlicks before bed, sunflower seeds and 2 bananas a day as well as eating lots of veg and fruit and generally more healthy foods.
Jan 05 - 2.5mg
Feb 05 - 20mg
July 05 - 10mg
Dec 06 - 5mg
July 07 - 20mg (discovered CBT)
Jan 08 - 10mg
Nov 08 - 5mg
Jan 09 - 0mg stopped
May 09 - bad wave
Oct 09 - bad wave
Mar 10 - bad wave - upped omega 3 dose and started taking magnesium
Apr 12 - feel tired all the time, getting there.
May 10 - started taking vitamin e and more omega 3
no-fear is offline   Reply With Quote