our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 05-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
renzagliarobb
Banned

muscle spasm & twtching during withdrawal?

Anyone have severe muscle spasms and twitching and how long does/has it last/lasted? I always had some muscle spasms before wd but this is ridiculous at times. It seems to be getting better but some days are "absolutely" ridiculous. Any comments on this? Any success stories? how long did t go on for? Any comments appreciated

Robb
renzagliarobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
texgirl
Regina Benzodictius

Re: muscle spasm & twtching during withdrawal?

Robb, are you still tapering Ativan? Muscle spasms and twitching are common side effects of benzo withdrawal.

Face. Accept. Float. Let Time Pass. — Dr. Claire Weekes

We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same. — Carlos Castañeda
texgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
renzagliarobb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texgirl View Post
Robb, are you still tapering Ativan? Muscle spasms and twitching are common side effects of benzo withdrawal.
Yes! Thank you. I am tapering ativan. have tapered ativan before though, actually CTed atvan wth no spasms that remember though. Ativan is the only thing I am tapering. I read about muscle spasms of the inner ear being a possible cause of tinnitus before, could there be a connection?
Old 05-27-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
texgirl
Regina Benzodictius

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzagliarobb View Post
I read about muscle spasms of the inner ear being a possible cause of tinnitus before, could there be a connection?
Dunno about the tinnitus, but I had major muscle issues due to benzo w/d. It was one of the last symptoms to go, but it eventually did go. Epsom salt baths help. I also took a lot of Advil liquigels.

Face. Accept. Float. Let Time Pass. — Dr. Claire Weekes

We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same. — Carlos Castañeda
texgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
renzagliarobb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texgirl View Post
Dunno about the tinnitus, but I had major muscle issues due to benzo w/d. It was one of the last symptoms to go, but it eventually did go. Epsom salt baths help. I also took a lot of Advil liquigels.
Goog to know Texgirl...after 5+ months now most symptoms (I hesitate to say that) are abating and it seems to be down to the physically painless ones anyway. Depression is still there (often),

Thanks for the comment TG and TC, Robb