our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia Issues in Withdrawal
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia Issues in Withdrawal Feel like anxiety is controlling your life? Is it anxiety or withdrawal? This forum can provide information on how to recognize anxiety for what it is and techniques to take back your life.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 07-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
Faust3x

Anxiety, Fear and Crying!

Lately my anxiety has been horrid, I don't want to go anywhere, I feel it from early morning to almost the time I go to sleep. It gets so strong it makes me cry and cry. It sorta reminds me of when I was coming off Paxil. Though I don't remember crying as much. I am scared of other people, and scared to be alone. When my roommate has someone over it stresses me out. In the morning as I wake up it hits me hard, and loud noises to even a door closing freak me out. I use to go for walks to the mall, but I am too stressed and scared to. I feel I may start crying in public and I don't want the attention. Everything from washing dishes, doing my laundry and showering stress me out and I hate having to do it.

I did a rapid wean from 185mg - nothing in 5-6 months. I have been off Effexor for a little over 3 months now.
15mg of Remeron
20mg of Celexa
3mg Clonazepam

It is not work that kills men, it is worry. Work is healthy; you can hardly put more on a man than he can bear. But worry is rust upon the blade. It is not movement that destroys the machinery, but friction."
-Henry Ward Beecher
Faust3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
fishy

Re: Anxiety, Fear and Crying!

I'm with ya Faust. Bad times. I'll pray for you.
2 mg Klonopin, 150 mg Doxepin 13 DEC 2012
2 mg Klonopin, 125 mg Doxepin 16 JAN 2013
40 mg Diazepam, 125 mg Doxepin 15 APR 2013
35 mg Diazepam, 150 mg Doxepin 23 OCT 2013
fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
NoRx4me

Things will get better with time... they really will. Three months off Effexor has to be the worst. Even if you had original anxiety, everything is exagerated now because of what your body is doing in trying to adjust.

Be kind to yourself. Don't beat yourself up over not being able to do everything. Try your best, then rest and know it's okay to take time to heal.
NoRx4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
chiropteran

You know what? All you need to do right now is just...BE. Nothing else.
When you feel like that, stuff the laundry! Stuff the pressure to do anything at all. If you can find a patch of sun somewhere, curl up in it and just let yourself soak. Being you is enough
ENOUGH!
Jun10-Feb11: 80-60mg, 5-12% 6wkly
Feb-Jul11: 60-50, 5% 6wkly
Jul11-Mar12: 50-20, 10% 6wkly
Hold at 20 for winter...
Aug-Dec12: 18-9.5, 10% 4wkly
Jan-Jun13: 8.6-3.7, 10% 4wkly
Jul-Dec13: 3.3-1.5, 10% 4wkly (1 bigger drop to 1.5)
23 Jan 2014 : 1mg
chiropteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
WildHearted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust3x View Post
Lately my anxiety has been horrid, I don't want to go anywhere, I feel it from early morning to almost the time I go to sleep. It gets so strong it makes me cry and cry. It sorta reminds me of when I was coming off Paxil. Though I don't remember crying as much. I am scared of other people, and scared to be alone. When my roommate has someone over it stresses me out. In the morning as I wake up it hits me hard, and loud noises to even a door closing freak me out. I use to go for walks to the mall, but I am too stressed and scared to. I feel I may start crying in public and I don't want the attention. Everything from washing dishes, doing my laundry and showering stress me out and I hate having to do it.

I did a rapid wean from 185mg - nothing in 5-6 months. I have been off Effexor for a little over 3 months now.
I feel for you I really do. As soon as I read your post I started to cry because I know what you're going through. It is so hard. I have been totally off Paxil for a little over 2 months now and I still sit and cry. I wake up in the morning afraid to go to work, I am in the middle of want to switch careers and I'm looking for another job and sometimes all I can do is just break down and cry. You will get better it is just going to take time. Three months is not that long to be totally off a drug these kinds of meds totally alter your brain and it is hard to find yourself again. I don't like to be alone either right now it scares me. I am 26 years old and I want my mom and dad with me at all times because they are my rock through this, they have supported me and don't give up on me.
Like somebody already said, you have to just be. If you feel like crying and crying makes you feel better, then do it! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Started 10 mg Paxil October 2002...
After 9 and 1/2 years, started having depression side effects...
April 28, 2011 began to wean off and was told to wean off this quickly by my Dr.....
5 mg everyday for 2 weeks...
5 mg every other day for 2 weeks...
STOP! Suffered horrible with withdrawal
Paxil free as of May 29, 2011
Still having withdrawal symptoms 2 months later.

Paxil
WildHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Faust3x

Thank you guys so much. Your words and relating stories mean a lot. I will try and be easier on myself.

I teared up reading your responses. :')
15mg of Remeron
20mg of Celexa
3mg Clonazepam

It is not work that kills men, it is worry. Work is healthy; you can hardly put more on a man than he can bear. But worry is rust upon the blade. It is not movement that destroys the machinery, but friction."
-Henry Ward Beecher
Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
fishy

I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. - Psalm 31:7
Old 08-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
chiropteran

Any time - never helps to get a reminder from complete strangers that YOU are what matters most, nothing else

I'm not at all religious, but nice psalm, fishy.
ENOUGH!
Hold at 20 for winter...
Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
Faust3x

I woke up early today around 7:00 AM, and my anxiety seemed to be mild.. Then like usually around 9:00 am I start getting killer anxiety. The same painful stuff I keep getting every morning. So like usual it got to the point where I had to cry and cry, then stop and feel pain again. I finally took my 3:00 pm Clonazepam early and let it melt under my tongue. I cried for a bit more but the sharp anxiety pains have stopped and are a bit more mild.

Still I have all these fears running through my head. Why is it so hard to relax? I try to picture myself feeling normal again in the future, and it seems like I can't handle what everyday people are suppose to... I don't want to be alone... I don't want to meet any new people, even a girl and have a relationship. I don't like myself... every time I try to talk about it I cry to the point where I can't speak. What if I can never be independent? I am so scared...
15mg of Remeron
20mg of Celexa
3mg Clonazepam

-Henry Ward Beecher
Old 08-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
chiropteran

I've described being down where you are as like being at the bottom of a really deep pit.
You know there's an opening to the outside world somewhere up there but you can't see any light, and you can't even picture what light looks like anymore, to the point where it scares you to even think about it shining on you.
But - and trust me on this - it WILL and it DOES get better. I've been in that pit probably more than twenty times in my life, and every time, sooner or later, you're strong enough to realise there's a ladder you just couldn't see before. And then to put one foot on the first rung of the ladder.
At the moment, it all seems hopeless, and there's little point in trying to FORCE yourself to see in the dark - all that does is make you more unhappy and panicky. You don't need to picture the future right now, just let it go and let it happen. All you need to picture is the very first step - that it will happen, and it will happen when you are ready.
This might not seem like a lot of help, but I guess I just want to try and reassure you that you don't need to worry about all of those things all at once right now. Just BE, and heal, and eventually everything else will just come.
ENOUGH!
Hold at 20 for winter...
Old 08-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
WildHearted

The both of us quit Paxil right about the same time and I am going through everything that you described. I cried all the way through your post because I can relate and because it's horrifying to go through. Everybody says it gets better but it is really hard to see and everything your are going through I can't tell you how much it sounds just like what I am going through.

Quote:
I woke up early today around 7:00 AM, and my anxiety seemed to be mild.. Then like usually around 9:00 am I start getting killer anxiety. The same painful stuff I keep getting every morning. So like usual it got to the point where I had to cry and cry, then stop and feel pain again. I finally took my 3:00 pm Clonazepam early and let it melt under my tongue. I cried for a bit more but the sharp anxiety pains have stopped and are a bit more mild.

Still I have all these fears running through my head. Why is it so hard to relax? I try to picture myself feeling normal again in the future, and it seems like I can't handle what everyday people are suppose to... I don't want to be alone... I don't want to meet any new people, even a girl and have a relationship. I don't like myself... every time I try to talk about it I cry to the point where I can't speak. What if I can never be independent? I am so scared...

April 28, 2011 began to wean off and was told to wean off this quickly by my Dr.....

Paxil
Old 08-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
WildHearted

Thank you for this, I really needed to hear it. This is how I feel. I am so afraid of everything right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiropteran View Post
I've described being down where you are as like being at the bottom of a really deep pit.
You know there's an opening to the outside world somewhere up there but you can't see any light, and you can't even picture what light looks like anymore, to the point where it scares you to even think about it shining on you.
But - and trust me on this - it WILL and it DOES get better. I've been in that pit probably more than twenty times in my life, and every time, sooner or later, you're strong enough to realise there's a ladder you just couldn't see before. And then to put one foot on the first rung of the ladder.
At the moment, it all seems hopeless, and there's little point in trying to FORCE yourself to see in the dark - all that does is make you more unhappy and panicky. You don't need to picture the future right now, just let it go and let it happen. All you need to picture is the very first step - that it will happen, and it will happen when you are ready.
This might not seem like a lot of help, but I guess I just want to try and reassure you that you don't need to worry about all of those things all at once right now. Just BE, and heal, and eventually everything else will just come.

Paxil
Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #13
Faust3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiropteran View Post
Thank you, very nice and inspiring words. Really needed to hear this as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
The both of us quit Paxil right about the same time and I am going through everything that you described. I cried all the way through your post because I can relate and because it's horrifying to go through. Everybody says it gets better but it is really hard to see and everything your are going through I can't tell you how much it sounds just like what I am going through.
I guess we both will just have to remember that there is many people who go through this exact same cycle and have beaten it. We both know that there is that one other person on the same level as we are currently. I wish the best for your recovery, and hopefully we will look back on these posts with victory in our hearts and mind.
15mg of Remeron
20mg of Celexa
3mg Clonazepam

-Henry Ward Beecher
Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
WildHearted

Faust3x, I wish you all the best too. Remember to keep the faith and know that it will get better. This hard for me to say because I have those feelings of "this will never end" but take the deep breaths and if you feel you need to cry... Cry! For me crying is a release.

Paxil
Old 08-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #15
Faust3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Faust3x, I wish you all the best too. Remember to keep the faith and know that it will get better. This hard for me to say because I have those feelings of "this will never end" but take the deep breaths and if you feel you need to cry... Cry! For me crying is a release.
Thank you, I know it's a release, but I am so tired of feeling the need to cry, while all these fears and pain go through my head. One of the things that scares me is what if I am one of the people that doesn't get better? What if I still feel just at 7 months, or 10 months. I really can't go on feeling this bad. I need to start gradually feeling improvement.

Just so scared.
15mg of Remeron
20mg of Celexa
3mg Clonazepam

-Henry Ward Beecher
Old 08-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
fishy

Listen. I know your pain. Trust me, you should try to STOP the "WHAT IF?!" scenerios. "What if I never get better?" "What if the sky falls?".

The reason is nobody knows what the future holds so most of the "what ifs" you answer with a worst case prediction. This is not in line with objective reality. You need to be honest with yourself and that begins with not thinking about "what if". The truth is, you have probably felt better for a longer part of your life than you have felt bad, right? So why would you assume your suffering would go on forever?

The truth is, our disorders are very treatable with good prognosis. You should look into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy since your thinking shows many signs of being irrational. The good news is this way of thinking is not that hard to change . Once your thinking changes, your feelings will follow as will your brain chemistry.

Here is something you could try called "examining the evidence". Write down some of your "what if" thoughts and on one side of the paper write down data that supports it and on the other side write down data that refutes it. Then score your thought. You'll find in most cases, it is irrational.

Another thing is you may want to try to get at the root of what bothers you by asking successive "what if" questions that are related.

ex:
What if I feel bad forever?
Nobody will want to be around me.
What if that happens?
I'll be all alone.
What if you are alone?
I'll be a loser and my life will be meaningless.

You can see from this that each step show irrational thought. Just because someone is sick, their loved ones won't leave them. Even if they do, that in no way makes one a loser. Finally, being alone does not make one's life meaningless.

I hope some of this helps. You guys are feeling low, but God knows all of your suffering and loves his creations. You will not suffer forever and can get well.

Good luck and God bless!
Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #17
WildHearted

Fishy, thank you so much for that post I really need to keep this in mind. I am going through the "what if" stage and I keep worrying about the future and stressing over things that don't matter. I know that God has a plan for me and I have no need to worry but I keep it up. It's part othe akethasia I think. I am emotional too.

Faust3x, you will be ok. I am seeing improvement. It's everyday I can see it but a little bit each time. I still am having the winded anxiety feeling in my chest, weakness creepy feeling, and a lump in my throat. It doesn't last as long as it did everyday so I know it is getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy View Post
Listen. I know your pain. Trust me, you should try to STOP the "WHAT IF?!" scenerios. "What if I never get better?" "What if the sky falls?".

The reason is nobody knows what the future holds so most of the "what ifs" you answer with a worst case prediction. This is not in line with objective reality. You need to be honest with yourself and that begins with not thinking about "what if". The truth is, you have probably felt better for a longer part of your life than you have felt bad, right? So why would you assume your suffering would go on forever?

The truth is, our disorders are very treatable with good prognosis. You should look into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy since your thinking shows many signs of being irrational. The good news is this way of thinking is not that hard to change . Once your thinking changes, your feelings will follow as will your brain chemistry.

Here is something you could try called "examining the evidence". Write down some of your "what if" thoughts and on one side of the paper write down data that supports it and on the other side write down data that refutes it. Then score your thought. You'll find in most cases, it is irrational.

Another thing is you may want to try to get at the root of what bothers you by asking successive "what if" questions that are related.

ex:
What if I feel bad forever?
Nobody will want to be around me.
What if that happens?
I'll be all alone.
What if you are alone?
I'll be a loser and my life will be meaningless.

You can see from this that each step show irrational thought. Just because someone is sick, their loved ones won't leave them. Even if they do, that in no way makes one a loser. Finally, being alone does not make one's life meaningless.

I hope some of this helps. You guys are feeling low, but God knows all of your suffering and loves his creations. You will not suffer forever and can get well.

Good luck and God bless!

Paxil
Old 08-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #18
Faust3x

I AM SO STRESSED OUT!!!!!!!!
15mg of Remeron
20mg of Celexa
3mg Clonazepam

-Henry Ward Beecher
Old 08-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #19
chiropteran

*BREATHE*
And again.
And again.
You can do this. You absolutely can.
Tell whatever thoughts that are stressing you out to get the hell out of your head. Focus on nothing except breathing in and out for a while.

*virtual hugs*
ENOUGH!
Hold at 20 for winter...
Old 08-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #20
Faust3x

I just hate myself, and I hate the way I feel. I don't like being alive. I don't want to go back on the toxins..... I am probably overreacting but all the endurance of pain is adding up. Just crying, stressing out, anxiety, feel sick, and worn out. My mind is a sick mess...

There is no where I can go for help, as last time I went to a hospital for this, they tried to put me back on drugs using scare tactics.

Trying to breathe, but I am so worn out. I know smoking weed would probably help every once in a while, but I am too scared I will get in trouble. I can't drink as that will mess with my progress. The 25th of August will be four months off.... when will this **** end?

To quote Slipknot

"If the pain goes on, I'm not gonna make it!"
15mg of Remeron
20mg of Celexa
3mg Clonazepam

-Henry Ward Beecher
Old 08-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #21
NoRx4me

Hi Faust,

I'm sorry you are going through this right now. It is much too soon to throw in the towel. It's a huge thing you are going through and nobody (in the real world) understands. I know. We know!

Smoking weed would NOT help. So don't think you are missing out.

Music has a big effect on me, maybe it does you too; I wouldn't listen to Slipknot right now either. I started listening to much more mellow stuff for a while. Ray LaMontagne, Amos Lee, Indian flute music.

Go to pandora dot com and create a mellow radio station and find some new music. It'll give you something to take your mind off things too. I couldn't listen to old stuff for a while either because it would make me cry. Who starts crying when they hear Zeppelin and Hendrix?! Someone in serious withdrawal from psych meds!

If reading some success stories would help, go here;
http://bipolarblast.wordpress.com/recovery-stories/

Hang in there!
NoRx4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #22
WildHearted

Quote:
I just hate myself, and I hate the way I feel. I don't like being alive. I don't want to go back on the toxins..... I am probably overreacting but all the endurance of pain is adding up. Just crying, stressing out, anxiety, feel sick, and worn out. My mind is a sick mess...

There is no where I can go for help, as last time I went to a hospital for this, they tried to put me back on drugs using scare tactics.

Trying to breathe, but I am so worn out. I know smoking weed would probably help every once in a while, but I am too scared I will get in trouble. I can't drink as that will mess with my progress. The 25th of August will be four months off.... when will this **** end?

To quote Slipknot

"If the pain goes on, I'm not gonna make it!"
I know exactly how you feel, but don't! Don't give up! I am right there with you. I have done nothing but cry the last 3 days over nothing. I am crying from the depression that Paxil withdrawal is putting me through. I am scared out of my mind right now and all I know to do is cry. But we have to make it though. Hang in there. (((hugs)))

Paxil
Old 08-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #23
Faust3x

Thank you for the support, but lately it has been really bad. I am so tired of this. If I am lucky I get an hour or two before bed where I feel not awful, but not good. Then I know I soon have to go to bed and wake up to the same misery all over again.

I know I am not suppose to think a head, but I can't help it.
15mg of Remeron
20mg of Celexa
3mg Clonazepam

-Henry Ward Beecher
Old 08-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #24
fishy

Faust:
You mentioned, "I don't like being alive." If you really have such thoughts you need to call the suicide hotline of go to the nearest E.R.. There are people who care about you and can help you. You are not alone.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #25
Faust3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishy View Post
Faust:
You mentioned, "I don't like being alive." If you really have such thoughts you need to call the suicide hotline of go to the nearest E.R.. There are people who care about you and can help you. You are not alone.
Yup, they will tell me to go on Paxil or Effexor, or another anti depressant.

I am going through a horrible withdrawal, and when you feel this bad (As many of you know) you don't want to live like this when you think that it may be a long time before it ends. I am just so scared and don't know how to vent my pain.

Yesterday night I had about an hour where I felt decent..... I didn't want to go to sleep but knew I had to. Now I am back to feeling low... not as horrible as usual but it could go either way during the day and evening. Maybe I can start to feel decent again sooner and sooner each day.
15mg of Remeron
20mg of Celexa
3mg Clonazepam

-Henry Ward Beecher