our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 01-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
PaxilDream

How did you feel 3 months off Paxil?

I'm approaching the 3 month mark and really hope to feel better within the next month but I know some can take longer just curious to hear some stories from others at there 3 month mark.

I have been dealing with the anxiety and depression associated with my neurtransmitters not being at 100% and while it sucked it was managable. I still haven't felt "the light" but I also didn't feel like I was going crazy. However out of nowhere yesterday and today have been like some of the bad days I "sort of" remember going through months ago.
PaxilDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Tara71

Re: How did you feel 3 months off Paxil?

My problem with WD was the way those symptoms NEVER went away. I'd endure the suffering on and on and on, thinking it would all be worth it once I was free from the drug. Didn't happen. But that's me... I think most people say it takes about 6-9 months.
Withdrawal 1999 failed-forced raise to 30mg.
Withdrawal 2002 duration 10 months failed. Lost job.
Cold turkey = full body rash, knotted muscles.
Resumed to 20mg 2003.
Forced to 30mg 2004 after 1 BAD REFILL
Tapering 2005-06 down to 15mg.
Pooped out and raised to 20mg in 2010. F*** it :P

My ABC Interview:
http://youtu.be/hfQUTHrWnRk
Tara71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Timb

Re: How did you feel 3 months off Paxil?

Paxil Dream- I'm in a similar boat as yourself. Have been off about 2.5 months now and the one thing I notice is that the recovery is not always steady. It's like there are a few good days in a row and then a couple of bad days. I can certainly notice some things getting better, but my guess from what I've read is that it will take at least 6 months until you start feeling a dramatic difference. My w/d symptoms aren't nearly as bad as when I was still taking the drug and weaning, but I'm still nowhere near what I would classify as my normal self. This "post-cessation" recovery really lets me know that these drugs have a dramatic effect on one's brain and that it's going to take time for the brain to heal itself naturally. Best of luck to you and hang in there. It will get better.
Timb is offline   Reply With Quote