our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
julleri

Doxycycline/Rickettsial Infection

I'm so torn whether or not I should get that prescription filled for 50 mg Doxycycline once a day for four weeks.

He wrote it for a positive blood test result showing my body had developed antibodies to a Rickettsial Infection. However, it doesn't mean I'm currently infected with one (an active infection), which I'm sure I'm not. But I'm scared by my recent wave of aches and pains, body crackings, and these unwell feelings.

My reason I don't want to take it is because what if these pains and things are from Prozac and Prozac withdrawal and then I'm stuck taking a medicine I don't need that has some nasty side effects. I see that nausea is a very common side effect of it. I can't handle nausea. Plus I've never been on an antibiotic for more than a few days, not a whole month!

I really don't know what to do.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
julleri

Re: Doxycycline/Rickettsial Infection

lol this is bad, but I just did some walking and thinking about this subject, and I don't think I should take it for the exact reasons I listed.

I go in waves and rapid cycles of mood changes, good bad good bad sometimes in matters of minutes during the hour.

I'm terrified of what SSRIs and SNRIs have done to me. I don't know how I'm gonna be on the other side of all this. That adverse reaction really changed me for the negative. It made me confused, delirious, and fearful and hyper sensitive. Effexor XR made me a negative overly perfectionist person. It's like I don't really know how I'm supposed to be baseline. And all these sensations in my body have got me in a whirlwind of worry and despair.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
audrealjade

I'm so sorry Jason and I totally understand how you feel. I was reading about adverse reactions today and unlike people in withdrawal we don't have the real windows and waves that everyone has so it is harder for us to see us getting better but after reading some of the success stories on here from others with adverse reactions we can heal from this.

I think that is a good idea to not add any more medication to your body. You never know how it will react in such a hypersensitive state.

I know how hard it is to relax in this state but please keep the faith that your body knows how to heal and will do so - it's just going to take an a$$load of time. That is the part I hate.
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week
Off all medication as of 12/17/2011

My story ends with finding out I have Lyme disease which caused my nervous system and hormones to go haywire. Currently in treatment.
www.sabbaticalsoapbox.com

"Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Just keep going, no feeling is final." - Rilke
audrealjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
julleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrealjade View Post
I'm so sorry Jason and I totally understand how you feel. I was reading about adverse reactions today and unlike people in withdrawal we don't have the real windows and waves that everyone has so it is harder for us to see us getting better but after reading some of the success stories on here from others with adverse reactions we can heal from this.

I think that is a good idea to not add any more medication to your body. You never know how it will react in such a hypersensitive state.

I know how hard it is to relax in this state but please keep the faith that your body knows how to heal and will do so - it's just going to take an a$$load of time. That is the part I hate.
Thanks, audrealjade.

Did you have an adverse reaction to Celexa? Is that why you were on for a short time?

If so, I didn't realize you did have that.

I am feeling totally alone in the world right now. I feel like I'm the only one who feels what I am feeling (and in a way I guess I am right, no one person can feel 100% like another feels). The way I felt after trying to updose on Prozac made me feel horrific, and it scares me that I'm still feeling these sensations.

I agree with you that I don't want to add another drug to my body. I feel like it is beaten up enough. Besides, what if all this sickness feeling is from the adverse reaction?

Right now I'm feeling pretty off, sitting in my chair at my desk at work. I feel wobbly, out of touch, very confused, feel this sense of panic/dread/doom. Just thirty minutes or so ago I felt good in comparison. I was outdoors, walking around, felt calm, felt like things are OK. Why all this cycling?

It has to be serotonin and nervous system related. It just has to. It's the only thing that makes sense.

I didn't know it could feel so scary and so terrible to be alive.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
Mixter

There is other good and natural alternatives to Doxycycline that does not have side effects.

If you want to know, we can PM and talk more.

Your situation is tough, I have also been there just like you. Was without Effexor for 3 months (did CT from 75/37.5 mg fast),
I was doing poorly, agitated and very bad in mornings.

Ct benzos,Lyrica and Remeron -06/07
Ct taper Effexor 300-75mg summer -08
Ct 8 yr tobacco habit.
Reinstated too late 3 mos out.
Was upto 450 mg Effexor (equiv 120 mg Celexa).

Switched to Celexa 20mg at 23 nov 2012 because cant stand being on Effexor XR.

Diagnosed with Lyme (had it since 6 yrs old - 1987)
Treatment ongoing

30 mg Citalopram since 11th september 2014.
Still too sick - Lyme. Seroquel 100 mg.
Mixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
audrealjade

Quote:
Originally Posted by julleri View Post
Thanks, audrealjade.

Did you have an adverse reaction to Celexa? Is that why you were on for a short time?

If so, I didn't realize you did have that.

I am feeling totally alone in the world right now. I feel like I'm the only one who feels what I am feeling (and in a way I guess I am right, no one person can feel 100% like another feels). The way I felt after trying to updose on Prozac made me feel horrific, and it scares me that I'm still feeling these sensations.

I agree with you that I don't want to add another drug to my body. I feel like it is beaten up enough. Besides, what if all this sickness feeling is from the adverse reaction?

Right now I'm feeling pretty off, sitting in my chair at my desk at work. I feel wobbly, out of touch, very confused, feel this sense of panic/dread/doom. Just thirty minutes or so ago I felt good in comparison. I was outdoors, walking around, felt calm, felt like things are OK. Why all this cycling?

It has to be serotonin and nervous system related. It just has to. It's the only thing that makes sense.

I didn't know it could feel so scary and so terrible to be alive.
I am so with you! I never thought it would feel so scary to be alive but although it feels that way we have to keep telling ourselves it is only a symptom.

Yes I had an adverse reaction to Celexa. I developed depersonalization and derealization, extreme lethargy - in short felt terrible. But as bad as I felt then I feel even worse coming off of it. It is amazing how your perception changes and everything is so sensitive that the world becomes so frightening. I keep telling myself I have to be a warrior during this and I look forward to nighttime when I can sleep and I have hope every night that I will wake up to a miracle day of feeling better.

Can you explain what you mean by the sickness feeling?
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week
Off all medication as of 12/17/2011

My story ends with finding out I have Lyme disease which caused my nervous system and hormones to go haywire. Currently in treatment.
www.sabbaticalsoapbox.com

"Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Just keep going, no feeling is final." - Rilke
audrealjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
julleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrealjade View Post
I am so with you! I never thought it would feel so scary to be alive but although it feels that way we have to keep telling ourselves it is only a symptom.

Yes I had an adverse reaction to Celexa. I developed depersonalization and derealization, extreme lethargy - in short felt terrible. But as bad as I felt then I feel even worse coming off of it. It is amazing how your perception changes and everything is so sensitive that the world becomes so frightening. I keep telling myself I have to be a warrior during this and I look forward to nighttime when I can sleep and I have hope every night that I will wake up to a miracle day of feeling better.

Can you explain what you mean by the sickness feeling?
I get these sensations that are still hangover sensations from my adverse reaction to Prozac. I'll get confused, feel like I can't handle anything, and really frightened. It's horrific.

Also, all my body in my upper back, neck, and shoulders pops and cracks like crazy. I had some cracking and popping up there before Prozac, but it all became increasingly worse after I switched to it, so it must be from that.

I'm so sorry you had an adverse reaction. Mine was horrifying, and I'm still living with it to this day. I had a terrible night of withdrawal last night, too. I've decided that I need to be away from work and school now. I'm feeling pretty defeated.