our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 01-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Beccamae2009

Please help. How to take myself off paxil??

I've been on Paxil 10 mg for almost 3 months now and I hate it. I'm not myself anymore, no sex drive,which at 21 years old that's a problem...I also have ridiculous mood swings and I am driving myself and fiancÚ up the wall! I just want myself back.
I was thinking I would slowly decrease my dosage for awhile..I am also on klonopin 0.5 mg which helps a lot...
If I decrease my dose to 5 mg for a week or so and then Decrease again should I be fine? I have quit taking other antidepressants cold turkey like Wellbutrin and Zoloft...and I don't remember any bad withdrawals besides mood swings..any advice would be great.
Thanks so much.

Last edited by scotty : 01-02-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: removed email
Beccamae2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
scotty
Administrator

Re: Please help. How to take myself off paxil??

Welcome! I removed your email..not something you want to put on a public message board that can be searched on google. If you're screenname is one you use elsewhere I can change it for you.

Now...3 months is tricky time on paxil...long enough to have to wean, but not long enough that it should be a long drawn out process.

If you're on 10mg now, I would cut to 7.5 for a week and see how it goes(you can cut the pills into quarters to get this dose). Once you've done that for a week you'll know how you'll feel weaning and we can walk you through it from there.

Be careful of the Klonopin, it addicting if used in a daily basis for a period of time.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK
scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
Beccamae2009

Re: Please help. How to take myself off paxil??

Thanks a lot! I will do that and keep you updated.
Beccamae2009 is offline   Reply With Quote