our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Health Challenges
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health Challenges Anxiety, depression, OCD, headaches, weight and more.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 05-29-2004, 04:17 PM   #1

I am new here. I just went off Paxil on Tuesday. I am sick

:P

Do you all feel completely sick???? I just went off Paxil this Tuesday. I have tried to go off of it before. NO luck and NO help. Why didn't anyone tell us this was addictive.

This is what I am expieriencing:

So, over this weekÖ.I have had Sleep problems, HIGH Anxiety, Extreme Headaches, Flu-like symptoms, losing my balance often, gastro-intestinal problems - diarrhea, being very hot at night - sweaty, shaky, I twitch a lot all over - my arms, fingers, toes, legs, and under my right eye, My dreams are SOOOO vivid and real its hard to distinguish between reality and the fake. I have had some boughts of depression and then anxiety again. The blues. I am having mood swings. I have wanted to throw things. I get confused a lot. My words get jumbled. Sometimes I donít think I make any sense. I have had a few nightmares. I hallucinate I think. I am getting my migraines bad. I am tremoring and shaking a lot. I have been over-reacting. I have been extra paranoid. I have been nervous. I have been so irritated. I have wanted to whip things across the room. I had one experience where I felt like I was not myself. I was walking to the garage in the morning and I felt like I was outside myself. I am having a hard time concentrating. I have had some slurred speech. I am hyper-sensitive to smells and noise (but this can be usual for me). I have been grinding my teeth a lot. The muscle twitching is what really gets me. I have cried a lot. And my menstral cycle has been off since I started tapering down off of this drug. I have gained SOOOOOO much weight since Paxil. I hope it comes off now that I am quitting. I feel VERY angry a lot. And very down at times. I canít even talk on the phone to people sometimes. Especially my family. I have muscle weakness. I canít exersize. I canít even focus on my relaxation tapes. They freak me out.

Can anyone relate??
CarolynMJ1977@aol.com
Old 05-30-2004, 12:02 AM   #2
lifeisbeautiful222

I think you should hang in there. One more week and the worst of the physical things should be through.
lifeisbeautiful222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 08:42 AM   #3

I just got this in the mail.

I have just read your post on Paxil and i feel like i wrote it. I feel EXACTLY the same. All of the symptoms you have described. I dont know if this probably will make any difference to you but the mere fact that someone feels the same as i do and i am not going totally insane has set me up for the day. All the stuff about dizziness and nausea, but i am also getting confused with my words, slurring speech and generally feeling, i dont know, the only way to describe it is like horribly drunk with none of the euphoric feeling. I have been off for just over a week now and am praying that i am not going to feel like this forever. cant see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet though.
Heidi
Old 05-30-2004, 08:45 AM   #4

Still sick - you should read my journal

Well, I am glad that I am not the only one. I appreciate you writing me. I feel nuts. And I have been on this drug - WOW - off and on since 2001. Why didn't they tell us? I get so mad at that. What are they giving you now? Or are you off meds now permanently? I am getting Lexapro. Then they are tapering me off different meds. Its so crazy! I am on so many meds. Why do they give so many? Its like they want us to be sick or something. I hate it.
Thanks for writing me. God Bless

Oh ....also, thank you to the other person who wrote me. I don't mean to be ignoring them. I hope hanging in there another week will do it. Its just that my body is SOOOO sensitive. I get the weirdest side effects and such. Its horrible. My doctor thinks I am going through that Paxil withdrawl syndrome. He says he has hospitalized people for it! Also, I am just nervous. It makes me feel so out of control. I am not suicidal - THANK YOU LORD! The only drug that MADE me sucidal every time it kicked in was Effexor XR. I tried to jump off the balcony. IT MADE ME LIKE THAT. I am glad Paxil isn't like that for me. I just want off this demon drug.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:36 AM   #5
dieselbud

the fact that your Doc recognizes it as Paxil withdrawal is great!!!

I went through every symtom your described and then some. The worst was over after about 2 weeks......

I am now pretty much symptom free!!!

Good luck, and hang in there, you are doing your body a great favor by getting this drug out of your system and getting your liver back on track!!

I was on paxil for 8 months.

4 months @ 20MG
2 months @ 40MG (I still want to choke my Doc for doing that)
1 month @ 30MG

Paxil FREE since 05/03/2004

dieselbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:25 PM   #6
Gretchen

Now off paxil 4 days

I tried several weeks ago to wean myself off Paxil, felt more depressed and started taking it again. I think the feelings I had were due to not having as much paxil. I quit 4 days ago after taking it sporatically. I've been on it 2 months . I just wanted OFF this drug for fear of what it does to the liver and such. I thought of asking the doctor for a different med with less side effectsat my follow up in 2 weeks. I know you are not supposed to go cold turkey which I sort of did, but hell I might as well get it over with.I was so mean and irritable yesterday(day4) I even had to go to work for 12 hours and felt extra paranoid Thank God I have some Xanax to take the edge off. I also have some Vistaril 10mg that may help, just till I feel less anxious and irritable. Now today when I slept after working last night I had the most realistic dreams tyhat my husband was beating me, etc. Like a nightmare It is hard to tell about the vertigo, because I have a sinus infection that is causing a left inner ear infection. which I am taking antibiotic for. All of my extremities fell tingly and I am having alot of muscle cramps. I take alot of ibuprrofen. Too much **** to be taking, but I gotta get through this. I am not ever going back on Paxil!Oh, forgot to mention the mental confusion I am having. Processing tasks at work became more time consuming. My thoughts are jumbled, I do not feel like myself. Paxil would fix it all if I started it again, but I am so determined to stay off. I can't even complete a simple task like washing dishes without jumping into something else, then I forget what room of the house I was in before. This is definately not me.I am so emotionally labile, my depression or axiety was never this bad before paxil. Not worth taking something that Fs with your brain's wiring system. I will be glad when it's effects of withdrawal are finally gone. This board has been so helpful. I am gonna hang in there until Paxil free. Gretchen
Old 05-30-2004, 06:09 PM   #7
dieselbud

Ibuprofin was my best friend....... until my stomach hurt so bad from beng cheap and buying no-name brand (I'll never make that mistake again)

I too am suffering horribly from a sinus infection/cold....... I really wonder if our whole immune system gets compromised. This is the sickest I have been in years (not to mention the lip infection and throat infection to go with it)

I cannot imagine how good we are going to feel after all of this, they'll be able to throw just about anything our way!!!

I was on paxil for 8 months.

4 months @ 20MG
2 months @ 40MG (I still want to choke my Doc for doing that)
1 month @ 30MG

Paxil FREE since 05/03/2004

dieselbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 08:52 PM   #8
silence4now

Hang in there.....I'm on my 10th day w/o any Paxil, and it is getting better each day. I actually slept last night without having a panic attack in the middle of the night. I've only had a little nausea and vertigo today. That is not bad considering there were days I felt I was dying. Tylenol was great. My doctor gave me Mobic which worked better and did not upset my stomach. Also taking my vitamins religiously - lots of C and B and fish oil, kelp, calcium w/magnesium. Trying to drink a lot of water and eat rice and no fried foods. I must be getting better! My cravings are coming back - like chocolate and sweets. And I'm having orgasms again after a long dry spell.
silence4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 04:45 AM   #9
daria

My name is Daria and I am on Seroxat since November last year ( personality disorder). Iīm feeling better then before and I am affraid of not taking it and becoming what I was before Seroxat. Didn`t know anything about withdrawl problems and I was very suprised that there are comunication between people about it. Here, I don`t know anyone who is taking it so there is noone to talk to.
I wanted to stop taking it one weekend and I started to go wild, but didn`t realize why (now I know!!!!). So, I gave up on stopping. no matter anything, my life is easier now with it and like I said, I don`t wanna turn into a monster I was before.
Don`t know what to do, can`t live all my life on medicine. Maybe I can????!!!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:32 PM   #10
Gretchen

Thanks everyone for the input. I'm glad I don't feel alone. Day 5 no Paxil was even worse, almost passed out at work due to vertigo, turned my head too fast and got so nauseous I had to run to the bathroom and vomit. I nearly broke out in tears several times at remarks of coworker that would normally not upset me. I wonder if everyone around me thinks I am crazy- I work around doctors and other nurses! I am calling the doctor in am hopefully can get more xanax, which does calm me down significantly, but the vertigo, nausea, and now (?) diarrhea are still there!! Thanks alot to the drug company for inventing Paxil! They Suck big time, but are laughing all the way to the bank. The drug co. reps. just push the doctors to prescribe, hand out free samples and get people suckered into thinking a pill can solve your problems. I understand some meds are necessary, but with extreme caution and in severe cases. Well, I think I will get some of the vitamins and fish oil and try to keep telling myself I will get back to normal soon. Thank goodness I found this website! Also I could pray , it wouldn't hurt. I'm getting pet therapy too! Ha Ha! Yours in withdrawal, Gretch
Old 06-13-2004, 12:04 PM   #11
t_jania

I feel just the same. But the good news is that if you hang in there, it will stop. After a week, it lightens up and after 3 weeks, all the symptoms should be gone. Hang in there!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 12:28 PM   #12
rdjanis
"has a lavender scented keyboard"

Please read the miscellaneous section Sticky: About Trolls and Trolling.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:28 PM   #13
rdjanis
"has a lavender scented keyboard"

Please read the miscellaneous section Sticky: About Trolls and Trolling.

Opps sorry, the last post submitted said to try again, that I could not post one right after another.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:47 AM   #14
Pageturner

Re: I am new here. I just went off Paxil on Tuesday. I am sick

I'm new here and I appreciate this forum. I feel your pain. I'm withdrawing from Paxil and am experiencing a myriad of unholy symptoms. I have brain shivers, "watermelon head," and I am impatient and spaced out at the same time. Then yesterday it switched to my face felt like it was burning and I was crying all day. Not to mention the headaches. The only thing that seemed to help was Excedrin migraine and Motrin. I dont know if you're supposed to take these two together but I did. Oh, and I have no appetite.
Paxil down to 25 mg.
Pageturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:21 AM   #15
nz1

Re: I am new here. I just went off Paxil on Tuesday. I am sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pageturner View Post
I'm new here and I appreciate this forum. I feel your pain. I'm withdrawing from Paxil and am experiencing a myriad of unholy symptoms. I have brain shivers, "watermelon head," and I am impatient and spaced out at the same time. Then yesterday it switched to my face felt like it was burning and I was crying all day. Not to mention the headaches. The only thing that seemed to help was Excedrin migraine and Motrin. I dont know if you're supposed to take these two together but I did. Oh, and I have no appetite.
Welcome pageturner ,
It might be worth your while to spend time time reading the threads that appear at the top of the discussion page...these inform you of the protocol we follow. One is we don't bump threads that are over a year old....no problem I did it when I joined to.
So you best should start your own thread topic .
Also what would be helpful is to put your time /dates into your sig.
Sounds like you are going through wdl.
28 Sept10 drug free..psych & emot. torture
8 feb12 windows of nrmlty(16 mnths)
28 Sept12 stabilising (24 mnths) (what anightmare)
2013;If I was enmy cmbtnt and nz army did this to me someone would be dragged to the Hague and jailed!
nz1 is offline   Reply With Quote