our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 09-29-2004, 08:11 AM   #1
kizzie

is fast pulse dangerous?

Hi does anyone know if a fast pulse is dangerous.
Its only been a problem since I started a tricyclic and apparently its a known side effect.

My resting pulse is currently 104. Im 34 and vaguely fit (my pulse is usually somwhere between 65 and 70.

Im asking because the dr has suggested upping my dose from 75mg (which is a relatively low dose) to 100 but as this is definately a side effect then it may make my pulse go even higher.

ANy thoughts anyone.
Kizziex
kizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:08 AM   #2
safarigal

you should ask your doctor that question Kizzie.

Paxil free since Nov 2002!

Forum Rules

Withdrawal FAQ
safarigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:55 PM   #3
genevieve

I agree with safarigal : ask your doctor. I guess the high blood pressure would be more dangerous than a fast pulse.
I was often told that the fast pulse that I have from anxiety and panic attacks was not dangerous. I am around 70 at rest but in "stress periods" I can be at 95 for hours or days During a panic attack I am at 130!
I guess to have a fast pulse is not good on the heart in long term. If it is only for some months, I guess it does nothing. But again, I wonder if it can make you tired????
sorry I can not help more.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:27 PM   #4
hope

fast pulse

Kizzie,

My pulse rate went up during the antibiotic reaction and during paxil withdrawal but seemed to be what they called "within normal limits". My blood pressure was 130/87 and normally it's about 98/76. I agree with asking your doctor. Although I don't seem to be able to get straight answers from my doctors these days. When I tried to tell them that this was not my normal blood pressure I got the Hmmm... interesting response and never got a straight answer or acknowledgement. I just don't understand it. It seems the more informed we are when we go see them the more they try to discredit us. He/she may know what they're doing. I would definitely voice your concerns to him.

"I never cared much for flim flam doctors." (Doctor Baker, Little House on the Prairie).

Put on Paxil in 1996 for Post-partum depression. After 5th withdrawal attempt, went into severe debilitating withdrawal, restarted Paxil in the ER which didn't work anymore. Taken off again quickly by a shrink, started on Lexapro. Body rejected all drugs except benzos. Currently off all drugs. I'd say I'm recovered. Yeah, I'd say so.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote