our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 11-20-2004, 09:39 AM   #1
SandyR

Flouride in Paxil?

I have just been reading a book called the Fluoride deception and it mentions how Prozac and Paxil have fluoride in them. It also describes symptoms of too much fluoride as ranging from stiffness and in pain in joints, misual disturbances, headaches, anxiety and a multitude of nervous system disorders.

Think about this we get fluoride in our toothpaste, drinking water, from any food that was watered with fluorinated water, teflon pans and Prozac and/or Paxil. Why is there a poison control warning on your toothpaste tube not to swallow and call poison control if you swallow a certain amount. We are swallowing it everyday in our water. Could this be why we have such a prevalance of kids that are diagnosed with ADHD more than ever before?

I'm not a conspiracy fanantic or anything.

Fluoride was considered a poison at one time. I know the saying that alot of medicines taken in excess aren't good but in small amounts can be benificial. But apparently it is things that I would never have thought it was in. It seems it could be easy to overdose on fluoride.

Does anyone know anything about this? Please set me straight if I am way off base.

Sandy
SandyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:00 AM   #2
MizzT
Banned

Thanks Sandy.
Im going to add this to the info i give my naturopath. Maybe this too will help me get to the end of the twitch tunnel. the muscle spasm tunnel and the headache tunnel.

I think you are not off base that there is fluoride in paxil....im pretty sure i have read that also. Will see what i can google.
MizzT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
MizzT
Banned

http://www.antidepressantsfacts.com/...uorophenyl.htm
Old 11-20-2004, 11:27 AM   #4
MizzT
Banned

I found this one very interesting.
http://64.177.90.157/pfpc/html/index_drugs.html

read the link about fluoridated drugs in general.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:31 PM   #5
SandyR

Hoo Hoo! Do you think that it is really prozac that had seeped into water supplies or something that could cause problems like prozac, like maybe fluoride?

It looks like most of the "fluoride drugs" have been recalled, maybe for the effects of the fluoride itself?

Bev, That would be great if you could ask your natropath about this. I would be really interested to see what she says. The problem know is what else is it in that we don't even know about? We have all gone off Paxil for side effects. Do you think they are from the fluoride in the drugs and not nessassarly the drugs themselves?

Something to think about?
Old 11-20-2004, 01:16 PM   #6
MizzT
Banned

well its certainly something to investigate. the symptoms across the board with the recalled drugs, paxil, and fluoride poisoning seem to be the same. that surely raises my eyebrows. I think the problem now is figuring how we get the fluoride out of the body and heal the body.

I sent info off to my doc. she will respond eventually. i think she LOVES this actually.
I cried and sobbed in her office on tuesday....i was so sick that day. I told her i didnt want to scare her off. she explained that she is learning more each day and if i will hang in with her and feed her what info i can find...together we will tackle this beast completely. im gonna go google some more.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:54 PM   #7
SandyR

What a wonderful doctor, wish I had one here. I have actually found a naturopath his is a RN but not a Dr. She uses a computer in order to do her muscle testing. She will touch spots on your feet and hands which indicates areas in your body and she can tell which parts are out of balance.

She then can put all the supplements that you have tested for together and see if that keeps you in balance. Seems more accurate than the manual way. So far I have felt alot better with her. We shall see. So far I'm real low in minerals.

Another thing mentioned in this book is how fluoride can attack your enzymes. The enzyemes help the cell nourish itself but fluorine compounds go for that property of the cell and destroy the enzyme process particulary liver enzymes. Could be why so many of us are so sensitive to everything. Like you said we have to find out how to reverse the process. This isn't in the book unfortunately.

I just found this site that does mention the detox. Looks like a lot of unfluoriated water and sweating it out. Just what everyone has been doing here. That seems like good news at least.

http://www.tldp.com/issue/202/Notes_Fluorine.htm

Sandy
Old 11-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #8
MizzT
Banned

What minerals are you deficient in??
I was low on magnesium and selenium in particular. its really helped to get them back up to normal levels but its daily maintenance.

Yes...the fluoride does inhibit liver enzymes....in fact...the cytochrome p-450, 2D6 pathway that paxil needs to detox. what i read is exactly what i have been dealing wiht....that the metabolization of fluoride i.e. paxil....causes even nastier chemicals to be produced and stored after phase 1 liver detox. those biproducts are really damaging and cause muscle degeneration etc etc etc.

as for sweating.....we are workin' on gettin' my hot tub fixed yet again. be careful sweating....nasty headaches from it. drink TONS of water!!
Old 11-20-2004, 08:07 PM   #9
Misfit

You are right on. A friend and I have been talking about this for a long time, it was something she has been researching. Flouride IS bad for you and causes alot of serious problems in your body. I still cant figure out why dentists and the ADA pushed it onto us and constantly tells us we need it.