our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Health Challenges
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health Challenges Anxiety, depression, OCD, headaches, weight and more.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 12-13-2004, 09:35 AM   #1
genevieve

what to do for more energy?

ok, I know there is many nice people here who are ready to give me advice
Sometimes my lack of energy is just psychological : when you are depress you have less energy or when you get 4 panic attacks in a week there is no surprise you are tired on the weekend... so I know that part of the "energy boost" is to work on the mental part. But do you have any other advices for it?
I have think of buying a luminotherapy lamp and doing more sports... (for the moment, I only walk)
Old 12-13-2004, 11:17 AM   #2
safarigal

Go for the luminotherapy lamp Gen This time of year in the north is draining on many of us because of the short cold days.

Paxil free since Nov 2002!

Forum Rules

Withdrawal FAQ
safarigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:46 PM   #3
ragazza

yeah a special lamp would be nice.
seems like that would help both the physical body-clock stuff, and also psychological if you have to get up in the dark every day.
hmmm....i want one. do you know about how much that would cost?

*paxhell-free since october 2, 2004*
ragazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:22 PM   #4
genevieve

Hi!
I have done a little research and it is around 200$... pretty expensive for a lamp!!!! but I think I will go for it anyway... In Quebec it is dark for most of the day during winter.
Old 12-14-2004, 08:19 PM   #5
ragazza

yeah that is expensive, but probably worth it.

*paxhell-free since october 2, 2004*
ragazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:33 PM   #6
catherineh

Re: what to do for more energy?

The time of day you take your paxil (if you're still on it) can contribute to energy loss. When I take it at night I don't feel as tired. Also daily exercise, and getting as much sun as you can on your skin whether by machine or nature helps.
catherineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:23 AM   #7
sonicblue

has any one tried noni juice
sonicblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:38 PM   #8
dar7726
Banned

I"m taking noni now... and have taken it in the past.... What is your question?

Darlene
dar7726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:46 AM   #9
sonicblue

hi the question is do u feel well .like pre paxil .its been recommened by the council for tranquilliser addiction here in the uk .i finished with paxil in aug 2003 after 10years.the past yaer month have been dignosed with cfs and have had great difficulty in having any depth of restorative sleep.they claim its because the fatty tissue in the brain would still be saturated with paxil and in their words need to be gently washed away.have u had good results using noni cheers steve
Old 01-14-2005, 08:51 AM   #10
dar7726
Banned

Hi Steve,

I've never been on Paxil but have been on various AD's for more than 10 years... I can't even bring myself to say how many anymore, cause I feel sick saying it...I was also on antibiotics for years as well so my body has been through total hell and is very angry at me...

I do very much believe in Noni....I've learned that it is an immune enhancer,
calms inflamation, helps relieve pain and is suppose to be beneficial for pain,depression, sleep and cancer .....I've read and heard that it is 75% as effective for pain as Morphine... And I believe that is true as when coming off the AD's I had much pain and started to take it and the pain went away..

Now, months later, I have more pain...maybe because I'm exercising and pushing AD's back into my body... who knows... these are powerful drugs.

But you have to continue to take Noni for some time... I mean it is not like taking a PILL and immediately no pain.....Some a couple of weeks before you see real relief...

I've heard depending on your problems that you need to take it throughout the day....therefore keeping it in your system

A doctor on a show I watch, says to some of the callers of the show to take one or two or more ounces a day depending on the callers health concerns.

However NONI is very expensive...

It is better to get PURE NONI.... some come with fruit juice and other additives and that is not the best I get a pure NONI from a company in the US.

If I had the funds I would buy it and keep it on hand and take several ounces everyday for a year or more.....because I feel it is very beneficial.

I visited a Natural doctor after fighting with sleep difficulty for the last few years while taking the AD's and since being off of them... And found that my hormones are all messed up....and that, that maybe has something to do with the inability to return to a normal sleep pattern....I think these drugs cause your hormones to be way out of balance... so you might look into that as well...

I've also saw a Cranial Sacrial therapist and think it very beneficial for restoring sleep but sadly that is expensive as well.....It helps with keeping the energy flowing along the spinal cord and releasing the kinks in it.... As I've read that coming off the AD's causes much pressure there..

I hope this info has helped you,
Darlene
dar7726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:40 PM   #11
Lilly

Regular exercise is good for energy, helps you sleep better and depression.

Lilly
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #12
sonicblue

thanx God bless
Old 01-19-2005, 10:16 AM   #13
hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieve
ok, I know there is many nice people here who are ready to give me advice
Sometimes my lack of energy is just psychological : when you are depress you have less energy or when you get 4 panic attacks in a week there is no surprise you are tired on the weekend... so I know that part of the "energy boost" is to work on the mental part. But do you have any other advices for it?
I have think of buying a luminotherapy lamp and doing more sports... (for the moment, I only walk)
Hey Genevieve,

I was taking a B-complex formula and it gave me energy, however I have problems sleeping and with the B-complex I had more trouble sleeping so I stopped taking it. Might want to try a low dose at first and take it early in the morning. Also some Vitamin-C in the morning as well. My doctor told me to take 3000 mg. but it was too much for me (couldn't sleep). I don't know anything about the lamp, might be interested in hearing about it.

Genevieve, I also cut out the sugar and simple carbs. I'm eating whole grains and also tryng to add organic meats. I Also cut out the food additives. I'm nowhere near being able to do a marathon but it seems to be helping.

"I never cared much for flim flam doctors." (Doctor Baker, Little House on the Prairie).

Put on Paxil in 1996 for Post-partum depression. After 5th withdrawal attempt, went into severe debilitating withdrawal, restarted Paxil in the ER which didn't work anymore. Taken off again quickly by a shrink, started on Lexapro. Body rejected all drugs except benzos. Currently off all drugs. I'd say I'm recovered. Yeah, I'd say so.
hope is offline   Reply With Quote