View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
samarie

Re: Celexa - Quick taper, four week mark and after

Ugh, I don't know what to do. I'm so angry. My doctor prescribed me some fluconazole to take care of an infection I've had for a while, and I feel like it's completely thrown off all the progress I've made so far. I feel exactly as I did as when I was on Celexa, and I'm terrified this is going to set me back another seven weeks! I was almost two months I was off, and now all these symptoms coming back with a vengeance! I was finally starting to lose weight, now the intense hunger is back. I feel dizzy, nervous, tired, disoriented. I've been doing research up to my elbows on the effects of fluconazole, and it can totally retrigger a withdrawal in someone who's finally off of an SSRI. so, fantastic. I wish I didn't take it. I so wish I didn't take it, because I knew there was a possibility for an interaction, and I took it anyway because the pharmacist told me it would be fine. But clearly, it's not. What does a pharmacist know about these drugs? The same as a psychiatrist I'm sure, very, very little. I'm just so, so, so angry. All my progress, out the window. It's gone. I'm right back to square one.
samarie is offline   Reply With Quote