our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Action / Protests / Legal
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Action / Protests / Legal Has your experience with Paxil motivated outward change? Discuss in here!

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 05-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Just The T.

SSRI Reaction lawers.

Does anybody know, if there are any SSRI Adverse Reaction savy lawers in Utah???

"YOU KNOW I'VE SMOKED ALOT OF GRASS. OH LORD! I POPPED ALOT OF PILLS. BUT I'VE NEVER TOUCHED NOTHIN' MY SPIRIT COULDN'T KILL". "Steppinwolf, The Pusher"
Just The T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
scotty
Administrator

Re: SSRI Reation lawers.

As far as I know there are not current lawyers taking on Paxil, except for birth defects. Prior to the birth defect suits, the only ones that went anywhere were the suicide cases and that was only on use prior to 2004.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Just The T.

Thanks AKA Laurie, I've never been on Paxil. Perhaps I am posting where I shouldn't be? However, I know someone that was taking Paxil. He went Homacidal, had a gun at a party, was going to kill everyone. His wife got the gun from him. He works at a Home Depot now, he is my friend. He told me, that when he was on paxil, he would have killed everyone in the Home Depot including me. He said, "that was 8 years ago, and I can still feel it" he told me he had to lock himself in a room for two months. He also said, "it opens a doorway to hell"...

"YOU KNOW I'VE SMOKED ALOT OF GRASS. OH LORD! I POPPED ALOT OF PILLS. BUT I'VE NEVER TOUCHED NOTHIN' MY SPIRIT COULDN'T KILL". "Steppinwolf, The Pusher"
Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #4
scotty
Administrator

While the situation is horrible, lawsuits require definitive proof that the drug caused the reaction, and that proof isn't out there. Sadly, once someone takes a psych drug, they are no longer "credible" by the nature of the diagnosis that started the drug use. The only reason the suicide cases went forward was because there was no warning for suicide at the time and the FDA added that warning in 2004.
That warning and warning for withdrawal have been out since 2004, so nothing beyond that date is open for lawsuit. The other aspect is even with the suicide cases Paxil had to be the ONLY drug taken.

MLK
Old 05-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
NoRx4me

Some suicide cases are still in court. The drug was taken prior to the warnings, the person who took the drug is dead, the parents are still being dragged through the court system. It's sick.

Here is a good explanation from an attorney (Andy Vickory) website of why most people can't file suit.

http://www.justiceseekers.com/Newsle...ewsletterid=26

This is a law firm that actually takes drug cases, which is unusual. But at the end of this page, they say they discourage about 95% of the people that contact them.

This was a hard lesson for me to learn. I spent about a year and a half with my messed up brain that could barely think, gathering evidence and contacting attorney's. When I finally got to meet one in person, one that had taken a psychiatrist to court and won, she quickly made me see what they would do to me in court. I started to cry and there was nothing I could say. I'll never forget that day.

Although, maybe it was malpractice for a doctor to give you a ton of psych meds when you had a genetic kidney problem. You would be suing the doc though, not the drug company. It's easy to find out; contact a few malpractice attorneys online. They won't take a case they can't win.
NoRx4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Just The T.

Thank You for the answeres so far. I appreciate it...

Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
renzagliarobb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
While the situation is horrible, lawsuits require definitive proof that the drug caused the reaction, and that proof isn't out there. Sadly, once someone takes a psych drug, they are no longer "credible" by the nature of the diagnosis that started the drug use. The only reason the suicide cases went forward was because there was no warning for suicide at the time and the FDA added that warning in 2004.
That warning and warning for withdrawal have been out since 2004, so nothing beyond that date is open for lawsuit. The other aspect is even with the suicide cases Paxil had to be the ONLY drug taken.
This fact is absolutely pathetic. I have searched and searched and have, of course, come up empty. Thank you Scotty for the best explanation on this I have heard.
renzagliarobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
scotty
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRx4me View Post
When I finally got to meet one in person, one that had taken a psychiatrist to court and won, she quickly made me see what they would do to me in court. I started to cry and there was nothing I could say. I'll never forget that day.
This is why I try to be honest with those who talk lawsuit.

MLK
Old 11-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #9
kathrynE

don't feel bad. Well go right ahead, the whole thing sucks bigtime. I live in Canada. Live alone so after going thru withdrawal for six mos tired and somewhat discouraged (hah!) And really po'd. These are handed out here like candy but cheaper. Need a rehab facility. Also getting off benzos. More psych candy. Just can't do alone anymore. These drugs literally destroyed everythinh I tried to achieve in ladt 25+ yrs. Wish I lived in uk
kathrynE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
kathrynE

I'd appreciate if Scotty addressed this thought if he might. From when suicidal urges first left when went 2/3 of both effexor and benzos and well enough to do so I've warned everyone I meet on or tinking of taking either. Also do it in normal flow of conversation. I, like I'd guess everyone on here, passionately want to be heard, believed, recognized for who I am not the drugs. When off everything, I would guesstimate 4 to 5 months, want to write on this subject. I write well especially when driven as I am by this topic. Can u please direct me to where I can explore this further and learn my liabilities. In anticipation of a response,
My deepest gratitude
Kathryn
Old 12-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #11
scotty
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynE View Post
I'd appreciate if Scotty addressed this thought if he might. From when suicidal urges first left when went 2/3 of both effexor and benzos and well enough to do so I've warned everyone I meet on or tinking of taking either. Also do it in normal flow of conversation. I, like I'd guess everyone on here, passionately want to be heard, believed, recognized for who I am not the drugs. When off everything, I would guesstimate 4 to 5 months, want to write on this subject. I write well especially when driven as I am by this topic. Can u please direct me to where I can explore this further and learn my liabilities. In anticipation of a response,
My deepest gratitude
Kathryn
I'm not sure what you're asking me to comment on. (I'm a girl, just an FYI, LOL )

MLK
Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #12
kathrynE

Heehee! Scotty was my the name my father was known by. Oops! Sorry. However from my reading you've seemed very knowledgable re: legalities surrounding any attempts of moral or tangible recovery for how our lives have been torn apart. I am still raw from what its done to mine but must for now direct my energies to coping with withdrawal. I am almost off the SSRIs and then the remaining third of benzos to go. In short I wonder if u know of any legal predicament I could face from telling (writing) of my life being almost totally razed by these drugs. (All kinds of profanity could be attached to "drugs" but I'll restrain myself!). Won't reiterate story but there are additional facets including many forms of spousal abuse; the most damaging being of a nature I've never heard of before. From love and respect to complete disregard so that complex ends occurred. I'd spell it out but would want it xxxxed out. I ache to tell of the whole story. I am grateful I have my sanity and am regaining it more as I heal from the drugs only never mind the intricate web of its ramifications that otherwise will die with me. That's it. Can u direct me toward anywhere there would be a market for such but what type of written work could invite legal problems for me.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
scotty
Administrator

You can write whatever you want. The only people who can't tell their stories are those that were involved in the very early lawsuits, which had gag orders attached.

MLK