our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
PaxilDream

Me before paxil and while it was working....

Seen a post a while back similar to this and thought I'd post a little of who I was and hope to return too. Couple pictures of me and my hobbies.

PaxilDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
PaxilDream

Re: Me before paxil and while it was working....

Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
PaxilDream

Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Wld

Love love love this! Thanks for sharing. You're one handsome guy!
Reinstated Celexa 10 mg. 12/14/11
Up to 20mg. 12/21/11 sick, horrible time
Down to 10mg. 2/7/12 giving up reinstating
5mg. 2/15/12.
4mg. 2/27/12.
3mg. 3/7/12
2mg. 3/14/12
1mg. 3/21/12
Last dose 3/27/12

Wld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
SGramer

I play/Played guitar, but since the W/D started I have been really struggling with it.
SGramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
audrealjade

Love the pictures! And sweet amp! You will be back there having fun and playing guitar again I'm sure. Missing music has been one of my biggest struggles. My husband and I used to go to so many concerts and have so much fun!
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week
Off all medication as of 12/17/2011

My story ends with finding out I have Lyme disease which caused my nervous system and hormones to go haywire. Currently in treatment.
www.sabbaticalsoapbox.com

"Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Just keep going, no feeling is final." - Rilke
audrealjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
alivehope

Niiice pictures, you can bring those days back.

on and off paxil from 2004 to 2008
Last pill at 11/7/2008
Severe withdrawal for about 18 months
had a nice life from 18 to 31 months off
80% recovered and was mostly there.

Crashed at 31 months due to severe stress
Took 20mg of paxil at 18/8/2011
Mild withdrawal
Severe PSSD
20% recovered
alivehope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
aberdeen

That's awesome! You'll have that fun back in your life again. It will return!

2005-2010 Effexor XR 112.5mg-262.5mg for PPD
June-Dec 2010 Poop-out (crash)
3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Oct'11 to Nov '12 20mg-10mg
March'13 to Feb'14 9mg -4mg
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
aberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
Wld

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrealjade View Post
My husband and I used to go to so many concerts and have so much fun!
My husband and I used to have a lot of fun too. A lot of fun! You name it, we did it, concerts, sporting events, theater--we NEVER stayed home on weekends. I got a taste of that old me last weekend. It was actually a startling revelation! Looking back the Celexa made me SO apathetic. I just blamed my lack of spontaneity on the fact we were getting older and the kids wore us out and all their activites took up all our free time ( which was true to some degree) but mostly the Celexa gave me the excuse to bow out. I sat out for ten years! TEN!!! I'm looking forward to having that yearn/zest for life again. As it is for now I only get glimpses of my former self-- (like last weekend--sweet memory) but I know the old me is there. Heres to more glimpses for all of us!
Reinstated Celexa 10 mg. 12/14/11
Up to 20mg. 12/21/11 sick, horrible time
Down to 10mg. 2/7/12 giving up reinstating
5mg. 2/15/12.
4mg. 2/27/12.
3mg. 3/7/12
2mg. 3/14/12
1mg. 3/21/12
Last dose 3/27/12

Wld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
aberdeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wld View Post
I just blamed my lack of spontaneity on the fact we were getting older and the kids wore us out and all their activites took up all our free time

I couldn't agree more. I too have been blaming the kids and my age, and I could almost believe it, if it weren't for the fact I see senior citizens with more energy and zest for life than I have, and Moms with more kids than me who still keep up their hobbies with enthusiasm.

3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
Old 03-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
audrealjade

Quote:
My husband and I used to have a lot of fun too. A lot of fun! You name it, we did it, concerts, sporting events, theater--we NEVER stayed home on weekends. I got a taste of that old me last weekend. It was actually a startling revelation! Looking back the Celexa made me SO apathetic. I just blamed my lack of spontaneity on the fact we were getting older and the kids wore us out and all their activites took up all our free time ( which was true to some degree) but mostly the Celexa gave me the excuse to bow out. I sat out for ten years! TEN!!! I'm looking forward to having that yearn/zest for life again. As it is for now I only get glimpses of my former self-- (like last weekend--sweet memory) but I know the old me is there. Heres to more glimpses for all of us!
Amen! I wish I had a glass to cheer with! Your life is going to be beginning again soon and you will never look back!
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week
Off all medication as of 12/17/2011

My story ends with finding out I have Lyme disease which caused my nervous system and hormones to go haywire. Currently in treatment.
www.sabbaticalsoapbox.com

"Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Just keep going, no feeling is final." - Rilke
audrealjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #12
PaxilDream

Quote:
Love love love this! Thanks for sharing. You're one handsome guy!
You are to nice. :-)
Old 03-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
PaxilDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGramer View Post
I play/Played guitar, but since the W/D started I have been really struggling with it.
It has been very hard for me too. Guitar has always been such a huge part of my life and not doing it is tough. I feel it will come back though. I had one day last week where I was able to pick it back up and it was just like it used to be.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #14
PaxilDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrealjade View Post
Love the pictures! And sweet amp! You will be back there having fun and playing guitar again I'm sure. Missing music has been one of my biggest struggles. My husband and I used to go to so many concerts and have so much fun!
Thank you. That was around the time I started being to tired to do anything and really got into building my own amps. I was lucky enough to have some one machine me the emblems.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
SGramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberdeen View Post
I couldn't agree more. I too have been blaming the kids and my age, and I could almost believe it, if it weren't for the fact I see senior citizens with more energy and zest for life than I have, and Moms with more kids than me who still keep up their hobbies with enthusiasm.
I have been fatigued beyond belief. I thought I saw some people mentioning that was a problem with the W/D at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxilDream View Post
It has been very hard for me too. Guitar has always been such a huge part of my life and not doing it is tough. I feel it will come back though. I had one day last week where I was able to pick it back up and it was just like it used to be.
Very frustrating. It takes time to get back to where you were.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
PaxilDream

Quote:
I have been fatigued beyond belief. I thought I saw some people mentioning that was a problem with the W/D at some point.

Very frustrating. It takes time to get back to where you were.
One thing I haven't had was fatigue in withdrawal. I was in poopout for a year and a half and had fatigue bad then though. It is frustrating and I am trying to be patient but it is tough.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
SGramer

Quote:
One thing I haven't had was fatigue in withdrawal. I was in poopout for a year and a half and had fatigue bad then though. It is frustrating and I am trying to be patient but it is tough.
If the Paxil pooped out, wouldn't you be in withdrawals from that point on ?
How are you separating the two events ?
It would seem if the drug stopped working, then you would go into discontinuation syndrome and have W/D effects.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #18
aberdeen

Quote:
It would seem if the drug stopped working, then you would go into discontinuation syndrome and have W/D effects.
Good question, I hope someone has some ideas on this....

Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
Old 03-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #19
PaxilDream

Quote:
That is tough for me to dicern. I spent the better part of the last year and a half of my 5 year paxil use with ringing ears, fatigue, and apothy so bad I was going to doctors to figure out what was wrong with me when paxil was my problem. So I assume that I was in poopout/using withdrawal the whole time but can't say for sure. I was in a bad place and had to go down this even worse place to get to a good place. So 5 months 5 days off I can see growth for sure.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
SGramer

Quote:
That is tough for me to dicern. I spent the better part of the last year and a half of my 5 year paxil use with ringing ears, fatigue, and apothy so bad I was going to doctors to figure out what was wrong with me when paxil was my problem. So I assume that I was in poopout/using withdrawal the whole time but can't say for sure. I was in a bad place and had to go down this even worse place to get to a good place. So 5 months 5 days off I can see growth for sure.
I understand what you mean, and that actually makes sense. It took me several months to figure out it had stopped working for me as well.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
aberdeen

Quote:
See I went through that too, for about a year while on effexor. I actually had a sleep study done, and they could see that I was NOT having REM stage sleep. Prolonged lack of restorative sleep causes fatigue (obviously) but also anhedonia and a host of other things. Maybe it was stemming from that. I don't know if that would be considered poop out or a side effect. I just know that it wasn't like that the entire time I was on Effexor, just near the end.

Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #22
PaxilDream

Quote:
See I went through that too, for about a year while on effexor. I actually had a sleep study done, and they could see that I was NOT having REM stage sleep. Prolonged lack of restorative sleep causes fatigue (obviously) but also anhedonia and a host of other things. Maybe it was stemming from that. I don't know if that would be considered poop out or a side effect. I just know that it wasn't like that the entire time I was on Effexor, just near the end.
I totally feel you here. It is very hard to to figure out what it is. One thing is for sure is that SSRIs do cause problems in our health that just keep adding up. I believe this all happens in poopout. I think we reach a point where we are in withdrawal while still no the medicine combined with our body's beginning to see the drug as a type of poison or a cog in the wheel. I also had a sleep study done but passed.

We end up being treated for symptoms and taking more drugs and actual problems arise like my diabetes that when not on paxil completely went away. I have no doubt that many people are getting heath issues related to SSRI use. I just can't wait for this all to be in my past.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #23
aberdeen

I hear you, just lets get on with living! I honestly never knew how precious the little things in life I took for granted were. Life is so flavourless at best, despairing and scary at the worst lately. I haven't been right in over 2 years. I think when this is done we'll be stronger more grateful people. Diabetes that went away after paxil, that's crazy stuff!

Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #24
PaxilDream

Quote:
I hear you, just lets get on with living! I honestly never knew how precious the little things in life I took for granted were. Life is so flavourless at best, despairing and scary at the worst lately. I haven't been right in over 2 years. I think when this is done we'll be stronger more grateful people. Diabetes that went away after paxil, that's crazy stuff!
Yeah it was crazy but you can't deny quantifying evidence like failing a1c and glucose intolerence tests. Taking metformin and changing diet. My numbers came in check and then still felt tired. Upon quiting Paxil no more metformin, numbers are perfect, passed a1c and glucose test, diet is back to normal. No longer do I feel a crash after eating certain carbs and sugars. Never really had a bad diet to begin with.

I too hope this will be a huge learning expierence for me and over all life lesson with perspective I can use to grow as a human.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
aberdeen

Whoa, bells just went off.....I too would crash hugely after eating! My sugars tested fine, but I never did a fasting glucose test, just a regular one. I kind of forgot all about that era for me....but come to think of it, it doesn't happen anymore. I'm still on Paxil, but if you took an equivalent amount of Paxil to equal the amount of Effexor I was on, it would be 60mg I believe. So since coming down, I guess the problem corrected itself. I remember now...I even tried the Atkins Diet at the time....and this was during that fatigue period. It's coming back to me, going to pick my son up at school 15 minutes late because I fell asleep on the couch with the car keys in my hand ready to go get him. Showed up late after the school's phonecall woke me, with a key imprint on my forehead because I fell asleep with my head against my hand, just sort of tipped over on the couch. Oh yes, it's all coming back.

Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg