our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Mantaray

Testosterone or SSRI effects on SSRI

So in my tapering I have continued to meet with the psychiatrist. In our discussions we decided to do a blood test to look to see if there is anything physical that could cause anxiety/mood issues/insomnia.
I know one big thing about anxiety is just accepting it for what it is. Im not 100% there but I am okay with it and now okay with dieing, which was a big driver of my anxiety.
From the blood tests my testosterone has come back low all 3 times a 244, 299, 235, with the serum being 6.0. I am 33 years old and an Endo I was referred to says this is way low for my age. She ordered an MRI on my brain which came back fine and wants to start treatment with androgel.
My questions are can SSRI use slow production of T or is this genetics? Would T treatment help my overall mood and make me physically feel better?
I am hesitant to think T treatment would help anything other than physically but who know.

I am currently on 15 mg of remeron and 4 mg liquid lexapro.
Over the last 8 months I tapered off remeron. Sleep was still horrible so I went back on it. I have been tapering Lexapro for probably 5 months down from 10mg.
Mantaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
scotty
Administrator

Re: Testosterone or SSRI effects on SSRI

This seems to be the latest, excuse the word, but "Fad" for doctors. Low testosterone doesn't cause anxiety. True low testosterone would be more fatigue related.

I always tell people that unless you know what your testosterone was before,then the number you are seeing now is useless since it's a snapshot in time and may have been your "normal" for years.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote