our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
audrealjade

Needing Reassurance

The past three days have just been awful in every way. This depression and dp/dr is just so crushing I don't even feel alive. Honestly - I feel like I don't even exist. Does anyone else have similar experiences?

I start to think there is something very, very wrong with me. Please tell me this is the climax before some sort of window?

I never in my life thought anyone could feel so truly, brutally awful before. I want it to end so badly.

I'm so sorry for the rant - I'm just reaching out badly.
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week
Off all medication as of 12/17/2011

My story ends with finding out I have Lyme disease which caused my nervous system and hormones to go haywire. Currently in treatment.
www.sabbaticalsoapbox.com

"Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Just keep going, no feeling is final." - Rilke
audrealjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
Lindelea

Re: Needing Reassurance

I've had experiences like that, I still do, I get very existentialist and start thinking of life and why do we live? and I become very aware of everything, sometimes I feel I'm not real and stuff like that. It will pass, there is nothing wrong with you, it's just a stage...
April 2011 - April 2012 / Paxil Free
April 2012 - Today / 20mg Paxil

This is an unknown awareness

(I've also tried Lamictal and Trileptal)
Lindelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
trixiemom

Audrealjade, I wish I could help you, because I'm in the depths of withdrawal myself right now (still weaning). I know how you feel with thinking something is really wrong with you, but there isn't.

I talked with a therapist yesterday and she assured me that everything I'm feeling is NOT ME. It's NOT REAL. It's withdrawal. And yes, it sucks. But I'm not going crazy, there is nothing wrong with me. She taught me how to do some grounding techniques. Have you done that at all?

Also, if you haven't spoken with anyone yet... I highly recommend it! I bawled my eyes out yesterday because it was so comforting to have a professional tell me I'm not crazy and this is what withdrawal is... and help me learn how to deal with these feelings.
trixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
audrealjade

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiemom View Post
Audrealjade, I wish I could help you, because I'm in the depths of withdrawal myself right now (still weaning). I know how you feel with thinking something is really wrong with you, but there isn't.

I talked with a therapist yesterday and she assured me that everything I'm feeling is NOT ME. It's NOT REAL. It's withdrawal. And yes, it sucks. But I'm not going crazy, there is nothing wrong with me. She taught me how to do some grounding techniques. Have you done that at all?

Also, if you haven't spoken with anyone yet... I highly recommend it! I bawled my eyes out yesterday because it was so comforting to have a professional tell me I'm not crazy and this is what withdrawal is... and help me learn how to deal with these feelings.
Oh that is so wonderful! I'm so happy you have a professional that actually acknowledges what you are going through! What sort of grounding techniques do you use?
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week

My story ends with finding out I have Lyme disease which caused my nervous system and hormones to go haywire. Currently in treatment.

"Let everything happen to you, beauty and terror. Just keep going, no feeling is final." - Rilke
Old 03-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
trixiemom

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrealjade View Post
Oh that is so wonderful! I'm so happy you have a professional that actually acknowledges what you are going through! What sort of grounding techniques do you use?

It is awesome, she told me she was actually angry at my doctor for the initial taper schedule he had me on! And she was like, I want you to call me and let me know what he says after you talk to him about how it's unacceptable! LOL

The grounding technique she gave me is to sit and have my feet firmly planted on the ground and put my hands on my legs. And tell myself. My feet are on the ground. I'm touching my legs. I feel the sun. Things like that. That you are REAL and that you can feel things you touch, you feel the sun, a breeze, etc. She also told my husband to sit next to me and put his hand on my leg and talk to me. It helps me now too, when my dog is next to me and I touch her and tell myself see... you're here. You can feel her soft, fuzzy fur. I can smell the flowers. Or dinner cooking. TELL yourself you have all your senses. I only learned about these yesterday, but so far it helps!

She also told me to use deep breathing techniques and progressive relaxation. And that if my husband can do it with me it's helpful too... to make me feel less "alone" in the process.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
Wld

This just INFURIATES me that you are still having to go thru this. I don't know how reassuring this is but I do think it gets worse right before it gets better. Last Fri. I was in the depths of despair and low and behold Sat. morning I woke up feeling fine. It only lasted 2 days, the little window I had, but it was enough to convince me I still am in there.

At the risk of being chastised....I know with your missed periods and the rash and this long drawn out dr/dp episode, have you spoken with a doctor? These all sound like classic stress related symptoms but I think you should make sure. I mean I KNOW you're a smart girl, you've probably thought about all this...and you've definitely been educated enough around here to not accept any more psych drugs but I'd hate for there to be actually something wrong with you and we're missing it.

We care too much about you to let something happen to you, go get checked out.
Reinstated Celexa 10 mg. 12/14/11
Up to 20mg. 12/21/11 sick, horrible time
Down to 10mg. 2/7/12 giving up reinstating
5mg. 2/15/12.
4mg. 2/27/12.
3mg. 3/7/12
2mg. 3/14/12
1mg. 3/21/12
Last dose 3/27/12

Wld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
miriza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wld View Post
This just INFURIATES me that you are still having to go thru this. I don't know how reassuring this is but I do think it gets worse right before it gets better. Last Fri. I was in the depths of despair and low and behold Sat. morning I woke up feeling fine. It only lasted 2 days, the little window I had, but it was enough to convince me I still am in there.

At the risk of being chastised....I know with your missed periods and the rash and this long drawn out dr/dp episode, have you spoken with a doctor? These all sound like classic stress related symptoms but I think you should make sure. I mean I KNOW you're a smart girl, you've probably thought about all this...and you've definitely been educated enough around here to not accept any more psych drugs but I'd hate for there to be actually something wrong with you and we're missing it.

We care too much about you to let something happen to you, go get checked out.
I second this, BUT DON'T LET THEM GIVE YOU ANY DRUGS!!!!!!!
Imipramine:
37.5 mg -> 0 (1 mo,10/08/11): akathisia!
5 mg -> 0 (1 mo,11/29/11)
Now in w/d hell and missing my old self.
Please go to http://www.askapatient.com and leave a review of your med(s) and w/d experience.
miriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
audrealjade

Thank you Wld! I'm currently at a Gyno appointment today and then I have another appointment with a doctor on April 19th. I think this withdrawal has just put severe stress on my body which is why my period has halted itself and I have the stress rash. I'm going to ask that they test my hormones. But if they come back imbalanced I will need advice on whether to take something or to ride it out until they stabilize.
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week

Old 03-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
lotusflower

Quote:
The past three days have just been awful in every way. This depression and dp/dr is just so crushing I don't even feel alive. Honestly - I feel like I don't even exist. Does anyone else have similar experiences?
Yes, I do. I've had the darkest depression of my life since I started my taper over a year ago. I was not in any way depressed when I started taking zoloft. And yes, I have felt like I don't exist...don't know if it is dp/dr but it can be, I'm sure. The past month has been particularly hard but I'm thankfully experiencing some relief today and for the past few days. While I was feeling that, I believed I was stuck there, but it did lift. Posting here helps and I'm glad you did, sending a big hug and healing thoughts, joannexo

11/25/10 50 mg. zoloft 12/30 45
1/19/11 40.5 2/6 36.5 3/7 32.8
3/29 29.5 4/20 25 5/28 22.5
6/16 20.2 7/7 18.2 7/28 16.4
8/18 14.7 9/8 13.0 9/23 12.5
10/10 11.2 11/6 10.6 11/9 11.2
12/7 10.5 1/1/12 10 2/1 9.5
3/1 9 3/23 8.5 4/30 8
5/29 7.5 6/26 7 7/31 6.5
8/22 6 9/15 5.5 10/20 5
12/17 4.8 (made my own liquid)
12/26 4.5 1/28 4.1 2/4 4.0
February 9, 2013 last sliver zoloft 4.0mg.
February 10, 2013- 0 mg. zoloft
lotusflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
aberdeen

I'm so sorry you have to feel like this! I know how black depression can feel. Earlier on, I had days where it almost physically HURT to think of living another hour let alone start a whole new day at the beginning and do it again. For the bad DR and DP someone once suggested tactile things, like holding an ice cube, or touching something soft, or warm, to remind you of your senses, like trixiemom suggested.This WILL pass, depression isn't permanent, and what you are going through is something that has to come to an end because it is part of the process of healing. You weren't depressed before, and since these meds don't do permanent changes within us, then logic tells us that this crappy feelings really are temporary. You've got some serious time under your belt already, and you don't have to do a single one of those days again. Each one was a step closer to being well again, and that progress can't be undone. Just rest in it, and breathe, no one expects you to do anything else, than just breathe and move through the day. It's so so hard, I know. I pray for you and all of us here. We'll have better days soon.

2005-2010 Effexor XR 112.5mg-262.5mg for PPD
June-Dec 2010 Poop-out (crash)
3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Oct'11 to Nov '12 20mg-10mg
March'13 to Feb'14 9mg -4mg
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
aberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
Wld

Oh Aberdeen could you come live with me and tell me this everyday!
Reinstated Celexa 10 mg. 12/14/11
Up to 20mg. 12/21/11 sick, horrible time
Down to 10mg. 2/7/12 giving up reinstating
5mg. 2/15/12.
4mg. 2/27/12.
3mg. 3/7/12
2mg. 3/14/12
1mg. 3/21/12
Last dose 3/27/12

Wld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
caperjackie

Yes it will pass! I too had crushing depression as part of this process and had never ever had it before in my life. I truly believe that the really tough times are when the biggest amount of healing is going on - at least it seemed to be that way for me. This chemically induced stuff can be brutal though ..... so hang in there - better times are coming.
2 failed attempts at cold turkey
Tapered for over a year by skipping one dose per week each month
Paxil free since April 14th 2011
Still having withdrawal symptoms but getting better
LIFE IS GOOD TOTALLY DRUG FREE
Supplements - Fish oils, Cal/mag, GABA
September 2012 - Supplement free and feeling great
caperjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
audrealjade

I don't know what I would do without you guys my pp family. I really just care for you all so much and hope that we all see brighter days coming soon. Thank you, thank you for the support!

I know Wld I wish Aberdeen had audio CDs that I could play when I am feeling bad!
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week

Old 03-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
aberdeen

Quote:
I don't know what I would do without you guys my pp family. I really just care for you all so much and hope that we all see brighter days coming soon. Thank you, thank you for the support!

I know Wld I wish Aberdeen had audio CDs that I could play when I am feeling bad!
You guys are funny,lol. I'm no expert I just remember comforting things other people have said. When I had my daughter, I had her at home naturally, and although it was amazing it was painful at times, and my midwife would rub my back and say "that contraction is over, you'll never have to do it again and it moved you one step closer to having your baby" and it helped me focus on how productive the pain was and I was moving forward even when I felt stuck and desperate. I just changed it for this experience tell myself that all the time. I just wish this experience only lasted a day or so too!

3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
Old 03-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
miriza

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberdeen View Post
You guys are funny,lol. I'm no expert I just remember comforting things other people have said. When I had my daughter, I had her at home naturally, and although it was amazing it was painful at times, and my midwife would rub my back and say "that contraction is over, you'll never have to do it again and it moved you one step closer to having your baby" and it helped me focus on how productive the pain was and I was moving forward even when I felt stuck and desperate. I just changed it for this experience tell myself that all the time. I just wish this experience only lasted a day or so too!
Yes, aberdeen! I agree that childbirth is WAY easier than withdrawal and you get a prize at the end! Even the 9 uncomfortable months of pregnancy and the first 3 months after the baby is born and we don't sleep are a walk in the park compared to w/d! At least for me!
Imipramine:
Please go to http://www.askapatient.com and leave a review of your med(s) and w/d experience.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #16
trixiemom

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriza View Post
Yes, aberdeen! I agree that childbirth is WAY easier than withdrawal and you get a prize at the end! Even the 9 uncomfortable months of pregnancy and the first 3 months after the baby is born and we don't sleep are a walk in the park compared to w/d! At least for me!
This makes me excited! I'm weaning off paxil so I can be a mommy and I'm so utterly scared that I will never be mentally, emotionally or physically health enough to have a baby now. But the good thing is that pregnancy will probably seem easier after all this!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
miriza

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiemom View Post
This makes me excited! I'm weaning off paxil so I can be a mommy and I'm so utterly scared that I will never be mentally, emotionally or physically health enough to have a baby now. But the good thing is that pregnancy will probably seem easier after all this!
I had a long hard labor...what they call prodromal labor...I labored at home for over a week with extremely painful contractions every night but they never got regular enough for me to warrant going to the the hospital...Well, when they got regular they were just 1 minute apart, which basically means that the baby is about to come out...so by a miracle of God we made it to the hospital and I delivered my baby in 5 minutes without pain meds all while my husband was looking for a parking spot and missed the birth. Many say that I was lucky to have a 5 minute labor...but really, I had week-long labor pains on & off. This experience was NOTHING compared to withdrawal...and I got a prize at the end (a beautiful baby girl) and forgot about the pain of childbirth the day after.

In fact, I tell my husband that I'd rather deliver a baby every single day (even without pain meds) than go through withdrawal...This withdrawal has been THAT bad for me.
Imipramine:
Old 03-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #18
aberdeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriza View Post
I agree wholeheartedly!

Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
Old 03-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
lmac

I too get that crushing depression. It physically hurts and I feel like I can't take another hour of it either. Then it lifts. This is why it scares me because now I sit and wait for the next one (although when it lifts, I still don't feel fine, just more functional but with everlasting anxiety). I too believe 100% that labour was a walk in the park compared to this. I will take physical pain anyday over mental anguish!! Everyone, I'm 6.5 months since off Zoloft. Things got the worst for me in Feb (I actually could no longe work and am still not working) BUT, I am starting to have SOME slight times of feeling normal (where I can go to a movie or get groceries ect). The pain was 24/7 in all of Feb and most of March. I'm seeing SOME glimpes in the last couple of weeks. I still fall super deep when the bad stuff comes back everyday but these glimpes MUST mean something. For instance, Thursday was one of the WORST days for my crushing depression feelings, panic/anxiety - no releif for thet 24 hour period. Then Friday I woke up feeling some hope, less anxiety (but still there) but some releif at least all day until again I heard some disturbing news in the evening. Because I'm so over sensitive right now this news pulled me back down. (Heard about yet another suicide. That's 2 in 3 days). Of course with my obsession of suicide this news just got me scared all over again that my thoughts of it might turn real and what if I listen and do it. This is a vicious cycle. My therapist suggested all the same stuff of touch and being in the present moment and to actually let the emotions flow, don't try to stop them but also don't try to label them or make a story out of them. Just let them flow and try to carry on with your day!!
I'm so proud of everyone here and all the words of encouragement. This site really is a godsend. All of you are!! Thanks you from the bottom of my heart!
- 2009 - 20-0 mg paxil in 5 mnths(with prozac)
- 2009 (Dec): reinstated after 4 mnths off (crash)
- 2009 Dec -2010 Nov: Paxil 20mg
- 2010 Nov: switched to Zoloft 50mg (Paxil poop)
- 2011 Mar: tapered Zoloft (5.5 mnths)
- March: 37.5mg for 2 weeks
- April: 25 mg for 2 weeks
- April: 12.5mg for 18 weeks
AD free since Sept 4th, 2011
- Feb - March 2012: Crashed
- May 2012 - Finally seeing SOME real windows
lmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #20
Irishwill

Audrea,

I hope you are doing better. You supported me so I want to be here for you! Everything you feel I want you to know I feel too. I have had a terrible week to say the least you are not alone. If ever you are feeling so hopeless come on here let us all know so we can be there for you. This sucks I know but I wish you the best and hope you come out of it soon.

Irish
Old 03-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #21
sid82

Audrealjade,

Your DP/DR has not resolved for months now,do you also have fatigue?

When i had DP/DR i pushed myself to the gym,it was very very difficult but after working out for 30 mins the DP/DR did go away...but came back hours later...may be you can give it a shot..

I hope your DP/DR goes away,its the worst of all the symptoms.

I had DP/DR for 3 months and i was lost mentally.....
Lamictal May 2011- 4 weeks titrating from 25mg to 50 mg.-CT after sleeping for 17 hrs a day.
Pristiq-Since Aug 2011
works perfect-except vivid dreams and zero motivation.
want to be med free desperately.depression due to stupidity (cyberchondria) no issues in life.
sid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #22
obliviousjo

You ok today audrealjade?? Hope so
Lyrica 2007- 2010 ?
Cymbalta 60 mg. 2005-2011
75 mg.Effexor (Venlafaxine) march 2011
Remeron march 2011-jan 2012 ct off
Last Effexor ( venlafaxine) feb 10 2012 Had to CT after very short wean....Severely allergic to it
obliviousjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #23
lmac

Audrealjade - hope your appointment went well today. We're thinking about you.
- 2009 - 20-0 mg paxil in 5 mnths(with prozac)
- 2009 (Dec): reinstated after 4 mnths off (crash)
- 2009 Dec -2010 Nov: Paxil 20mg
- 2010 Nov: switched to Zoloft 50mg (Paxil poop)
- 2011 Mar: tapered Zoloft (5.5 mnths)
- March: 37.5mg for 2 weeks
- April: 25 mg for 2 weeks
- April: 12.5mg for 18 weeks
AD free since Sept 4th, 2011
- Feb - March 2012: Crashed
- May 2012 - Finally seeing SOME real windows
lmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #24
aberdeen

Maybe she's having a good window and is taking a break, hope so!!!

Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #25
audrealjade

Hey guys! So I have been doing some serious researching and figuring things out and I have blood tests next week as well but I think all of my issues stem from being hypothyroid! My grandma has this as well and with the cysts and everything else I truly believe that is what my issue is. The hard part is waiting this week until I get into the doctor and part of me wants to kick myself for waiting so long.

I read about how people with thyroid issues shouldn't take antihistamines and SSRI's are exactly that. So I think all of that ties in together. When I look back at all the health issues I have had in my past hypothyroidism is the missing piece for me. The fatigue, anxiety and DP/DR are so bad right now but I still try to use the tools I've learned here to get through it.

Much love to you guys and I will be posting again soon! I can't wait till we all can share our success stories of being our own health advocates and living the lives we were meant to.
7.5mg - 1 week
5mg - 1 week
2.5mg - 1 week