our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
Lindelea

have anybody heard of the "triad technique"??

Hello everybody, I just ran into a website promoting a "solution" for anxiety and panic disorders, it's called "the triad technique", I heard a recording of a lady speaking and explaining how it would help and BLAHBLAHBLAH, the recording lasted A LOT, I ended up yelling at my computer screen stuff like "TELL MEEEEE, JUST TELL ME OMG!!!", but she didn't say what was it about, cause you have to pay like 80$ first, so... I'm just curious, I'd like to know if somebody here have heard about it
April 2011 - April 2012 / Paxil Free
April 2012 - Today / 20mg Paxil

This is an unknown awareness

(I've also tried Lamictal and Trileptal)
Lindelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
iwantpeace

Re: have anybody heard of the "triad technique"??

There are 100's of solutions out there, none of which are going to cure your anxiety or panic -especially if they are asking you to buy it.

There is 1 solution though - CBT. This doesn't 'cure' anxiety but helps you learn to manage it and not react to it, making you feel 'cured'.

Don't be drawn in to all these stupid 'techniques', you'll just end up wasting your money.

Go buy 'hope and help for your nerves' by Claire Weekes - the book is a bit dated in some aspects, but EXTREMELY helpful in others.

Good Luck,

L
Feb 2011-July 2011 - 10mg
July 2011- Sept 2011- 30MG
Sept 2011-Nov 2011- 25mg -17.5mg
Nov 2011- JAN 12: 17.5mg -1.25mg
January 27th 2012- PAXIL FREE
Started Zoloft mid Nov 2011 - currently at 100mg
Feb 8 2012 - Zoloft 75mg
early April 2012
April 11 2012: 62mg - compounding pharmacy - side effects at 75mg not acceptable
April 21 2012 - 50mg - feel much better - staying here for a while.
iwantpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Lindelea

I agree
April 2011 - April 2012 / Paxil Free
April 2012 - Today / 20mg Paxil

This is an unknown awareness

(I've also tried Lamictal and Trileptal)
Lindelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
rangerNY
Administrator
Wax on. Wax off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantpeace View Post
There are 100's of solutions out there, none of which are going to cure your anxiety or panic -especially if they are asking you to buy it.

There is 1 solution though - CBT. This doesn't 'cure' anxiety but helps you learn to manage it and not react to it, making you feel 'cured'.

Don't be drawn in to all these stupid 'techniques', you'll just end up wasting your money.

Go buy 'hope and help for your nerves' by Claire Weekes - the book is a bit dated in some aspects, but EXTREMELY helpful in others.

Good Luck,

L
EXCELLENT advice! CBT and exposure work. Its proven time and again.

In terms of self-help stuff, nobody really needs to spend more than about $25 if you want to buy a few of Dr. Weekes' books. I think Hope And Help For Your Nerves is like $6.95 plus shipping from Amazon. Everyone else out there is either re-hashing her stuff (I do it myself all the time!) or just offering ridiculous advice.

I actually know of one guy that is selling anxiety "coaching" services for a fee. His solution when you feel that wave of heat that sometimes accompanies panic? Stick your head in the freezer. I kid you not. He expects people to pay him for that kind of info. Sadly, I'm sure some do. People will just keep searching for some magic method that will make it all go away without experiencing any fear or discomfort. No such thing.