our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia Issues in Withdrawal
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia Issues in Withdrawal Feel like anxiety is controlling your life? Is it anxiety or withdrawal? This forum can provide information on how to recognize anxiety for what it is and techniques to take back your life.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
kathrynE

can extreme stress retrigger withdrawal symptoms gone

Since end of Feb 2012 all but trouble sleeping withdrawal symptoms from Effexor had pretty much gone. The last week I have encountered extreme stressors and feel like a walking vibrator (I guess as never even saw one - yes I know I've led a sheltered life lol.) The next sentence will positively convince u of this!!! I live alone and now apt I'm in has bedbugs again. Last outbreak was Christmas. My first Christmas alone. Family is estranged. The landlord has singled me out as one bringing in and has broadcast this throughout rest of tenants. I cannot afford to move for 2 months so am exhausted preparing place to spray tomorrow. Financially in trouble as this time bought sealed plastic containers to put 15 loads of laundry done, items hot steamed then again stored sealed in plastic etc etc and handling stigma attached to anyone with bedbugs and resulting isolation and other things. I was doing very well for almost a month. Would anyone be kind enough to comment and/or give helpful suggestions. I had a guest who had to leave today and had to cancel another visitor from out of town scheduled to arrive Fri night as landlord has within their legal rights imposed a 90 day ban on any overnight guests though daytime visitors is fine. They can stay all day. Explain the great wisdom in that one to me lol? I am eating well and keeping hydrated and still taking Omega 3.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any helpful responses.

Warm Regards,
Kathryn
July15,2011 hosp put on 150mg effexor 4mg rivotril
Oct 15,2011 75mg effexor 4mg rivotril
Dec 15, 2011 37.5mg effexor 4mg rivotil to present
Jan 15, 2012 0mg effexor 4mg rivotril-hanging in
Other meds: elavil 100mg bed, apo-lansoprazoleDR 30mg am + bed, synthroid 175mcg am, nizatidine 300mg bed, ramipril 5mg am.
day 9 mos enough for awhile
kathrynE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
kathrynE

Re: can extreme stress retrigger withdrawal symptoms gone

PS. I have someone helping me to make rent and some personal support.
Again
Kathryn
July15,2011 hosp put on 150mg effexor 4mg rivotril
Oct 15,2011 75mg effexor 4mg rivotril
Dec 15, 2011 37.5mg effexor 4mg rivotil to present
Jan 15, 2012 0mg effexor 4mg rivotril-hanging in
Other meds: elavil 100mg bed, apo-lansoprazoleDR 30mg am + bed, synthroid 175mcg am, nizatidine 300mg bed, ramipril 5mg am.
day 9 mos enough for awhile
kathrynE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
caperjackie

Saw an interesting show on bedbugs last week and they said that they all die at temperatures higher than 120 degrees. If you have some way of getting your apartment up to that heat it may take care of the problem. And yes - have found that stress does indeed ramp up the WD symptoms. All that adrenalin surging through the body takes a while to dissipate. Good luck .....
2 failed attempts at cold turkey
Tapered for over a year by skipping one dose per week each month
Paxil free since April 14th 2011
Still having withdrawal symptoms but getting better
LIFE IS GOOD TOTALLY DRUG FREE
Supplements - Fish oils, Cal/mag, GABA
September 2012 - Supplement free and feeling great
caperjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
Ana Q

Agreed. My W/D skyrocketed with stress that I was going through at the same time. Also, I did read somewhere once about bedbugs causing mental distress. May want to google and check it out. Good luck!
Zoloft 50mg - May '11 - June '11
Paxil 20mg - July 2011 to current

*Reinstatement has been a long road, but I finally made it. I hope one day to be paxil free again.
You don't have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you. - Dan Millman
Ana Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
Bruno2006

Saw this and am wondering the same thing. Stress in general causes major health problems so I would imagine that someone who already has anxiety issues would be more sensitive to it. Same goes wd. For sure the drugs do something to our stress response system bc when we are on them, we generally handle stress very well. After the drugs, the system seems way more sensitive.
2009: stopped effexor cold turkey because I could not afford it, switched to zoloft (100mg)
2010: Zoloft taper failed, switched to celexa (30mg)
October 2011: Tapered celexa in one week

"Pain in life is inevitable but suffering is not. Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional."
Bruno2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
nicole55

Quote:
Originally Posted by caperjackie View Post
Saw an interesting show on bedbugs last week and they said that they all die at temperatures higher than 120 degrees. If you have some way of getting your apartment up to that heat it may take care of the problem. And yes - have found that stress does indeed ramp up the WD symptoms. All that adrenalin surging through the body takes a while to dissipate. Good luck .....
Yes they actually have companies that specialize in this, they come in and basically wrap your house, or tent it, so it's more airtight and then blast the heat in. Very cool when you think about it, and NO CHEMICALS.
reason for taking: anxiety
how long taking: 5yrs
attempts to stop: 4th attempt worked!! (first 2 tries w/doctor too fast, 3rd try found this place-5mg drops-still too fast)

briefly went back to ssri's- 12/07 tried Zoloft in desperation//awful side effects starting up, tapered quickly after only 4 weeks on

10/13 doing good, don't care for my job-need to work on that
nicole55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
LonelyGirl

I lived the same thing, if I am stressed and lacking sleep a major crisis may occur, especially is I am near my lady days. Try to take everything as it is, the bed bugs are a serious and stressing problem, try to make your landlord pay for the heat treatment of your appartment, it works wonder to a lot of people, but don't let them get into your head, think that it is a temporary problem that will get better. Don't have people over as they may catch the bed bugs, you never know when one of those bastards will crawl into your coat, louge, or etc. Try to get out, I know that when money is tight getting out seems like a luxery, but you can have nice walks in the park, or read a nice book in the public library or just use your computer in a mall or cafe. Look for affortable things to do, even volunteering jobs are a great distraction from your problems, and you will get to help people and feel useful and appreciated. Best wishes, LonelyGirl
LonelyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote