our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
PaxilDream

Ah the insomnia.......

Insomnia is a whole new beast to me in my life. I am now 5 months and like 13 days off paxil and not had more than 4-5 hours sleep in 12 days. I did have about a 3 week bout of insomnia a month back but not this bad or consistent. The 3 week deal would be like 2 or 3 nights good and then 2 to 3 good. This latest bout is every night. I lay down and fall alseep pretty well but my body jerks me awake imediatly. The jerks or real violent either and the weird thing is when my muscles tense up they feel like they deflate slowly.

The crazy thing is being so tired but still making it to work and functioning all day. The good thing is I have actually felt pretty good since this past saturday and as bad as this is I'll take this all day over the mental problems I was having. I am hoping so much that I am getting past the mental problems. I am doing ok like this really. I am just trying to sleep (doing all the suggestions I have read here) and if I can't I just stay awake until it happens. No sense in laying there worrying about it.

I do feel real lucky to not be waking up at night or going through this with anxiety on top of it so I feel blessed for that. So nothing is really working but I'll just take it for what it is and move on. This has to be another step in the right direction anyway and wish me luck that I might be past some of the hard mental problems.
PaxilDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
LCrawford67
"Freakishly Optimistic"

Re: Ah the insomnia.......

If it's of any help, I normally function on 5 hours sleep a night and I'm over four years past paxil. For me, it's just middle age, but insomnia is insomnia and it sucks.

When I quit Paxil the first time, cold turkey, the insomnia was terrible. When I tapered too fast the second time, I was so sick that all I did was sleep. After I tapered properly, my sleeping patterns regulated but then, I turned 41 and all hell broke loose. Like you, I still function and really, I'm not tired at all during the day, like you'd think I would be. However, when it first started, it really freaked me out and that made it worse. Now, I just accept it and move on and thank the good Lord for the sleep I do get!

Paxil, 20 mg since 1997, for IBS
Two unsuccessful attempts to quit.
Started tapering 11/27/06
PAXIL FREE 12/29/07

Today is the best day, EVER!
LCrawford67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
PaxilDream

Yeah I am really doing well with it. I am just functioning that is for sure and extrememly tired. I try to nap but can't so I just figure what is the point and just stay awake. The crazy thing is I have read about many people having a period of sleeping all the time and then insomnia. I have now experieced both but in different ways than others have. I was sleeping 8 hours at night and 3 hour naps towards the end of using paxil but since coming off had great normal sleep without needing naps. That lasted about 4 months after stopping paxil and now it is insomnia. Like we read a million times here it is different for everyone.
PaxilDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
jheaney1

My sleep patterns have changed a great deal while I've been tapering. For a while, it was only 3-4 hours a night, then it was 9-10, then it was 8 for a while. I'm sleeping about 7 right now. I think sleep is one of the things that gets modified by SSRI use and it takes a while for the body to re adjust. I think it will eventually even out. I'm just glad I'm past the night terror phase of withdrawal, that was the worst for me.
8-2011: 20mg
9-2011: 15mg
10-2011: 10mg
11-2011: 0mg
1-2012: (crash) 10mg
4-24-12: 9mg
6-11-12: 8.1mg
7-26-12: 7.5mg
9-24-12: 6.8mg
11-11-12: 6mg
2-14-13: 5mg
7-21-13 4.5mg
jheaney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Wld

Yeah I don't plan on allowing insomnia anywhere near me. I cringe at the thought. Right now I'm dead tired around 9:00--fall asleep in my chair drooling kind of tired and can barely drag myself up the stairs to bed. This is new, i haven't fallen asleep in my chair for months. Fall asleep right away and then wake up every morning around 3 or 4 from arguing with someone about something in my head. It's so weird, I don't remember anything but know something's REALLY pissing me off. Strange. Been about 5 days now. I take two Tylenol and can usually fall back asleep. That's the pattern I'm in right now. If it stayed this way, I could definitely live with it. Chances are...it won't. Hope you get some sleep tonight Paxildream.
Reinstated Celexa 10 mg. 12/14/11
Up to 20mg. 12/21/11 sick, horrible time
Down to 10mg. 2/7/12 giving up reinstating
5mg. 2/15/12.
4mg. 2/27/12.
3mg. 3/7/12
2mg. 3/14/12
1mg. 3/21/12
Last dose 3/27/12

Wld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
Kay2020

I have been up and down, each drop back before I hit 3.0mgs was so different, some I could not sleep hardly and some was just right. After so many drops with this issue I just let it happen and not stress about it, Because I was sick of stressing about it I guess.

I can sleep now (it is really cool like within mins of laying down!) but I also have in the back of my head know that it can change.

Kay2020 is offline   Reply With Quote