our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Family Support
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Family Support Paxil affects whole families. This forum is to support those closest to our hearts (spouses, partners, brothers, sisters etc.) who need help to understand and support.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-02-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Sadme

Are adverse reaction symptoms / irritability worse in the morning?

My exH has been 'better' mood wise since reducing prozac but is still irritable, manipulative, blaming etc etc.... I think I read that this 'mood' can be worse in the mornings - is that right?

Thanks!
Sadme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
LCrawford67
"Freakishly Optimistic"

Re: Are adverse reaction symptoms / irritability worse in the morning?

Cortisol levels are at their highest in the morning, so this could explain his irritability

Paxil, 20 mg since 1997, for IBS
Two unsuccessful attempts to quit.
Started tapering 11/27/06
PAXIL FREE 12/29/07

Today is the best day, EVER!
LCrawford67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
Sadme

Thanks LC67..... sadme goes to google cortisol.....
Old 04-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadme View Post
My exH has been 'better' mood wise since reducing prozac but is still irritable, manipulative, blaming etc etc.... I think I read that this 'mood' can be worse in the mornings - is that right?

Thanks!
Does he take his medication in the morning? I'd say a person would have worse symptoms around that time because the level would be at it's lowest point of the day thus worse withdrawal symptoms. The difference would be smaller with prozac but it would still be lower.

Knowledge speaks ....... Wisdom listens

Charlie

www.ThePaxilProtest.com
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
Sadme

Hi Charlie
Think he takes them during the day - so that is possible that its his lowest time.... actually thinking about it I think he has insomnia too so perhaps the mornings are also crap for that reason.
The reason I asked is that he had been so reasonable the other evening then caused an argument and completely lied about something at the weekend (one of those things that are so clearly untrue), so I wondered if it was a morning thing.... but I suppose I need to accept that it was the reasonableness that was the anomaly in his behaviour, perhaps he just reverted to type :-(
Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
Charlie

One aspect that makes this very difficult for you is that you have no idea when of if he takes the prozac.

I was thinking tonight that because prozac metabolizes so slowly the levels in a person's blood hav to increase every day if they take regular doses.

I know it's not easy and with all of the turmoil it's especially hard to grasp something as complex as the way these drugs effect people. The good thing is that you don't have to do all of the research yourself. There are more people now that have lived it and realize what happened who are willing to help if they can.

Knowledge speaks ....... Wisdom listens

Charlie

www.ThePaxilProtest.com
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #7
Sadme

Thanks Charlie - its just a shame so many people have gone through this.... he moved out a few months ago so he could be doing anything with his meds.... but he is resolute they are not the problem (I am), so I do think he is taking them now, but he has forgotten to take them in the past and seems to be very muddled at the moment so I dont know how regularly he is taking them or even if its at the same time very day. I think he is due for another reduction in about a month. Had another futile conversation with him last night - he has not had an adverse reaction, though he didnt blame me he was dismissive of me and any effect on me. He is so convincing that I almost believe it.... I am keeping my memories of the man he was but think I have to start putting the legal process in motion to stop being so open to his abuse and blame.