our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Lindelea

Afraid of meds (Clonazepam)

Hey everybody, I just wanted to know if some of you are "afraid of meds".
You know I stopped Lamictal today after a week and since I haven't slept much lately, my psychiatrist told me to take a 0,5mg clonazepam (rivotril) pill before going to bed so I can sleep, I didn't want to cause meds that numb me scare me A LOT, I've never tried rivotril before but I did try Stilnox before, so I guess rivotril is like stilnox, I don't know, I think it numbs you and make you feel heavy and that makes me extremely nervous.

Even tho I took the 0.5mg pill and lie in bed to sleep, well.. that's what I meant to do, but in reality I was really scared waiting for the pill to hit, I was like waiting for the end of the world, after 10 minutes I freaked out and I used my 2 fingers to induce vomiting, the first vomit wave brought the pill out and the second wave: my dinner.

I feel like a coward, but I feel my heart is going to stop and that I won't be able to breath or something if I take that pill, I don't know I have developed a strange fear to meds, does anybody feel like that? ... I think I'm pill-phobic now
April 2011 - April 2012 / Paxil Free
April 2012 - Today / 20mg Paxil

This is an unknown awareness

(I've also tried Lamictal and Trileptal)
Lindelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
IMISSME

Re: Afraid of meds (Clonazepam)

I truly believe these ADs are poison. I told my doctor recently I felt like I was poisoned for 13 years with Paxil. I am paranoid of any brain altering meds. i think I will stick to over the counter meds from now on. There was a recent time during my insomnia period where any drug had the opposite effect. Xanax, Ambien, Unisom, Benadryl all had the opposite effect. If I took them in the middle of the night they would have me crawling the walls. I hope some day benadryl will have the old effect on me.
1 month 5 mg
5/5/2011 C/T'd
2 months physical symptoms minor bad thoughts then emotional hell, complete panic mid July
July 2011 started 15 mg Remeron for sleep
November 2013 at 1.0mg Remeron

IMISSME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Lindelea

I feel the same, I'm paranoid too and I was afraid Rivotril had the opposite effect on me like you had with xanax and all those other meds.
April 2011 - April 2012 / Paxil Free
April 2012 - Today / 20mg Paxil

This is an unknown awareness

(I've also tried Lamictal and Trileptal)
Lindelea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
lmac

Yes, I'm afraid of all meds and of course you are too. We all began by trusting our doctors and trusting these meds would help us (for whatever reason we needed them). Well look at where some of us are now. Didn't help so much did it, and we now don't feel we have a professional we can trust (well, most of us anyways), so yes, it makes perfect sense that we're scared! I too would sit and wait anxiously for my benzo to work (if I ever took one) and it made the experience more frightenening and more anxious. It Is just another poisonous mood altering chemical we're putting in our body.
As difficult as it gets, I honestly tell myself (as sadly as it is), I'm like a drug ddict trying to get clean and healthy and the only way for my brain to heal properly and wholly is by not sticking anymore of these pills down my throat. I mean a herion addict doesn't truly get clean by using crack to ease the pain!!
It sounds harsh but unfortunately this is a very serious and harsh reality for us.
But I do know what its like to feel so desperate at times, that's why this site is such a great support and again, I don't shun anyone who chooses to reinstate or take other routes of help because when it boils down to it, its about life or death sometimes.
So yes, I too am afraid of all meds now. I don't trust them.
- 2009 - 20-0 mg paxil in 5 mnths(with prozac)
- 2009 (Dec): reinstated after 4 mnths off (crash)
- 2009 Dec -2010 Nov: Paxil 20mg
- 2010 Nov: switched to Zoloft 50mg (Paxil poop)
- 2011 Mar: tapered Zoloft (5.5 mnths)
- March: 37.5mg for 2 weeks
- April: 25 mg for 2 weeks
- April: 12.5mg for 18 weeks
AD free since Sept 4th, 2011
- Feb - March 2012: Crashed
- May 2012 - Finally seeing SOME real windows
lmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Backtopaxil

I would not take that drug just to sleep. It is a powerful muscle relaxant, antianxiety, anticonvulsion and *HARD* to get off. Not to mention the horrible hangover feeling the next morning. I tried .25mg per day and was lucky to get off in time. (thanks to scotty and texgirl)

Try something else, natural if possible

But if not and it is anxiety plus sleep what you need,then Diazepam (valium) is in the same class but it is longer lasting and much easier to taper though all of them are evil drugs.

"This will take time but it will happen!"
"I've been shouting: it takes at LEAST a year " -- Ariella
"If I am going to suffer, at least I will be Paxil free" -- me!

Backtopaxil is offline   Reply With Quote