our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
mike_yuk

Force drug companies to pay for the research over PPSD.

Drug companies must sponsor research to find a cure for PSSD. Because of lack of fundings, there are small number of publications, in this way we are loosing chances to recover from this horrible condition.
Drug companies are so powerfull, it will be a difficult task.
If I knew about exsistence of PSSD I would newer take SSRI. I was assured by a doctor, that sexual symptoms will dissapear within few weeks, after quiting the drug.
mike_yuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #2
alivehope

Re: Force drug companies to pay for the research over PPSD.

For at least 6 months of my WD, I had zero to 5% sex drive and very very weak erections. at month 7, things have started to change. My erection responds to to thoughts and the erections are good. things do heal, just give your the brain the time to heal. My PPSD is not yet cured but I know it will heal as time goes by. those who post about their symptoms, they post when they are at hard times and when they improve, they do not come back and speak of their improvements.

on and off paxil from 2004 to 2008
Last pill at 11/7/2008
Severe withdrawal for about 18 months
had a nice life from 18 to 31 months off
80% recovered and was mostly there.

Crashed at 31 months due to severe stress
Took 20mg of paxil at 18/8/2011
Mild withdrawal
Severe PSSD
20% recovered
alivehope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
kcm26

Re: Force drug companies to pay for the research over PPSD.

Alive Hope is correct. Time is the cure for PSSD, along with trying to keep a healthy lifestyle.

I have noticed more and more windows where I have a spike in libido, morning erections, erections from thoughts, and so on. Unfortunately I have been in a bad window for the past week or so, but I know a new one will come around.

The point is that things do change over time. It's a long, frustrating process, but it happens.
kcm26 is offline   Reply With Quote