our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
sicksaviourX

just started taking paxil

Hello everybody....I'm new to this forum obviously....I just started taking Paxil about 5 days ago... I'm only on 10 mg/day... but i've noticed some side effects like extreme nausea, headaches, pressure in my head sensations and fatigue..also I find i'm constantly hungry.. an concentrating on anything is difficult... hopefully these effects go away or at least lessen in a couple days or weeks....
i have generalized anxiety disorder & social anxiety disorder... and i guess mild agoraphobia (i go outside but generally really dont like to be out of the house). ive had social anxiety my whole life, but only in the last year or so its gotten so bad an debilitating that i had to quit my job because i couldn't even concentrate with so many people around an the anxiety was just getting so out of control.... so now I'm on Paxil, and I'm seeing a therapist and trying to get my life back on track..
so yeah, theres a little bit of info about me, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum...im looking forward to talking to you guys, sharing my experiences & giving my support to fellow anxiety&depression sufferers..
sicksaviourX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #2
julieannboo

Re: just started taking paxil

Welcome to the board.

You mention that you have social anxiety disorder? Who told you that you have that? I was watching a doc about anti depressants on youtube and it said that social anxiety is a made up term by the advertising companies on behalf of the drug companies to market their drugs. Years ago it was called 'shyness'. It makes me so mad.

Obviously this site is for people trying to get off of anti depressants but please stick around as the advice and support is amazing.
30mg - October 1999
20mg - October 2002 - July 2011
20mg to 10mg - July 2011 - March 2012 (10% taper)
CRASHED when i got to 5.2mg
Back on 10mg - August 2012
Staying on 10mg - for the time being.
Pleased i am on half my original dose.
julieannboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
sicksaviourX

i was diagnosed when i was about 15, but it was manageable then.. now i'm out of school, my high school friendships have pretty much deteriorated, mom&sister moved out,pressure got crazy at work etc... it spun out of control. being around pretty much anyone makes me uncomfortable
Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
julieannboo

Glad that you are seeing a therapist- are you finding it helps you?
What do you think paxil will do for you? How do you plan on taking it for?
30mg - October 1999
20mg - October 2002 - July 2011
20mg to 10mg - July 2011 - March 2012 (10% taper)
CRASHED when i got to 5.2mg
Back on 10mg - August 2012
Staying on 10mg - for the time being.
Pleased i am on half my original dose.
julieannboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
sicksaviourX

well i've only talked to her twice... i can only see her once a month. so far its been extremely uncomfortable because i'm not a person who's good at or likes expressing their feelinsg.. to such a personal extent... letting someone in SO much.... but i'm sure it will get easier to talk to her.. an things will be better once she teaches me some CBT techniques...gives me assignments or whatever...also there's a support group for people with SAD & depression i'm looking into getting into, who knows i could come away from the group with some friends....

hopefully paxil will lessen the anxiety a little bit and lower my inhibitions... i'll be able to function more "normally" around people, feel more comfortable.. i really wasnt planning on taking meds again as i've had some bad expereiences in the past but right now i'm desperate and will try anything to gain some control back over my life.
ive been reading posts on here for a while and people have been talking about the "zombie" state or emotional detachment/depersonalization.. and honestly right now i yearn for it. i don't want to care about anything, at least not to the extent i care about an overanalyze things now. i just want my mind to settle down, an if i need to take drugs to help with that, so be it.

i plan on taking it as long as it helps me..an really gradually taper off as i learn how to manage anxiety without it.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
kylelost

Stop taking paxil now and go to Amazon.com and order Claire Weeks book, it is about managing anxiety and panic attacks.

Suzanne
10 mgs - 2 wks.
5 mgs - 3-1-10
2.5 mgs - 4-6-11
5 mgs. - 5-8-11
5mgs. - liquid paxil 6-10-11
4 mgs - 6-24-11
4.5 mgs - 7-11-11
4 mgs - 7-29-11
3.6 mgs - 8-19-11
3.0 - 9-11-11
2.5 - 10-6-11
2.0 - 11-10-11
1.5 - 12-9-11
1.25 - 2-10-12
1.0 - 3-9-12
PAXIL FREE 3-12-12
Re-instated 3-15-12 10 mgs.

"If you are casting a play in hell don't expect Angels to show up as the actors"
kylelost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
sicksaviourX

but knowing that i'll be literally addicted to something.. i'll be an addict, officially.. is a little scary... and i'm really not looking forward to the withdrawals, and i really hope the side effects dont continue for much longer, last night i couldn't sleep well at all, i got maybe 2-3 hrs and was tossing and turning for most of the night, it was awful.... being so tired & yet not being able to sleep....and i have no idea how i didnt get sick with how nauseous i was feeling.. but right now i'm feeling great cause i have food in my system to absorb it a little bit.. and have very little anxiety at all for once
Old 04-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #8
sicksaviourX

i have lots of books like that kyle and i'm putting them to use. thanks for the advice but i'm going to keep taking it, see if it proves beneficial to me and hope the side effects subside sooner rather than later...it really helps some people apparently... and i dont know if itd be a good idea to stop taking it completely even if i have just started taking it not too long ago
Old 04-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
sicksaviourX

sorry, suzanne not kyle, i didnt see the name at the bottom of your message lol
Old 04-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
scotty
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksaviourX View Post
really helps some people apparently... and i dont know if itd be a good idea to stop taking it completely even if i have just started taking it not too long ago
At least you now have the possible downsides of using Paxil, personally, I wouldn't recommend it's use to anyone. If you choose to continue it's use, keep the dose as low as possible, and the time used as short as possible. Know that you will have to wean off VERY slowly. I'm surprised they prescribed paxil, since most doctors have stopped prescribing it.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
sicksaviourX

yeah well... she wanted me to go back on Effexor... but I wanted to try something new. from what i hear Effexors just as addictive and hard to get off, but the side effects seem a little milder.... I was a kid when I used it and didn't really use it responsibly/regularly so I can't really assess its effects/benefits.. so yeah, it wasnt the one she initially suggested, she just pretty much agreed to let me try it
Old 04-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
scotty
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksaviourX View Post
yeah well... she wanted me to go back on Effexor... but I wanted to try something new. from what i hear Effexors just as addictive and hard to get off, but the side effects seem a little milder.... I was a kid when I used it and didn't really use it responsibly/regularly so I can't really assess its effects/benefits.. so yeah, it wasnt the one she initially suggested, she just pretty much agreed to let me try it
Wow...talk about getting the two worst on the list! How old were you when you took effexor?

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #13
sicksaviourX

17-18.. eventually i just gave up on them because they weren't really helping me and i was too immature/unreliable to take them on a regular basis lol