our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Health Challenges
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health Challenges Anxiety, depression, OCD, headaches, weight and more.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
GrandmaD

Pressure heads

Are there any others that experience head pressure day in and day out?
Sometimes mine is mild, other times moderate and other times high.

Then, when it goes away, I have like a vibrating head, sometimes mild, moderate or high!

What does this mean? How do others cope?

Other times I don't have either, but have a headache. Seems like there is no end to it all!

Yesterday I couldn't tell if it was high pressure, high vibration or bad headache or the lot.
over 6 weeks-crashed after 6 mos
June 2011 - 8mg 5%
July 2011 - 9mg
July-Oct 8mg/9mg (inacurate scales)
Oct 2011 - 8.6 caps
Nov 2011 - 8.1 caps
Dec 2011 - 8.1 tab
Dec 14 - 7.7
Jan 11 - 7.3
May 2012 - 7.0
Jun 6.6
Aug 6.4 2.5%
Oct 6.2
Dec 6.0
Jan 5.7 5% stupid move
Jun 5.5 2.5%
Aug 5.3
Oct 5.1
Jan 2014 4.9
Feb 4.8
Mar 4.7
GrandmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
axis74

Re: Pressure heads

Yep I had it itd go from head pressure to sinus pressure to head buzzing to entire body buzzing ive had it all. Still having it and its been a year and a half since i c/t so good luck.
axis74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
GrandmaD

So sorry to hear Axis! Do you have it every day and does it vary in intensity some days?

I am doing a 5% taper which is meant to be easier! I'm not so sure it is!

Is just gets to me, day after day. Days it is mild I can cope much better. Just recently thought i had the flu but think it is sinus. Do you think the sinus is w/d related also?

I recall when I tried to go off back in 2010 (not knowing about PP then) I had 4 sore throats in one year which was highly unusual for me.

The head buzzing I consider a "good" day as lately I've had the head vibrations.

Do you get naseau as well? I've had that off and on for a while, but nothing to worry about until the last 5-6 weeks when i've had it for 4 - 6 days a week and this week 3 days in a row.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
axis74

Hi Grandma, I seem to have some type of slight pressure everyday too but it does very in intensity most days sometimes even hour to hour. You're right i have those head buzzing days too and those seem to be better days for me as well like you said. i dont know its all just so weird. I've been getting alot more sick since i got off the the Prozac too actually which was unlike me too so i went to a doctor and he actually tested my blood and told me my white blood cell count was low so i guess i have a supressed immune response. I don't know if its from the w/d but it very well could be. Maybe you could have somethig similar? I get this weird sinus pressure too many days like you do and its hard o deal with but then it goes away other days but according to my doctor its once again due to my lowered immune response. I dont know if that helped you but maybe consult a doctor? I don't know if these medications affect the immune system but they very well could. I hoped that helped and i hope you feel better soon.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
GrandmaD

Thanks, Axis, it helps just knowing someone else has the same thing and I am not some weirdo!

It is not eas to live with, as you know. I seem to either have head pressure or vibation and today the head vibration has been high.

I hope you can soon shake it off. Seems like you have symptoms whether you CT or taper. It has been 9 months for me this taper, already.
over 6 weeks-crashed after 6 mos
June 2011 - 8mg 5%
July 2011 - 9mg
July-Oct 8mg/9mg (inacurate scales)
Oct 2011 - 8.6 caps
Nov 2011 - 8.1 caps
Dec 2011 - 8.1 tab
Dec 14 - 7.7
Jan 11 - 7.3
May 2012 - 7.0
Jun 6.6
Aug 6.4 2.5%
Oct 6.2
Dec 6.0
Jan 5.7 5% stupid move
Jun 5.5 2.5%
Aug 5.3
Oct 5.1
Jan 2014 4.9
Feb 4.8
Mar 4.7
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
Bilo76

Axis74;..i see in your signature that you are still in WD hell. I was curious:.You havent seen any improvement in 1,5 years? or in what area have you seen improvement?

14 years on Paxil 20 mg cause of a bad anxiety disorder (social anxiety, agoraphobia)
2011 Oct 16th: Cold turkey stop Paxil cause of poopout and switch to lexapro 15 mg. Hell started. Tapered lexapro. Tapered oxazepam. Med-free for 16 months. Now on Anafranil (clomipramine)

"....We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. It can not command, only serve..."
Albert Einstein.
Bilo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
axis74

Hi Bilo76, I definitely have seen some improvement in my symptoms since a year and a half ago but I wouldnt necessarily say I'm back to "normal" or my old self in anyway. I'd say the symptoms that did leave was the constant feeling as if I'm in a dream state and I can't understand what anyone is saying to me. That was terrifying and I really thought I was a goner and had irreversible brain damage. What i still get is constant intrusive irrational and sometimes obsessive thoughts that sort of come out of nowhere, waves and windows still ebb and flow, Still have a very very hard time with brain fog which makes it really hard to understand stuff that i normally wouldnt have any problem comprehending. My memory is shot I can read a paragraph a second ago and I won't remember any of it 3 minutes later. My emotions still fluctuate a ton through out just one day i can go from being very happy to worried to angry to depressed and finally to feeling like my entire life is a failure with nothing provoking these thoughts. So thats kinda where I'm at some days are better then others. right now Im in a pretty bad wave.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
Timinjapan

Hi Grandma, please accept my sympathy for all the pain and discomfort you are going through. In my prayers, I'm asking the lord to grant you a miraculous recovery as life put you through much too rough a time already.

I get occasional pressure in the ears but my big issue for me is buzzing head and ears that sound/feel like there's a leaking steam pipe in the brain. I had ringing ears before starting Paxil, but this constant hiss and buzz is in a different league. It is a big reason for me wanting to get off the med quick, but at the same time it gets louder whenever I step down the dose, so I am going to have to be patient and play my background music a bit louder.

By the way, my GP, who persuaded me to start taking this drug, is not open to the conjecture that Paxil can cause or exacerbate ringing ears. He puts that symptom down to shoulder and neck muscle tightness. So I've let him give me trigger point injections a few times and I've also been going to a good chiropracticitioner. Great for loosening the muscles, but not a dent in the ringing/buzzing.

Started Valium 2mg in Feb. 2012. Began reducing dosage in May 2012. Took final dose on 26 June 2013. Now fully recovered.... sort of!

"While I might trust the doctor to remove a splinter or lance a boil, I do not believe he has the knowledge to restore a brain." - Spock
Timinjapan is offline   Reply With Quote