our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Rhondaj

please any advice im losing it big time

OK I've been oFf Paxil n buspar for over 3 weeks I feel so sick like Im dying every morning I'm jolted awake at nine on the dot then my he'll begins I feel weak and sick threw out the whole day I'm having chest pains but the worst I notice is my limpnodes are swollen in my neck and groin I went to the hospital yesterday and the doc did blood work n said every thing is OK but I feel so scared something is being missed I've never felt so bad in my life my son was screaming as I left to go in the ambulance any one have a clue about swollen limpnodes could this still be withdrawal I'm so lost n scared. Help
Rhondaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
iwantpeace

Re: please any advice im losing it big time

Hi, did you cold turkey off these drugs? If you did, that is most certainly the cause of all your issues right now. Even if you did a taper, if it wasn't extremely slow it would still account for your problems.

Have you considered going back on the last dose of Paxil you felt stable on and then coming off slowly, 10% at a time. The doctor in the emergency room would have picked up if anything physical was wrong with you.

I wouldn't worry about swollen nodes at this point, when i'm fighting even the smallest virus they pop out to say hello. Even when i'm not i'll they are enlarged and i'm still around and kickin so I doubt its anything to worry yourself sick over.

The experts will chime in here, but I think you're probably going to have to reinstate the paxil and taper properly to get any relief at this point.
Feb 2011-July 2011 - 10mg
July 2011- Sept 2011- 30MG
Sept 2011-Nov 2011- 25mg -17.5mg
Nov 2011- JAN 12: 17.5mg -1.25mg
January 27th 2012- PAXIL FREE
Started Zoloft mid Nov 2011 - currently at 100mg
Feb 8 2012 - Zoloft 75mg
early April 2012
April 11 2012: 62mg - compounding pharmacy - side effects at 75mg not acceptable
April 21 2012 - 50mg - feel much better - staying here for a while.
iwantpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
TryingtoGetWell

Rhonda, I believe that in February you posted that you had taken paxil (and buspar) for three weeks, then went off them according to the taper schedule your doctor gave you, from 20 to 10 to 5. Hope I have that right.

How long a time was the 20-10-5 taper totally?

Have you taken any other meds that affect the nervous system prior to the paxil and buspar? Are you on any other meds now?
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
5/17/06 - 5 mg (none 5/20)
5/21-24/06 - 2.5 mg (5/22 - none)
5/25/06 - d/cd paroxetine
Felt better than in years, then gradual WD symptoms
6/17/06 - Bolted awake in blind terror, started E-ticket ride to hell
2010 - Leaving hell for balmier climate!
(Still on my pre-paxil 0.5 mg clonazepam)
TryingtoGetWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
Rhondaj

I'm not On any meds now but I feel worst then I did when I first stopped I weaned over a week because I was not on them but three weeks I'm so scared this feeling is like death
Old 04-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
TryingtoGetWell

It's not uncommon to have delayed reactions to going off these meds. I was one who did - where some symptoms don't appear immediately.

You were right not to do a long taper when you'd only been on the med a short time. But three weeks is when the med has just started to make changes in the brain/nervous system, and I think you're feeling the withdrawal effects from those early changes. I'm so glad you went off the med when you did - hard as this is for you now, you should heal much faster than those of us who were on the meds for long periods of time.

The only exception to what we're discussing might be if you'd switched to the med from other psychotropic meds that also caused changes in the nervous system. I think sometimes when people have switched from one psychotropic med to another (which many people do for various reasons), even if there's a brief delay after going off the previous one, they made to do a longer, slow taper like people who have been on one med a long time.

But if that's not the case with you, I'd guess that you're feeling your body healing from the changes that were just starting to occur. Please try not to worry. If your body is healing, it's doing what it should - even if it feels ghastly. Do you have any support from family or friends?

Feel free to post here. To avoid getting inadvertent bad advice from people who don't realize how briefly you were on the med, I suggest you create a brief summary of dosage/dates you were on and tapered, and include any other meds you've been on in recent months. Then post this as your signature, which will appear on all your posts automatically.

If you don't know how to do a signature, let us know. We'll be glad to help.

And we're here to help and be support. We understand how frightening and miserable this can feel. I hope you start feeling better very soon. Post as often as you want!
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
Old 04-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
Rhondaj

Thanks I'm so scared and I'm so tiny every little heart flutter or shortness of breath scares me I'm praying that I will get back to normal my son needs me I had to leave my hubby and stay with my mom i feel he caint handle this and i hadvto bring my son with me under my chin hurts and my neck im just hopin all this is wd related this never happen before
Old 04-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
aberdeen

It is probably all w/d related...and you will be just fine. You won't die...these are all just really scary (temporary) things from coming off the meds. If the Dr's checked you over, they wouldn't have missed anything serious.

2005-2010 Effexor XR 112.5mg-262.5mg for PPD
June-Dec 2010 Poop-out (crash)
3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Oct'11 to Nov '12 20mg-10mg
March'13 to Feb'14 9mg -4mg
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
aberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
TryingtoGetWell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingtoGetWell View Post
I think sometimes when people have switched from one psychotropic med to another (which many people do for various reasons), even if there's a brief delay after going off the previous one, they made to do a longer, slow taper like people who have been on one med a long time.
Sorry! I just realized that sentence in my previous post should have read "... they need to do a longer, slow taper like people who...".

Sorry for any confusion. Hope there weren't any other glitches in my post that I missed, and I hope you feel better soon.
4/21/06 - 15 mg
4/27/06 - 10 mg
Old 04-15-2012, 01:21 AM   #9
Mija

I am going through the samething but I was on paxil for 9 years and tapered off in 1 month, I am going crazy not knowing if it is the withdrawals or the prozac. I know it is hard cause it is for me to but we just need to keep in mind that we are going to be ok. It is awful now but think about the positive, if you believe in God pray, I know when I start feeling bad I take deep breaths and pray to relax my body. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing your positive progress.
Mija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:56 AM   #10
NoRx4me

Were you on any other meds before Paxil and Buspar? I wonder why they put you on both. What were the dosages?
NoRx4me is offline   Reply With Quote