our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
caperjackie

Can this still be withdrawal?

In need of a bit of reassurance here (which just goes to show how far I have relapsed after doing so well the last couple of months). Is it reasonable to have a WD wave this far out? As long as other folk have had this experience too I can ride it out (depression, anhedonia, insomnia, anxiety building and even some mild brain zaps when I wake during the night). Have to say that it is NOWHERE near as bad as it has been but not very nice all the same.
2 failed attempts at cold turkey
Tapered for over a year by skipping one dose per week each month
Paxil free since April 14th 2011
Still having withdrawal symptoms but getting better
LIFE IS GOOD TOTALLY DRUG FREE
Supplements - Fish oils, Cal/mag, GABA
September 2012 - Supplement free and feeling great
caperjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
julieannboo

Re: Can this still be withdrawal?

aww - hope that you better ASAP.

nothing would suprise me with paxil anymore. sounds like it could be Jackie.

take it easy xx
30mg - October 1999
20mg - October 2002 - July 2011
20mg to 10mg - July 2011 - March 2012 (10% taper)
CRASHED when i got to 5.2mg
Back on 10mg - August 2012
Staying on 10mg - for the time being.
Pleased i am on half my original dose.
julieannboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
aberdeen

Yes, I'm 13 months past a near CT from effexor, and I felt great for about 4 months over the winter, and then it all came back again. I'm a little different than you because I'm still on Paxil, but unless it's the Paxil (which I doubt because it feels just the way w/d did before I took the Paxil, and they say a new SSRI doesn't stop withdrawal anyway, and I think that's true for me)...I got another wave. I was surprised because it felt just the like days of bad withdrawal, only a milder version. It's been 2 1/2 months for this wave but it's getting tonnes better, almost over really. When you posted your success story at 10 months I thought - I hope it's not like me where I posted my success story at about 10 months and then had another wave,lol, but you did (hope I didn't jinx you! lol) so it's pretty common. But we've put in so much time already, the final wave will come and go soon. Maybe this is the last one!

2005-2010 Effexor XR 112.5mg-262.5mg for PPD
June-Dec 2010 Poop-out (crash)
3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Oct'11 to Nov '12 20mg-10mg
March'13 to Feb'14 9mg -4mg
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
aberdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
miriza

Yes, w/d can last years really...but hopefully with less and less intense symptoms as time goes by. Hang in there caperjackie! Wishing you complete healing soon!
Imipramine:
37.5 mg -> 0 (1 mo,10/08/11): akathisia!
5 mg -> 0 (1 mo,11/29/11)
Now in w/d hell and missing my old self.
Please go to http://www.askapatient.com and leave a review of your med(s) and w/d experience.
miriza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
caperjackie

Aberdeen - I do believe that you DID jinx me - so this is all your fault!!! Not glad that you went through a similar thing but very glad to hear it as mine is exactly how you describe it - a milder version of the bad stuff. Can ride it out if I know it is par for the course as I will try to override that little voice that keeps telling me that this is 'the real me' - Thanks (not for the jinx of course but for the response) LOL
2 failed attempts at cold turkey
Tapered for over a year by skipping one dose per week each month
Paxil free since April 14th 2011
Still having withdrawal symptoms but getting better
LIFE IS GOOD TOTALLY DRUG FREE
Supplements - Fish oils, Cal/mag, GABA
September 2012 - Supplement free and feeling great
caperjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #6
aberdeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by caperjackie View Post
Aberdeen - I do believe that you DID jinx me - so this is all your fault!!! Not glad that you went through a similar thing but very glad to hear it as mine is exactly how you describe it - a milder version of the bad stuff. Can ride it out if I know it is par for the course as I will try to override that little voice that keeps telling me that this is 'the real me' - Thanks (not for the jinx of course but for the response) LOL
Wow, I jinxed you, I feel so powerful! LOL But seriously, ok look at us, both in the same boat and you are on nothing and I am on Paxil. That tells me that it's very likely withdrawal...if this is what depression was like after being on a med, then Paxil should be helping me right? Also, zaps and all that other crap, if it feels like the old w/d stuff, then it probably is. A depression would feel much simpler and less like w/d. As for permanent brain damage, no one here has ever experienced that, and everyone gets better eventually...at least from all my obsessive research I've done on this forum! (and believe me there times it was downright obsessive!)

2005-2010 Effexor XR 112.5mg-262.5mg for PPD
June-Dec 2010 Poop-out (crash)
3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Oct'11 to Nov '12 20mg-10mg
March'13 to Feb'14 9mg -4mg
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
aberdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
IMISSME

I am also on another med and experiencing withdrawal just the same. I started taking Remeron back in July and it never helped relieve my depression or anxiety. So, I'm sure this is all withdrawal but the duration is grueling. If I thought meds would help I might give it a try but I know instinctually that it won't work.
1 month 5 mg
5/5/2011 C/T'd
2 months physical symptoms minor bad thoughts then emotional hell, complete panic mid July
July 2011 started 15 mg Remeron for sleep
November 2013 at 1.0mg Remeron

IMISSME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #8
lmac

Caperjackie, I hope Babs will chime in. I'm pretty sure she said the depression/anedonia were last to go and still kept coming back until about 17 mnths. And not to undermine your symptoms but do you think its possible you have anxiety/insomnia because your wave is lasting longert than you expected and you're starting to worry yourself crazy oveit?
I also always have one persons success story (can't remember who) on my mind. He said the anedonia/ depression didn't go away for him until mnth 14. I see this pattern of these being the last 2 to remain with so many people who have been off meds for a couple + years. Just remember you've had a GOOD couple of months. That's got to say something. I know it must be so frustrating, especially when you thought it might be done!! I'm so early in the game still but I too get so let down, even after having a few okay days then it slamming shut in my face. I can only imagine how it feels after a couple of months.
Hang in there.
- 2009 - 20-0 mg paxil in 5 mnths(with prozac)
- 2009 (Dec): reinstated after 4 mnths off (crash)
- 2009 Dec -2010 Nov: Paxil 20mg
- 2010 Nov: switched to Zoloft 50mg (Paxil poop)
- 2011 Mar: tapered Zoloft (5.5 mnths)
- March: 37.5mg for 2 weeks
- April: 25 mg for 2 weeks
- April: 12.5mg for 18 weeks
AD free since Sept 4th, 2011
- Feb - March 2012: Crashed
- May 2012 - Finally seeing SOME real windows
lmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
miriza

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmac View Post
Caperjackie, I hope Babs will chime in. I'm pretty sure she said the depression/anedonia were last to go and still kept coming back until about 17 mnths. And not to undermine your symptoms but do you think its possible you have anxiety/insomnia because your wave is lasting longert than you expected and you're starting to worry yourself crazy oveit?
I also always have one persons success story (can't remember who) on my mind. He said the anedonia/ depression didn't go away for him until mnth 14. I see this pattern of these being the last 2 to remain with so many people who have been off meds for a couple + years. Just remember you've had a GOOD couple of months. That's got to say something. I know it must be so frustrating, especially when you thought it might be done!! I'm so early in the game still but I too get so let down, even after having a few okay days then it slamming shut in my face. I can only imagine how it feels after a couple of months.
Hang in there.
I think it's lov4k9s whose anhedonia started dissipating by 14 months off and went away completely by 18 months off.
Imipramine:
37.5 mg -> 0 (1 mo,10/08/11): akathisia!
5 mg -> 0 (1 mo,11/29/11)
Now in w/d hell and missing my old self.
Please go to http://www.askapatient.com and leave a review of your med(s) and w/d experience.
miriza is online now   Reply With Quote