our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
dgottschalk

low blood sugar feeling

Have any of you while tapering felt like youre blood sugars get low , sometimes i get really weak in the legs and feeling like my blood sugar is really low even though blood test are normal, it seems to happen at the same time every day
dgottschalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
lmac

Re: low blood sugar feeling

I got this after I was done tapering and in the thick of wd mnths after my last pill. Every morning felt I had low sugars. Testing was fine but I constantly felt like I had low sugars. I find in the last few mnths I have to eat every 2-3 hours. But when I'm in a window and feeling better, I don't get the low sugar feeling. Strange. I think these meds have really caused our systems to be out of balance but as others have confirmed, it usually all balances back out within the first year med free.
- 2009 - 20-0 mg paxil in 5 mnths(with prozac)
- 2009 (Dec): reinstated after 4 mnths off (crash)
- 2009 Dec -2010 Nov: Paxil 20mg
- 2010 Nov: switched to Zoloft 50mg (Paxil poop)
- 2011 Mar: tapered Zoloft (5.5 mnths)
- March: 37.5mg for 2 weeks
- April: 25 mg for 2 weeks
- April: 12.5mg for 18 weeks
AD free since Sept 4th, 2011
- Feb - March 2012: Crashed
- May 2012 - Finally seeing SOME real windows
lmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
rangerNY
Administrator
Wax on. Wax off.

This is an important thread because you both mentioned that actual blood sugar testing returns a normal result. It really points out the difference between fact and feeling, which is a HUGE issue around here that keeps many from making any kind of meaningful forward progress.

Thank you both for mentioning it.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
PaxilDream

I passed my tests for quit some time while I was having diabetic symptoms before I eventually failed and was diagnosed with type II. I would just feel so run down and fall asleep after certain foods and the real bad foods gave a hangover the next day. One thing that you guys should keep in mind is that your A1C may be telling your doctors that you are fine but you may be spiking and dropping to much and this is what is making you feel weird but passing tests. If that is happening then your blood work will come back normal because the up and down keeps your average looking good. The only way to get some actual results is to either test yourself or go in for a glucose intolerance test.

Now after being off paxil I have NONE of the diabetic symptoms I had before and all blood work is perfectly normal. I can even drink wine now when before that was unheard of me and I thought I would never be able to enjoy a glass ever again. Paxil does strange things
PaxilDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
lmac

So you were actually diabetic and then not? That's great!!
I don't eat processed foods, nor do I even eat refined sugar. I only eat really good whole foodsI can tell its pure wd for me because I only feel this way when I get a wave. Everything goes wonly for me. I have had the glucose tolerance test in the past and it was normal. If anything, I feel more hypoglycemic during a wave. Just low sugars, even though I do nothing different than when not in a wave.
- 2009 - 20-0 mg paxil in 5 mnths(with prozac)
- 2009 (Dec): reinstated after 4 mnths off (crash)
- 2009 Dec -2010 Nov: Paxil 20mg
- 2010 Nov: switched to Zoloft 50mg (Paxil poop)
- 2011 Mar: tapered Zoloft (5.5 mnths)
- March: 37.5mg for 2 weeks
- April: 25 mg for 2 weeks
- April: 12.5mg for 18 weeks
AD free since Sept 4th, 2011
- Feb - March 2012: Crashed
- May 2012 - Finally seeing SOME real windows
lmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
PaxilDream

Yes sir you read correctly. I had to really change my whole way of eating and take metformin to now nit taking any medicine for it and no effects from any foods. My a1c and glucose intolerance test come back perfectly normal. Now I'm not saying I was like way way diabetic and then normal but I promise you I failed a1c and glucose test but now don't. And I can't begin to tell you how great it is to be able to eat again without falling into a coma after eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmac View Post
So you were actually diabetic and then not? That's great!!
I don't eat processed foods, nor do I even eat refined sugar. I only eat really good whole foodsI can tell its pure wd for me because I only feel this way when I get a wave. Everything goes wonly for me. I have had the glucose tolerance test in the past and it was normal. If anything, I feel more hypoglycemic during a wave. Just low sugars, even though I do nothing different than when not in a wave.
PaxilDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
wanting2quit

PaxilDream... that is GREAT! Wow!

Add me to this list... this has been an issue with me whenever I have been weaning. My tests always come back normal, but I too get the weak legs, shaky hands feeling. No fun.
Pax 02. CT 03. 10 mg. in 3rd trimester. Weaned to 5 mg. on 6/6, then 2.5 mg. on 9/6. Last Dose 10/6. Lex 10 mg. on 7/07 for PP anxiety. April 09 weaned 10-5. May, weaned from 5-0. 9/09 back on 10 mg. January 2012, 5 mg.
5/19/12, liq. gen Lex at 4.5 ml, 6/20, 4 ml
10/22, 3.8 ml, 1/15, 3.4, 4/5, 3.2, 5/10, 3.0, 8/1, 2.6, 9/1, 2.4, 3/28, 1.2

Life remains the same until the pain of remaining the same becomes greater than the pain of change.
Pray... hope... don't worry. - Padre Pio
wanting2quit is offline   Reply With Quote