our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
axis74

Feelings of loneliness and doom and gloom. Help.

Help im a year and a half out from my prozac cold turkey i was only on for a month. Anyway, dayin and day out all I feel is lonelieness and I mean EXTREME loneliness doom and gloom feelings no happiness for my future and just feel like im gonna be this friendless freak with no sense of perspective forever. It seemed as if before i had more of a sense of prospective of my future etc, now its just as if my life feels like a dead end, is this just me or is it my withdrawal? Help does anyone else experience this total feeling of complete and utter loneliness? I mean a year and a half out seems like a long time to still be feeling this way but its as if ive lost all prespective that i used to have before. i used to weather loneliness better before this happened but i've lost about 4 good friends since this withdrawal began, im not sure why all for different reasons but none stuck around i dont know why anyway. will i be able to cope better with these losses when im out of withdrawal?
Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
babs
"dare to suck big!"

Re: Feelings of loneliness and doom and gloom. Help.

Well it's probably a little of both ... a cold turkey is a painful thing to go through and healing can take a very long time, but just the trauma of going through it can affect how you think about things and give a more gloomy outlook than you had before. Have you ever tried any CBT therapy to work on that? Lots of people here have had good success with it and it gives you coping skills for life.

Paxil 20mg 1994-2005
2 failed attempts to quit
Tapered Jan-April 2005
Paxil-free since May 1, 2005
babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
cipher0413

Re: Feelings of loneliness and doom and gloom. Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis74 View Post
Help im a year and a half out from my prozac cold turkey i was only on for a month. Anyway, dayin and day out all I feel is lonelieness and I mean EXTREME loneliness doom and gloom feelings no happiness for my future and just feel like im gonna be this friendless freak with no sense of perspective forever. It seemed as if before i had more of a sense of prospective of my future etc, now its just as if my life feels like a dead end, is this just me or is it my withdrawal? Help does anyone else experience this total feeling of complete and utter loneliness? I mean a year and a half out seems like a long time to still be feeling this way but its as if ive lost all prespective that i used to have before. i used to weather loneliness better before this happened but i've lost about 4 good friends since this withdrawal began, im not sure why all for different reasons but none stuck around i dont know why anyway. will i be able to cope better with these losses when im out of withdrawal?
Hey axis74.. I'm sorry to hear about what you're feeling now. I think it's more withdrawal, but, maybe losing good friends isn't just helping I guess. Yeap, since I believe it's withdrawal that is the main reason for your EXTREME doom and gloom, and feeling like dead end in your life, I think once this intense period of withdrawal passes, you will be able to find ways to cope better with those losses... I'm just really sorry you are going through all that during withdrawal. I think, that's why, it's helpful and pretty much crucial to find a therapist that you can trust and tell everything, and you can also be pretty sure that a therapist abandoning his/her patient, doesn't happen that easily..

Sometimes, for me, if I were able to feel more (I think there's a bit of anhedonia sticking around.), and have to face where I am what I am truly going through, I think how lonely I would have to feel. This anhedonia has good timing, lol.
December 2011 Realized all the bad symptoms were due to withdrawal, found PP and Drugs.com
April 2012 Better than I am 1 year ago but with no emotions and lingering symptoms
October 2012 A small but definite shift experienced, still progressing

Summary Was on Lexapro for 14 months, Cold-turkeyed, Now Month 22 since last dose.
cipher0413 is offline   Reply With Quote