our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
sicksaviourX

understand the 'zombie state' now

lately my side effects have been getting the better of me so much.... i was at 10 mg but found that didn't really do anything for the anxiety so i bumped it up to 20 mg. i'm always tired and yet can never sleep. i feel like a mess. starting to understand the "zombie" like state you guys have been referring to. an ive only been taking the drug for 8 days. my sex drive is virtually gone, and the nausea is so strong sometimes, it feels horrendous...these side effects better go away soon, and if it doesn't happen i'm going to discontinue it
sicksaviourX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
sicksaviourX

Re: understand the 'zombie state' now

on the bright side i find my inhibitions have lowered substantially but i'm not sure if its worth the extreme fatigue&insomnia
sicksaviourX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
aberdeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksaviourX View Post
on the bright side i find my inhibitions have lowered substantially but i'm not sure if its worth the extreme fatigue&insomnia
I know, I feel te same way. I can say "no" now, because I really don't care what anyone thinks of me. I like that, but I'll trade that in for my old self!

2005-2010 Effexor XR 112.5mg-262.5mg for PPD
June-Dec 2010 Poop-out (crash)
3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Oct'11 to Nov '12 20mg-10mg
March'13 to Feb'14 9mg -4mg
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
aberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:24 AM   #4
cipher0413

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberdeen View Post
I know, I feel te same way. I can say "no" now, because I really don't care what anyone thinks of me. I like that, but I'll trade that in for my old self!
How I feel too. Because I don't care what other think of me + with a lot of anger in my system, it's now so easy to say "no" to things I don't want. BUt. I know this wasn't me.. I don't like it much.. It doesn't feel like a true reflection of my strength, but more reflection how much these pills changed me,, artificially.. Since it takes courage to say "no", but, it's not courage that I have.
December 2011 Realized all the bad symptoms were due to withdrawal, found PP and Drugs.com
April 2012 Better than I am 1 year ago but with no emotions and lingering symptoms
October 2012 A small but definite shift experienced, still progressing

Summary Was on Lexapro for 14 months, Cold-turkeyed, Now Month 22 since last dose.
cipher0413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
aberdeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher0413 View Post
How I feel too. Because I don't care what other think of me + with a lot of anger in my system, it's now so easy to say "no" to things I don't want. BUt. I know this wasn't me.. I don't like it much.. It doesn't feel like a true reflection of my strength, but more reflection how much these pills changed me,, artificially.. Since it takes courage to say "no", but, it's not courage that I have.
There's a positive in this though....for example, I have been asked recently to help out with certain things, extra shifts at work, or church projects. I'm busy already and really shoudn't be taking on any more stuff. I have said yes when I am able, but sometimes one has to say no. Usually I would feel pressured and anxious and say yes to avoid upsetting people, and then feel resentful or stressed out. I've been working on saying "no" over the years. Now in the state I'm in, I can say "no" and not give it another thought. I realize this isn't actual courage, and my own fear and anxieties will return one day...but by then I will have seen with my own eyes what happens when I say no. NOTHING happens! People still like me, still repsect me, and the sky doesn't fall. I will be able to remember this and keep it in mind when I have trouble saying no in the future!

2005-2010 Effexor XR 112.5mg-262.5mg for PPD
June-Dec 2010 Poop-out (crash)
3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Oct'11 to Nov '12 20mg-10mg
March'13 to Feb'14 9mg -4mg
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
aberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote