our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Methods of Wellbeing
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Methods of Wellbeing A discussion on how you're managing your state of health (herbs, vitamins, acupuncture, chiropractic etc.) NO LINKING TO COMMERCIAL SITES PLEASE. Paxilprogress does not investigate nor endorse any supplement program.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 12-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #26
rbds22

Re: Found something that works for anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapbreaker View Post
I have struggled with health anxiety recently but didn't want to start up with the antidepressants. I almost did though. I've tried a lot of the recommendations on this site but didn't really feel any effect from them. Anyway, I tried this product called GABA Calm. You can read find info about it by using google. Just search for Source naturals GABA Calm. I've only been on it for 3 days but it has done wonders for my anxiety. It worked not long after the first dose. I'm a skeptical person by nature but I have to admit this stuff really worked for me. I wanted to share this with anyone suffering anxiety. I would recommend the orange flavor as the peppermint is kind of strong for a sublingual pill. Hope someone finds this useful.
S. Hammond? I seen your product comment in the reviews of the product

Jan 2nd 2010 - 14mg
1 year taper
Jan 1st 2011
- PAXIL FREE !

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
rbds22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #27
flapbreaker

Why yes I left a product review on amazon.com Do I have a stalker now? LOL.

Started taking GABA Calm for anxiety - works great.
Now using L-theanine for anxiety and really like it. Seems a bit more effective than GABA Calm.
flapbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #28
gahumph

Just checking to see what the latest reports back are on the GABA Calm. Did it help at all with depression symptoms in addition to the anxiety?
"tried" paxil - 2 weeks Aug 09 - ct
Pristiq - 50mg Aug 2009
Sertraline Sept 2009 at 100mg
FAILED WD Sert and Pristiq March 2010
Added and dropped Wellbutrin 100 mg June 2010
WD Sert June 2010 at 10%/wk - 10 weeks
WD Pristiq 50mg August 2010 at 10%/wk 10 weeks
Off all meds Nov 25, 2010
Crashed Dec 29, 2010
Disability from work - 1/18/11 to current
Prozac - 5mg July 19, 2011; 10mg July 26, 2011
gahumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #29
flapbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahumph View Post
Just checking to see what the latest reports back are on the GABA Calm. Did it help at all with depression symptoms in addition to the anxiety?
It depends on what is driving your depression. For me, being anxious really puts a damper on being excited about things so there probably was some help. On a side note, I recently saw a naturopathic doctor to try some accupuncture. We talked about anxiety and she recommended l-theanine. I had gradually stopped taking the GABA calm and did notice my overall anxiousness had increased again. I read up on l-theanine and it peaked my interest. I've been using it for about a week and I'm happy to report that it too has been effective. To me there is a more noticeable effect from the l-theanine than the GABA calm. I take the 200mg capsules and usually do two in the morning then if I need it in the afternoon I'll take another one. I can tell when it where's off which is usually between 6-8 hours. Might be something else for you to try. You can read about it on wikipedia here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine

Now using L-theanine for anxiety and really like it. Seems a bit more effective than GABA Calm.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #30
KittyQ

Hi there. I tried the Gaba calm back when you first mentioned it and had some success, so, I thank you for the recommendation. Since then, I've found a product that contains gaba, taurine, L-Theanine, Relora and Holy basil leaf called Theanine Serene. It has helped me more as well. Just thought I'd mention it in case it can help someone else...

KittyQ

CT off 40mg Paxil, Apriil, 2009
KittyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #31
pboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapbreaker View Post
It depends on what is driving your depression. For me, being anxious really puts a damper on being excited about things so there probably was some help. On a side note, I recently saw a naturopathic doctor to try some accupuncture. We talked about anxiety and she recommended l-theanine. I had gradually stopped taking the GABA calm and did notice my overall anxiousness had increased again. I read up on l-theanine and it peaked my interest. I've been using it for about a week and I'm happy to report that it too has been effective. To me there is a more noticeable effect from the l-theanine than the GABA calm. I take the 200mg capsules and usually do two in the morning then if I need it in the afternoon I'll take another one. I can tell when it where's off which is usually between 6-8 hours. Might be something else for you to try. You can read about it on wikipedia here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine
How does it affect you emotionally, if you dont mind me asking?
I'm curious to try it as I seem to be ruminating & worrying constantly, but also kinda emotionally numb.
Also did you find the accupuncture helpful?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #32
bobbykim4

anymore updates on this stuff, early results were positive
bobbykim4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #33
flapbreaker

The GABA calm worked well but at times I still felt like I needed more for anxiety. My naturopath put me on L-Theanine. I take 4 200mg capsules a day (two in the am and two in the pm). I have been using it for about 5-6 months and have been very impressed with it. I have no doubts that it works. Do your own research and I think you'll find that there is no down side to using it.

As far as the acpuncture goes I don't think it helped my anxiety. Sure it was relaxing during the session but didn't make a difference in my daily living.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #38
scotty
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti View Post
Why don't we let people discern for themselves instead of pushing the thoughtform out there that "this will make you sick" before they even get to research it and think about it. If you specifically tried this remedy and it made you sick, then by all means, share it. But why keep pushing fear and negativity out there all the time when you haven't even tried this remedy?
Members on this site are free to post what and how they feel, and once again, this isn't a site for homeopathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti View Post
I am not sensitive to alternative medicine. MANY people aren't sensitive to it either. You are. Okay. Why did you post this? You want to scare people from trying something that might help? I'm seeing this too much on this site and it's bugging me. Too much negativity.
This is a posters first hand experience and his right to post his experience is just as valid as a positive post about supplements. The sensitivity to supplements are widely reported on paxilprogress. One must be mindful about commenting on negativity, and then making a negative comment.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK

Last edited by scotty : 10-08-2011 at 05:17 PM.
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #39
Jessamine

Shanti, you have copied posts from this website and transferred them to your own site at "my paxil website" linked above ?
Jessamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #40
scotty
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
Shanti, you have copied posts from this website and transferred them to your own site at "my paxil website" linked above ?
Shanti has been notified that she must remove those posts, since that is a huge violation of this sites rules, and the rules of decency. Her access to paxilprogress has been removed and posts will no longer be visible to for her.

Just a reminder to anyone who has their own site. Copying and pasting someones posts from paxilprogress without their permission is a violation of that persons privacy.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK

Last edited by scotty : 10-16-2011 at 09:49 AM.
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #41
Bilo76

More people have tried this GABA? I am curious if more people are positive about it

14 years on Paxil 20 mg cause of a bad anxiety disorder (social anxiety, agoraphobia)
2011 Oct 16th: Cold turkey stop Paxil cause of poopout and switch to lexapro 15 mg. Hell started. Tapered lexapro. Tapered oxazepam. Med-free for 16 months. Now on Anafranil (clomipramine)

"....We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. It can not command, only serve..."
Albert Einstein.
Bilo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #42
klm207

Hi All

I'm also busy reading about Gaba - would love to hear anymore feedback, and also if its safe to take while I'm still tapering from paxil (currently at 10mg, down from 20mg). I'm feeling quite strong emotionally but am suffering from a very wound up CNS, and awful muscle pain, thanks!
klm207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #43
flapbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm207 View Post
Hi All

I'm also busy reading about Gaba - would love to hear anymore feedback, and also if its safe to take while I'm still tapering from paxil (currently at 10mg, down from 20mg). I'm feeling quite strong emotionally but am suffering from a very wound up CNS, and awful muscle pain, thanks!

I've switched from GABA calm to L-theanine at the request of my naturopath. It's an amino acid that the body can convert to GABA naturally. Do yourself a favor and read up on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine

Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #44
caperjackie

I take straight GABA and feel that it helps (darned expensive though). I actually stopped taking it around the time of my last wave (probably a coincidence) and started back on it last week. Feeling better already LOL.
2 failed attempts at cold turkey
Tapered for over a year by skipping one dose per week each month
Paxil free since April 14th 2011
Still having withdrawal symptoms but getting better
LIFE IS GOOD TOTALLY DRUG FREE
Supplements - Fish oils, Cal/mag, GABA
September 2012 - Supplement free and feeling great
caperjackie is offline   Reply With Quote