our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
julie-d

5 month update and really stressed

It's been about 5 months since I stopped Paxil after a 2-yr. taper. In general, I've seen some improvement. Really super intense anxiety, panic, depersonalization, feeling like I'm losing my mind have subsided. Intense agitation has subsided. I still struggle with insomnia. It was getting a little better, like I was starting to sleep about 6 hrs./night with the help of natural supplements and Unisom (same ingredient as Benedryl). None of the other relaxation stuff I've done has helped. Still struggle with anxiety and inability to relax. Have had really restricted range of motion and pain in my right shoulder since Dec. Now, I have lower back pain too. Regardless, the w/d aren't as intense as they were, and I was starting to feel hopeful about getting through the worst of the w/d and actually strted to feel some joy. I started seeing a therapist, and doing some CBT and that has helped a little. My digestive problems have subsided as well, which makes a big difference, although I still haven't been able to gain any weight.

Now, I'm being smacked in the face with stressful life events beyond my control and feeling overwhelmed, anxious, & stressed to the hilt. My husband's kidney disease has worsened to the point that he needs dialysis/transplant. Because of his health, we also have to move in a few months back to an area we left two yrs. ago and into a house that was broken into while we were there. We really dislike the area (it's very congested, high stress & crime-ridden) & had major problems with some people there (like I have a borderline stalker situation there). We have kids that we have to make move again and tear them away from their friends, activities, etc. We just moved here in Oct., so the prospect of going through all that again feels overwhelming. The seriousness of my husband's condition and the implications of that are so stressful. And to top it off, he's the sole breadwinner. I've been a f/t mom and homeschooling the kids and haven't worked outside the home since we had kids.

It just feels like so much. I'm having more problems sleeping again, even with the supplements b/c I'm so stressed. It feels like the rug is being pulled out from under me again. I'm trying to keep it together, but sometimes I can't stop crying and I feel myself getting more agitated and irritable. I really need support, strength and hope more than ever now.
Paxil-free 11/11
julie-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
lmac

Re: 5 month update and really stressed

Juie - I'm so sorry for everything you're dealing with right now, especialy only 5 mnths post meds. You and your family are in my prayers. Life changing events are never easy especially during wd. Its good that you have a therapist. I hope you have lots of support from family and friends. I've had a family member have a successful liver transplant in the past and I imagine with technology they are even that much more easily done now.
I know its hard to have all this stuff going on, just be sure to lean on your loved ones for support. As for the kids, they're resiliant. They may go kicking and screaming but they'll adjust almost immediately. We had to do that with ours a few times.
- 2009 - 20-0 mg paxil in 5 mnths(with prozac)
- 2009 (Dec): reinstated after 4 mnths off (crash)
- 2009 Dec -2010 Nov: Paxil 20mg
- 2010 Nov: switched to Zoloft 50mg (Paxil poop)
- 2011 Mar: tapered Zoloft (5.5 mnths)
- March: 37.5mg for 2 weeks
- April: 25 mg for 2 weeks
- April: 12.5mg for 18 weeks
AD free since Sept 4th, 2011
- Feb - March 2012: Crashed
- May 2012 - Finally seeing SOME real windows
lmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
chiropteran

My heart really goes out to you, Julie. I know that isn't much practical help, I guess just know there are people who care. I hope that you have some of them in your immediate life, too - as lmac said, now is the time to lean on anyone who will listen for support. You've done SO well getting through everything and coming off the meds, now being hit with all of this must feel so very unfair. You're obviously a great Mum, your kids will be fine as long as you are there for them, it doesn't matter where you live. You have to do what's right to get your husband better - everything will start to fall into place.
ENOUGH!
Jun10-Feb11: 80-60mg, 5-12% 6wkly
Feb-Jul11: 60-50, 5% 6wkly
Jul11-Mar12: 50-20, 10% 6wkly
Hold at 20 for winter...
Aug-Dec12: 18-9.5, 10% 4wkly
Jan-Jun13: 8.6-3.7, 10% 4wkly
Jul-Dec13: 3.3-1.5, 10% 4wkly (1 bigger drop to 1.5)
23 Jan 2014 : 1mg
chiropteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
julie-d

Thanks for your support and kind comments. It makes a difference.
Julie
Paxil-free 11/11
julie-d is offline   Reply With Quote