our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
paperboy

Is it possible I am do not have PSSD?

I was on 20 MG of PAxil for 10 years. I began experiencing problems getting an erection after 6 years of taking the drug. I took it for an additional 3 years (not knowing the major sexual side effects).

I stopped taking the drug in early December 2011. I went from 20mg to 10MG in a aweek and then cold turkey!

My symptoms have for the most part have only been problems obtaining an erection.

I have not had problems with orgasms or any other symptoms listed on the site for the most part. I have a large interest in sex, I think about it all of the time, I just can't get it up to penetrate a partner.

I also have low Testosterone.

Does everone who comes off the drug experience PSSD or does it not effect some people?
Currently 25MG Zoloft

Living with the negative effects of Paxil and the sudden drop off.
paperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
IMISSME

Re: Is it possible I am do not have PSSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboy View Post
I was on 20 MG of PAxil for 10 years. I began experiencing problems getting an erection after 6 years of taking the drug. I took it for an additional 3 years (not knowing the major sexual side effects).

I stopped taking the drug in early December 2011. I went from 20mg to 10MG in a aweek and then cold turkey!

My symptoms have for the most part have only been problems obtaining an erection.

I have not had problems with orgasms or any other symptoms listed on the site for the most part. I have a large interest in sex, I think about it all of the time, I just can't get it up to penetrate a partner.

I also have low Testosterone.

Does everone who comes off the drug experience PSSD or does it not effect some people?
You were on the drug about as long as me and tapered pretty much the same way which is considered cold turkey. So at this point your only issue is PSSD, no depression or increased anxiety and all the other crap? Lucky you. The PSSD should clear. I never had that problem while on Paxil (other then delayed orgasms) and only have had it briefly during withdrawal. Still able to perform just no interest what-so-ever. Also, my tesosterone tested way below average and now I am on injections, something my doctor says will have to be forever. I don't believe it though. Too many people reporting low T as a result of Paxil usage. Of course my doctor doesn't think it has anything to do with paxil. Hopefully it will take care of itself over time as well. I will probably not take the injections after this latest round. Doesn't seem to do anything for me anyway.
1 month 5 mg
5/5/2011 C/T'd
2 months physical symptoms minor bad thoughts then emotional hell, complete panic mid July
July 2011 started 15 mg Remeron for sleep
November 2013 at 1.0mg Remeron

IMISSME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
enufodat

Re: Is it possible I am do not have PSSD?

Wait--I just noticed you're now on 25 mg of Zoloft. I would think that could easily be enough for the PSSD to persist.
1/'10-6/'10 50 mg zoloft
6/'10-1/'11 slow taper
2/'11-7/'11 off entirely, ok for 2-3 mos., then rough
7/'11-9/'11 50 mg
9/15/'11 - 11/15/'11 taper off
11/15/'11 to 2/'12, doing well but with some PSSD
2/12 - 7/12, depression gradually returning, fairly bad by June, but with other things at play (dying parent), so who knows the exact cause.
enufodat is offline   Reply With Quote