our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > General Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Discussion Open discussion about Paxil, Paxil Withdrawal, successes and progress, good stories and bad, with and without.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 04-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
miriza

Feeling like back in acute withdrawal

Hi! Is this normal at ~6 months off to feel like back in acute withdrawal? After what I thought was acute withdrawal dissipated, I started having a few symptoms being dominant while the rest started going down in intensity. I used to have weeks of consistent dominant symptoms. It was fear/terror for about 3 months, rage for about 2 months, then agitation for about 3 weeks, then anxiety for a week, etc.

Now I cycle much faster between symptoms and symptoms that I thought were going down in intensity have come back with a vengeance BUT do not last as long as before...Well, even though I hated having rage for months, at least it was predictable...Now one day I wake up with rage, another day I wake up in fear, today I woke up depressed...and it changes throughout the day too...Ughhhh!!! I truly feel like back into acute withdrawal! I SO hope that the saying that "the worse the wave, the stronger the healing" is true
Imipramine:
37.5 mg -> 0 (1 mo,10/08/11): akathisia!
5 mg -> 0 (1 mo,11/29/11)
Now in w/d hell and missing my old self.
Please go to http://www.askapatient.com and leave a review of your med(s) and w/d experience.
miriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
PaxilDream

Re: Feeling like back in acute withdrawal

I am at 6 months and few days myself and your description of the process you went through mirrors mine!!!! I am too in a state now that the attacks aren't as bad as before and seem to last shorter periods. My good days haven't gotten better but are still good none the less. Today I am having a loud ringing in my head day with feelings of panic, anxiety, and fear however I know it has to be better than before because I can at least make sense of it and even typing this message is nothing painful like it used to be. I feel we are both just in yet another phase that will pass with time.

Doesn't make it any easier but tends to help me to keep telling myself "this will pass". Saying that over and over again gets me through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriza View Post
Hi! Is this normal at ~6 months off to feel like back in acute withdrawal? After what I thought was acute withdrawal dissipated, I started having a few symptoms being dominant while the rest started going down in intensity. I used to have weeks of consistent dominant symptoms. It was fear/terror for about 3 months, rage for about 2 months, then agitation for about 3 weeks, then anxiety for a week, etc.

Now I cycle much faster between symptoms and symptoms that I thought were going down in intensity have come back with a vengeance BUT do not last as long as before...Well, even though I hated having rage for months, at least it was predictable...Now one day I wake up with rage, another day I wake up in fear, today I woke up depressed...and it changes throughout the day too...Ughhhh!!! I truly feel like back into acute withdrawal! I SO hope that the saying that "the worse the wave, the stronger the healing" is true
PaxilDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
PaxilDream

Another thing that is helpful in reassuring myself that I am progressing is being able to see posts from people at various stages of there withdrawal, remembering being there, and know I am no longer there. One for an example is in the beginning where I wasn't quite sure it was paxil or a medical condition that doctors "had not yet found" or having doctors find an abnormality and me thinking "this is what is causing it all". I didn't even realize it at the time but I was searching for a problem that wasn't even really there or a problem that even if I had, in no way could be causing the physcial and mental symptoms I was experiercing.

So just knowing I can track my progress through others has been very helpful in putting the pieces together.

While times are still hard it helps so so so so much to be able to really FINALLY make sense of what has been causing me all this agony for so long and be on the correct track to normalcy.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
lmac

Miriza - I've been experiencing this in the last couple of weeks again and wondered the same thing. Like things started to dissipate and just hover then slammed me again full force. I also notice that wave ended quicker than before and that's when I've since started to have more windows. Since I get more windows, I feel very up and down even in the same day. I too was wondering if this is normal. I'm actually a little relieved to hear someone else feels this all within a day because I too am just recently noticing this. Miriza, it came back full force for me too but quickly ended (after about 4 days this time). Now I only see glimpses of acute wd, it mainly just hovers now. Of course it can get worse if I let my emotions go down that road or if something distressing happens.
- 2009 - 20-0 mg paxil in 5 mnths(with prozac)
- 2009 (Dec): reinstated after 4 mnths off (crash)
- 2009 Dec -2010 Nov: Paxil 20mg
- 2010 Nov: switched to Zoloft 50mg (Paxil poop)
- 2011 Mar: tapered Zoloft (5.5 mnths)
- March: 37.5mg for 2 weeks
- April: 25 mg for 2 weeks
- April: 12.5mg for 18 weeks
AD free since Sept 4th, 2011
- Feb - March 2012: Crashed
- May 2012 - Finally seeing SOME real windows
lmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
lmac

And I agree. I've never thought of it this way but yes, I do read posts now and see that some people are where I used to be and I completely understand. I guess that does mean we're making progress. I still get scared though after reading some posts and I still avoid other posts. I'm definately not there yet where this stuff doesn't bother me or scare me anymore. I really hope to get there sometime because I'd like to help others!!
- 2009 - 20-0 mg paxil in 5 mnths(with prozac)
- 2009 (Dec): reinstated after 4 mnths off (crash)
- 2009 Dec -2010 Nov: Paxil 20mg
- 2010 Nov: switched to Zoloft 50mg (Paxil poop)
- 2011 Mar: tapered Zoloft (5.5 mnths)
- March: 37.5mg for 2 weeks
- April: 25 mg for 2 weeks
- April: 12.5mg for 18 weeks
AD free since Sept 4th, 2011
- Feb - March 2012: Crashed
- May 2012 - Finally seeing SOME real windows
lmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
PaxilDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmac View Post
And I agree. I've never thought of it this way but yes, I do read posts now and see that some people are where I used to be and I completely understand. I guess that does mean we're making progress. I still get scared though after reading some posts and I still avoid other posts. I'm definately not there yet where this stuff doesn't bother me or scare me anymore. I really hope to get there sometime because I'd like to help others!!
I do my best to help others outside this board by talking about it when the moment is right. I used to talk about it all the time. Like someone would ask "hows it going?". (you know just casual conversation) and I'd be like "well I cam off paxil.......bla bla"

Part of that I think is just the need to talk about what you are going through but now that I am feeling more in control/handling it I am better able to truely explain the process of paxil from beginning to where I am now.

I still don't know what exactly I am going to do to help when this is all over but through playing music, vehicle window tinting, all the people I know and work I truely look forward to the day I am me again and can focus some of my time to educate and help.

I won't be dedicating my life to it or anything but I can in no way just turn a blind eye to something that I might can do to prevent or help someone through this.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
aberdeen

I had this happen twice, once at 6 months off and again at 11 months off. I had been feeling good for a month the first time it happened, and then had been feeling good for about 5 months the second time. All throughout I had little waves and windows, but these two times were distinct, and both of those times I thought "OMG it's like at the beginning again!" But luckily, the really acute part of the most recent wave only lasted a couple of days, and then the rest of the medium-crappy stuff lingered a few weeks and then just feeling flat has been going on since. Hang in there, both of my "OMG it's just like the beginning again" waves passed! I don't know if the good windows were better after each each time...maybe a little but by now i had Paxil side effects to deal with (apathy and lethargy) but I do know they were much longer.

2005-2010 Effexor XR 112.5mg-262.5mg for PPD
June-Dec 2010 Poop-out (crash)
3 month cross taper off Effexor onto 40mg Cipralex, switched to 20mg Celexa, switched to 20mg Paxil
Nothing helped except waiting 7 months to stabilize on Paxil then starting to taper:
Oct'11 to Nov '12 20mg-10mg
March'13 to Feb'14 9mg -4mg
Feb 7/14-4.0mg
April 1/14-3.6mg
aberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
miriza

I ended up having a meltdown (tons of crying and screaming) and then it dissipated for a while...I hate this rapid cycling of symptoms...ughhh!
Imipramine:
Please go to http://www.askapatient.com and leave a review of your med(s) and w/d experience.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #9
caperjackie

It seems to be very normal at around the 6 month mark miriza. Try to take hope from the improvements you have seen (not easy I know) because in the big picture you have come a long way. Too bad the little picture sucks so much .....
2 failed attempts at cold turkey
Tapered for over a year by skipping one dose per week each month
Paxil free since April 14th 2011
Still having withdrawal symptoms but getting better
LIFE IS GOOD TOTALLY DRUG FREE
Supplements - Fish oils, Cal/mag, GABA
September 2012 - Supplement free and feeling great
caperjackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
miriza

Still feeling like back in acute w/d...but then Aunt Flo is just 3 days away so I'm sure it has something to do with it...
Imipramine: